Week 4 - 19th to 25th July 2004

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted at Mar*e L*vrs Aqu* at Simon Road (Kovan MRT):

Hogfish Coral

HUMU HUMU Trigger (very nice....too bad my tank too small)

Powder Brown Tang

Yellow Angel

parapercis blenngy (Red)

blue damsel

domino damsel (3 spots)

maroon clown

moorish idol

butterfly

sebae clown

tomato clown

etc....

• SRC Member
Spotted at Mar*e L*vrs Aqu* at Simon Road (Kovan MRT):

Hogfish Coral

HUMU HUMU Trigger (very nice....too bad my tank too small)

Powder Brown Tang

Yellow Angel

parapercis blenngy (Red)

blue damsel

domino damsel (3 spots)

maroon clown

moorish idol

butterfly

sebae clown

tomato clown

etc....

where is this place !!!! never seen it before quite near my place must go down today !!!

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

brother Melvyn Tan u going down today? me also wanna go leh... u wan to meet up at this kovan mrt the go there together? i also first time there....

• SRC Member

It's a slow blurry morning where the breeze is good and the ambience is conducive for the sleeping canaries...three eager worms make their way to the Eastern side of town...awaiting what jewels there hold for them... :)

The first encounter...

A) Iwarna

1) kole tang

2) ocean tangs

3) flame angels

4) tube worms

5) nice purple tangs

6) 1 gigantic sohal

7) Many others but forgot due to an episode that later drained the writer's braincells... :P

And a sweet elderly (but doesn't look like it ... :P ) lady was painstakingly rearranging her jewels so as to show off their brilliance. Awaiting the onslaught of people coming in the afternoon. The trio walked back happily to the car with one extremely satisfied with the purchases... :)

B) Ah Beng's at Block D

1) Lots of cute mini regal/hippo/palette/blue tangs

2) algae eating slugs and the other blue types

3) moorish idols

4) foxface...I think I saw them

5) turtle weeds tufts

6) red bamboo algae

7) wrasses

8) zoanthids

9) Cute small red anemones... :yeah:

Can't remember liao...

C) Sentosa Marine...

Many handcaught fish...why I believe? Saw the photos, saw the quality of the stock. Was intially skeptical when an old friend said so but upon watching him feed the moorishes...The writer instantaneously let out a shrilling scream that attracted all the people to the tank that she was looking at... :paiseh::paiseh:

All the moorishes were fighting for the small pellets that the owner threw into...Quickly grabbing a big pail, she nabbed three out of the two tanks. happy over her find... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Forgive me...I have a fetish for them so must waste some bandwidth to talk about the find.

For those who wan, quick grab them...the best shoal I have ever seen...Why can't my tank be ready for five of them? :cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

how to show when they still in tub? :paiseh:

Can only see the top elevation... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, two have been taken by a good friend of mine liao. I am left with one. :P

and in the process...my lime greenish yellow hammer was booked. :P

Saw the 2-3cm koles at RW but that was months ago....if got 2-3cm moorish idol then good..might be easier to wean or acclimatize? I dunno...I always have this feeling that when you get things small they adapt better.. :upsidedown:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
sentosa marine at where ah?

Guys guys....pple asked where is Sentosa Marine and no one answer. No wonder new members r complaining they dun get new fren. :lol:

Ok...Sentosa marine is where ex-tropic marine is. Dun hav the exact address.. :paiseh: but its near mainland area. Pls update him on the exact address if any of u guys knw. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.