What are the BEST Choices ?

• SRC Member

Hi experts ,

I intend to start a Nano Tank Dymax IQ3 in office.

Situation:

The Office Air Con is centralised.

Starts at 9 am till 8pm at 24 Degrees.

I do not intend to install Chiller or Skimmer or whatever supports.

I intend to just plug & play the IQ3.

What are the best choices of Marine Live Stock suitable to fit into my intention?

Can a Valentini Toby be a good choice ?

What else ??

Kindly advise.

Thank you ... ...

• SRC Member

Hi , You may want to check out the temperature of your office after 8pm it still cold but what about hours later , what temperature like .nano tank is small so temperature will be up once room temperature rise up , if below 29 should be ok . Try damsel or caridnal or search wed for info on marine fish ....

• SRC Member

Hi , You may want to check out the temperature of your office after 8pm it still cold but what about hours later , what temperature like .nano tank is small so temperature will be up once room temperature rise up , if below 29 should be ok . Try damsel or caridnal or search wed for info on marine fish ....

the office may be warm and humid after the aircon shuts off so it may reach quite high temperatures. If you want to you should check your office temp when the aircon is off. Also I think the only corals you can keep are simpler mushrooms and Zoas, and maybe some other softies. Temperature fluctuations are hard to manage and 6 degree changes can cause a lot of corals to melt very quickly

• SRC Member

Maybe can get a small fan on a timer to on when the aircon is off. If you intend to get a goby do put a egg crate to prevent it from jumping out. I have a pico similar to a IQ3. The most you can have is 1 fish, maybe a couple of snails, crabs and shrimps. The dymax wp4 is small and good for that size of tank, e most you need to top up each morning with ntuc distilled water

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

Honestly a IQ3 will be too small for fishes. I also made the mistake of getting a too small tank. Why not go for the IQ5 might be able to fit more, then also u might not need fan.

Im very new to this too. so maybe others can be in a better position to advise

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

May not wanna have corals.

Just a FOWLR ...

iq3 is wayyyyyy to small to be a fowlr tank. Unless you want to keep a species tank for tiny fish which cannot live with other fish (frogfish/scorpionfish etc etc) the fish in your tank would suffer. IMO your tank is more suited for corals but the temperature fluctuations would be a big problem, so some form of cooling is required

• SRC Member

I think small goby will be great for your setup and also add in a PC fan for cooling after office hours.

Next morning can always top up with distilled water from office which i think is commonly available in most office :thumbsup:

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

May not wanna have corals.

Just a FOWLR ...

Just my thinking. Would be nice to hv a pair of clown fish, combi pair of yasha gobi n pistol shrimp, some cleaning crew.

As mentioned earlier by other bros, can consider install dymax fan for cooling after office aircon is off.

• SRC Member

Think a pair of clownfish will take up all the space in ur tank. I also have a tank about the same size as a IQ3, only have 1 clown and 1 fireshrimp and some cuc and it looks quite full liao

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

I intend to keep little.

But with Thin layer of Sand and a Small rock

I always heard of Distilled Water top up ...

But how much can I top up ?

Top up every time or must change water at certain times ???

I never top up distilled water in my main tank before .. So i am noob on this issue.

• SRC Member
I intend to keep little. But with Thin layer of Sand and a Small rock I always heard of Distilled Water top up ... But how much can I top up ? Top up every time or must change water at certain times ??? I never top up distilled water in my main tank before .. So i am noob on this issue.
Bro iq5 is really very small. The most u can keep 2 or 3 nano fishes. I used to keep one iq5 for corals. Everyday got to top up close to 1L of freshwater end up i give up.

• SRC Member

Bro iq5 is really very small. The most u can keep 2 or 3 nano fishes. I used to keep one iq5 for corals. Everyday got to top up close to 1L of freshwater end up i give up.

Huh ..... Everyday top up 1 L ????????????

Siong leh ... Got Cover also lose that much water ?

YOur sharing sets alarm in me .. Swallow Saliver ..

• SRC Member

You might want to consider other models. Iq3 or iq5 does not have under flow. Very dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OK... So what other options are you referring to?

Can buy at 328 Clementi or ??

I am open to anything.

I just intend to maybe keep a Toby or so ..