Bad* experience at Coralfarm

• SRC Member

Date: 9th July 2004

Time: 3-4pm

What Happened:

I was eyeing a TINY juvenile Orange Shoulder Tang and enquired the OLD HAG there abt the price as the other male staff were not sure of the price.

IMAGINE my shock when she tell me first that it was a ADULT SOHAL TANG and cost 100+. For goodness sake....which tang would be considered adult size when it is only 4cm from head to tail? Even a clown fish would be bigger! Then I kindly told her that it was a orange shoulder tang...the price list had listed them as shoulder tangs...Juvenile were at $12.00 and adult was at $189.00. The male colleague told her that at that size..it was considered juvenile (aka sub-adult) according to their price list. Then she insisted that it was an adult and was unwilling to sell me.

COULD anyone in the forum pls kindly enlighten me which tang is considered an adult at 4cm?

I consider myself a newbie but adult tangs at 4cm? maybe my knowledge of marine is really limited.

I asked her to call the boss to check out but she kept insisting that boss will scold her for calling him over trivial things. It might seem trivial...but is this customer service?

are they getting big headed cos they are one of the largest farms in Singapore?

I bet that she die die wouldnt want sell me as she felt a loss of face...after such a long period of time working there...she couldnt even differentiate a sohal from a orange shoulder.

This isnt the first time an unpleasant experience has happened to me at CF. the previosu incident was minor, she charged me the price of a goldrim when I purchased a powder brown.

To wrap it up, I am always satisfied with Cf livestock, be it fishes or corals. BUT I will never ever step into CF again cos of this idiot. WHY should I put up with an idiot when I am the paying customer and I wasnt even rude to her in the first place?

The BOSS of CF is welcome to contact me if he wishes to clarify anything. I have nothing against CF or its other staff. In fact, the male staff are always polite and friendly to me. I have been there since I started marine 1 yr ago. To think that it was the first farm I ever visited...

:angry:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter

i saw the tang when i was there that weekend, and it was real small..

if we are to talk about the same person,i had experince it too.. she was trying to sell me a bulls eye pistol shrimp for 60bucks.. <_<

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

hey WL..

i did condult the "uncle" ..the older chinese male staff...pardon my lack of vaocabulary...he is a very nice person....he wasnt sure of the price..so ask me to ask the F****** old hag...

i usually talk to the 2 chinese male staff...they are extremely nice pple...

always like to ask them fro help..

i saw the tang when i was there that weekend, and it was real small..

if we are to talk about the same person,i had experince it too.. she was trying to sell me a bulls eye pistol shrimp for 60bucks.. <_<

:angry: What the heck... :angry:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

relax bro..... the only thing to do is relax..... :off: i got pissed off too today when some1 told me i cant afford to buy his coral :angry::angry::angry: when i just asked hw much was tt <_< he said it was for sale but didnt want to tell me hw much was it :pinch: im never gg to spend my money there anymore :rolleyes: ........ nothing to do with coral farm but just wanted to bring a point tt dun get upset so easily and let it ruin ur day like me ;)

• SRC Member

seriously..

i hope someone can PM me the contact number of the BOSS or the BOSS can PM me..

i like the LS there...but wouldnt be back till the ###### leaves the place..

getting too big headed for her own good...

I have spoken to the BOSS before.. and he is very nice a person.

I dint buy anything that time and he was still willing to give me free advice even though he was busy packing some stock for export..

what a world of difference...

• SRC Member

hmm....anything had minor incident with LCK110 also on teh same day after CF....sibei dulan that day...after the kuku at CF...i kenna a freako fat ###### at LCK...

pls note...it wasnt Bac or steven...i do know them by face....wanted to buy a kole tang..but that ###### die die wun give discount...the price quoted was higher than what BAC quoted me ....

Bro,

I can understand what you kanna lor cos that time she tried to die die want to sell my salifin tang as XL but I talk to John and eventualy I paid as L price only. A few dollars difference.

Did you type wrongly? 4cm she considered adult? Or is it 4" ????

Aiya you should go into the office and look for John if he's around. Guilbert always sits in the office one, knock the door and go inside talk to him :P

But don't anyhow call pple old hag, not so nice ah.

• SRC Member

confirm 4cm...dun worry...i chop my head off..also guarantee 4cm..at most i give it 6cm....

if 4 inches ah..i dun dare argue...cos it can be considered adult..

maybe DA can enlighten me on which species of tangs ah...adult only 6cm....

from my limited knowledge...tangs are all huge fellows....

no one ard..i checked out the office liao..

i where got space for big tangs...

my atlantic blue also smallest of the lot on friday....then my Powder blue from ML also smallest in the shop....

you shld know me mah....tank not giant..no space for giant tangs....

• SRC Member

Relax-lah bro, no point getting overly heated up; at the end of the day it is your own health that is affected, as u will feel frustrated. The other party after the transaction have no feeling, so who loses in the end? :huh:

Better to put it behind u and move ahead,,,as u said, just don't patronise the store again if u feel strongly about it; let your money do the talking... ;)

• SRC Member

Hi siput..thx for your concern...not so pissed liao lah..

just want to announce to the world of reefers...abt this idiotic experience.

just unhappy to disappoint my gf..cos she liked the fish very much....

$189 for a 4cm fish.....and somemore i did tell her that the market price was ard $10+++ ...

even a chevron is cheaper!

• SRC Member

if she was only good at packing..then she should have listened to her colleagues...2 of the male staff already told her that it was a SUB_ADULT SHOUDLER TANG..

she die die dun wan lose face lah....i dun see whats the problem with making a mistake...we all make mistakes.....whats so paiseh to admit ?

there are thousands of fishes in their stocklist..wouldnt be surprised if sometimes identify wrongly..but she dint bother to heed the colleagues advice or check with her boss...

and I wouldnt understand which boss would scold their staff if the staff called to confirm something so as to retain a customer.

I may not spend hundreds each visit...but I do frequent that place for fishes. To think that I was planning to get a chevron there when the shipment arrives..

One man's loss is another's gain....the other LFS should thank the old hag for driving businesses to their side.

They really need their staff to be more experienced in identifying fish. I once asked about the price of a fish. No one knew what it was and despite me telling them it was a ********* they just refused to check up on the price and told me to come back ANOTHER DAY to buy the fish.. wtf... <_< I was there when they had the bulls-eye pistol shrimps too...overpriced if you ask me..even as far as conditioned livestock go.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

relax.. just dun go back to the shop no more..

I never buy anything ever from LCK1*0 after meeting some young punks who know nought abt it even though I hear they change "management"..

I was quoted similar if not higher price than CF.. I tik WTF??? never go back

there any more.. some more the the punks well.. little knowledge.

but personally I meet the auntie u mentioned. she was quite nice the few times i went there even once sold me a reserved item..

talk to her nicely, she'll see the light. or just let it go.. doubt there's

any fish u will die die must have..

for your own pride.. will u go back??

talking abt discount.. ppl dun gives also LL mah..

recently at one LFS in the East I was quoted high, (almost

300% wat I paid few months ago, telling me certified crap.. )

I just tell the boss I dun want.. they can unpack it themselves.

as for ID fishes.. not a easy task.. recent got one hiccup though.. I won't

says much.. hehe.. but some LFS still goes by their "experience" while we go

by book.. if their pricing still as good by their old "experience" then veri the good..

:lol:

• SRC Member

hey fuel...

she also told me to come back another day...really WTF

she think CF got free shuttle bus or near busstop ah..

petrol in and out of CF alr how much...

siao kia sia...

if like the normal LFS...i come back another day also never mind...

the young punk at LCK no more liao...he was at the old tropic marine when i was there on friday..

Woah... cool down... cool down... its just a fish. At that price, that fish won't be sold so easily.... I am sure you can get to speak to Jon or Gilbert and he'll settle the misunderstanding.

Give the old lady a break... you know how old people are sometimes... live and let live, dude!

You'll get your fish at the juvenile price!

I have SMSed Jon and told him your predicament... stand by!

AT

• SRC Member

Thanks AT

i would love to speak to them...got nothing against them....

BTW....dropped by Bio-Ocean on friday..and u werent there...

what a tiring day...went to all farms and qutie a few LFS on friday...

but too bad shipment was limited..nothign much bought...

relax bro..... the only thing to do is relax..... :off: i got pissed off too today when some1 told me i cant afford to buy his coral :angry::angry::angry: when i just asked hw much was tt <_< he said it was for sale but didnt want to tell me hw much was it :pinch: im never gg to spend my money there anymore :rolleyes: ........ nothing to do with coral farm but just wanted to bring a point tt dun get upset so easily and let it ruin ur day like me ;)

Wah liao..... wtf!! this kind of people how to do business!??!?!?!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Hi siput..thx for your concern...not so pissed liao lah..

just want to announce to the world of reefers...abt this idiotic experience.

just unhappy to disappoint my gf..cos she liked the fish very much....

$189 for a 4cm fish.....and somemore i did tell her that the market price was ard $10+++ ...

even a chevron is cheaper!

189!? wow! can buy a school! haha erm about 19 haha

the small tang is one lovely specimen!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
Woah... cool down... cool down... its just a fish. At that price, that fish won't be sold so easily.... I am sure you can get to speak to Jon or Gilbert and he'll settle the misunderstanding.

Give the old lady a break... you know how old people are sometimes... live and let live, dude!

You'll get your fish at the juvenile price!

I have SMSed Jon and told him your predicament... stand by!

AT

ivcap...cool it...

anyway boss,didn't know u provide GR services for src members....GOOD!!! next time can complain here and get all the attention needed....hahahaha