Going NS soon...

blacknails

• SRC Member

Well, just wanted to report that Blacknails will be going for BMT this coming wednesday (21st April). I've been more or less addicted to this forum since I became a member and it's the ONLY forum I've ever been active in...

Sad thing is that I'll be going into BMT soon and just wanted to say that I'll miss this forum like crazy....

Hope I won't soon be forgotten (AT you're my reefing idol), (Tanzy I love your avatars), (Dispar_Anthias, FuEl, Razo etc thanks for all your advises), (love you guys who place your cats n dogs as avatars), (nicholasloh you're the man) by the people in this forum and hope I won't lose my membership while in NS... Heh heh...

Take care you guys... Cheers... :(

• SRC Member

hi,

Congradulation, on the enlistment.

I'm enlisted 10 years ago.

It leave me with memory that last till today, when I'm call up for reservist, my buddies still talk about them.

Approve NS with an open heart.

You will be a man after the period

;)

• SRC Member

go tekong gd meh free sliming and toneing center how i wich i can recourse last time

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Heard from someone that in NS..you either be somebody, or be nobody. Never get stuck in between. :ph34r:

Eh? Fuel never been in NS?

Well, if the training is still like what I had, you probably won't have time to miss this forum... :)

• SRC Member

Dun worry too much, BMT nowadays very lax. Once u enter tekong u will be like "wah" macham holiday chalets. :lol: The best part is tat u can bring handphone so tat u can spill ur "pain and sorrows" to ur closed ones during the nite. How i envy :pinch: , i was totally cut off frm the outside world otherelse than the usual saturady book out. For 6 months, no handphone, pager and no use of public phone. If i recalled, only get to use the public phone once to arrange for parent visiting and tats it, even canteen break only been there like less than 3 times only. :(

Tekong will be a comfy place for u with sea view, sea breeze...training may be tough but enjoyable if u look at it positively ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Eh? Fuel never been in NS?

Well, if the training is still like what I had, you probably won't have time to miss this forum... :)

Except in the middle of the night when all your bunk mates are asleep, and when you try to catch the precious ZZZZ before you have to wake up at 5am to the cold shower..... :)

Life was tough and memorable then. Seldom being treated like dogs. :)

• SRC Member
Dun worry too much, BMT nowadays very lax. Once u enter tekong u will be like "wah" macham holiday chalets. :lol: The best part is tat u can bring handphone so tat u can spill ur "pain and sorrows" to ur closed ones during the nite. How i envy :pinch: , i was totally cut off frm the outside world otherelse than the usual saturady book out. For 6 months, no handphone, pager and no use of public phone. If i recalled, only get to use the public phone once to arrange for parent visiting and tats it, even canteen break only been there like less than 3 times only. :(

Tekong will be a comfy place for u with sea view, sea breeze...training may be tough but enjoyable if u look at it positively ;)

Wah, you have 3 canteen breaks, I only had one during my whole BMT. That was the year when they had the 10 weeks BMT thing. Had to squeeze all the training program into 10 weeks, so we were running like hell from point A to point B because the CO did not cater for travelling time. Got one time even worse, got to do Guard Duty and continue training the next day.

I especially dread the PT lessons, always kenna tekan because late.

Hope I did not scare our NS boy :) I am sure it is a lot better now, at least you get professionally cooked food now :) Can still remember the horrid fish ball noodle for breakfast, taste like water boil noodle with bland fish balls.

• SRC Member

Wah, you have 3 canteen breaks, I only had one during my whole BMT. That was the year when they had the 10 weeks BMT thing. Had to squeeze all the training program into 10 weeks, so we were running like hell from point A to point B because the CO did not cater for travelling time. Got one time even worse, got to do Guard Duty and continue training the next day.

I especially dread the PT lessons, always kenna tekan because late.

Hope I did not scare our NS boy :) I am sure it is a lot better now, at least you get professionally cooked food now :) Can still remember the horrid fish ball noodle for breakfast, taste like water boil noodle with bland fish balls.

Canteen break for the whole of 6mth bro :lol: . U shd be glad tat ur BMT only 10wks. I go thru 3mth of BMT and 3 more mths or shit before going for vocation trg. :sick: . Guard duty and nxt day trg is common especially there r trg program u can't miss. In camp or one day trg still not so bad....my OC "love" me so much tat he get the RSM to ferry me to LCK for Live firing exercise follow by company exercise :cry::cry: ...

Not forgettin the so called laksa...soup nt hot but warm with raw tao gay and rubberband noodle. If soup is boiling hot, then everythin won't taste so bad. :lol:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Still remember my first field camp, got to go back to school for A level results. Not so bad, got 3 A's , so quite happy. But when go back to camp, I got the worst result in my bunk :blink: My buddy got 7 A's. Not that I am comparing and complaining about my results as I did my best and happy with my results, but it is kind of strange when you are packing your field pack for field camp and your bunk mates are discussing which scholarship to apply for :blink: :blink:

But nonetheless, I am still glad now that I don't have to book in at around this time, eventhough I have ROD eons ago. :D