Week 2 - 9th to 15th Aug 2004

Correction of size for the chevron tang @ ML.

The one that is not reserved. Should be 2" not 1.5", very good specimen and it is already nibble on the algae on the glass.

Eh nibble algae on glass seriously does not mean very healthy... just higher chances of eating and could be abit more stable....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Roger that.

I shall rephase it to this then.

The chervon is seen nibble on aglae on the glass. I would reckon it is healthy as it was very alert and Vrrrooooommmminnng from one corner to another.

Cheers

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Roger that.

The chervon is seen nibble on aglae on the glass. I would reckon it is healthy as it was very alert and Vrrrooooommmminnng from one corner to another.

Cheers

haha dun need to reckon lah.. yeah many reefers interpret a fish eating to be healthy yes maybe so but nipping algae on glass is a sign of stating to feed only

whether healthy or not, it's hard to tell because there are many well feeding ones that will succumb to illness like whitespot and die just as easily...

but the main advantage of choosing a pecking/eating specimen from an lfs is that, this specimen is not on a hunger strike at the moment and is willing to find and accept food for itself....that itself is a big factor in getting a good specimen that will last..

no point buying very nice looking fishes only to see them continue their hunger strikes in our tanks and worry here and there with what to feed them....on the other hand, a shabbier looking fish with an appetite may turn things around when it starts to accept better food in our tanks and get stronger and healthier...

but of coz there are cases where u see the fishes eating in the lfs and yet when you bring home, they go on hunger strike....such things do happen...

and all these uncertainties just makes fishes more interesting to interact with :)

• SRC Member

haha dun need to reckon lah.. yeah many reefers interpret a fish eating to be healthy yes maybe so but nipping algae on glass is a sign of stating to feed only

*Bum*

Fall off the chair already. :P:P:P:P

To Nautical:

Huge numbers of clam sighted @ P### Reef @ Lavender area.

Anyone sight electric blue hermit crab?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Marine Im@g* at yishun

3 fire gobies

a few small regal tang

1 sailfin

normal clowns

1 Lamarck's angelfish

few rusty angels

2 hawkfishes

alot of different kinds of damsels

1 small clown trigger

Few Square back anthias

Corals

Elegances!!

Sun corals

Pearl bubbles

Cat eyes bubbles

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

Roger that.

Cheers

Wahahaha... love ur description bro! :):lol:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Achilles Tangs spotted at LCK110. 4 to 5" in sizes.

The gold flakes angel there is young adult sizes. Nice pinks and blacks. :whistle

Got mystery wrasses too... :ph34r::ph34r:

Yup, were at LCK110 yesterday & spotted their new fish arrivals, did not stay long cos they were busy unpacking their newly arrivals & also some were busy packing lots & lots of other fishes (from their tanks) for export.

Mystery Wrasse/Five Bar Wrasse :o ---- heard already reserved & sold.

Goldflake Angels --- 1pc abt 5" - 6", very solid colors - sparkling : :o & 6 more

smaller ones.

Achilles Tangs

Chevron Tangs

Yellow Tangs (lots of it)

Flame Wrasse

Flame Angel (lots of it)

Multicolor Angel

post-25-1092442418.jpg

• SRC Member

Yup, were at LCK110 yesterday & spotted their new fish arrivals, did not stay long cos they were busy unpacking their newly arrivals & also some were busy packing lots & lots of other fishes (from their tanks) for export.

Mystery Wrasse/Five Bar Wrasse :o ---- heard already reserved & sold.

Goldflake Angels --- 1pc abt 5" - 6", very solid colors - sparkling : :o & 6 more

smaller ones.

Achilles Tangs

Chevron Tangs

Yellow Tangs (lots of it)

Flame Wrasse

Flame Angel (lots of it)

Multicolor Angel

the mystery wrasse damm chio :P