Review On Reef Relief Chiller

clowntrigger

• SRC Member

i m not promoting 0.5hp reef relief but i do have in my room to cool my 90gal tank.so far i ve no complains.i'm werking on shift.sometimes i sleep during the day or during the night.so i need uninterrupted sleep.my room is a normal small hdb room.so about the sauna question,i dun think so.

my current conditions.

1 degree celsius takes about 1hr to cool down.

i set low set point-26C

high set point-28C

lighting-250W 20000k blv metal halide

LS-mostly LPS

decibels-about 15 Db(from my pillow):

-22 Db(bside the chiller):like a cd writer burning a cd

*tolerable Db for humans is max 80Db for 2hrs-similiar

to mrt passing by.

*beyond tis u will go NID-noise induced deficiency aka

deaf.

good luck...

• SRC Member

The chiller is a simple black box.

Reef Relief uses an epoxy coated copper coil whereas Ti Relief uses titanium coil. The Ti R will naturally be more efficient.

You can get the latest and best price from dr chill himself.

post-14-1072710099.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I use the 1.2 HP RR and impress the performance too. My Tank size is only 2.5x1.5x1.5FT and in the VERY HOT weather, it took 1 hr and 10 mins to drop the temp from 27C to 25C and only start again after 2 hr when temp raised back to 27C. is wonderful :D

Save energy for us who using such a small tank as well hee... :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • SRC Member

I dont know.... Been using my .5RR since March and nothing but good comments for the unit. No complaints at all. Not so sure whats the hooha about, issue seems like confined to the larger models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Pity is one thing, where is Dr Chill is another thing!!!! Seems like the issue got too hot and he has gone to hide in the mountains.

my .5 rr chiller went too noisy last month and called dr. chill, told me it needs greasing and he would do servicing. next day his guy came knocking at my door with a stand by .5chiller to temporarily replace mine while they service it. guess aside from the 1.25 rr chiller issue the .5 model has no issue, and if it does go wrong, he can still be reached......