Sea Turtle

Matt06

• SRC Member

Hon has kept sea turtles before.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
I believe keeping turtles is per se illegal.

That's true.

Matt06,

How big is your lagoon?

Do you know what sea turtles eat? Definitely not terrapin food and lettuce.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

knowing what is required and actually providing them are completely different things.

I believe they feed on live jellyfish, can you provide that?

Can you provide 15ft tank for it?

Anyway, I dont think anyone will be stupid enough to try to get it for you. illegal acros is one thing, sea turtles and another thing altogether.

Your best chance would be to collect the egg somewhere in a remote beach and hope it hatches.

ok....not for fun...this is just what I was thinking....correct me if I'm wrong......

I know

1) Singapore - illegal to keep sea turtle :nuke:

2) they hatched from eggs from young.....swims off...........and one day return to lay eggs at the exact place..... :)

3) they are BIGGG :shock:

so, one day.....normal reefers will run out of space for them(if they adapt)....can't give it to zoo, underwater world...coz...illegal........

4)solution...release back to ocean??? :unsure:

Poor turtle will have no place of origin :o ...my opinion...a little too cruel :o ... tat's why when we keep a fish...it is till the death :evil:

hey...tat's me and my thoughts...no need to get upset over it...keke :)

eh deepblue...

where were u yesterday?

forgot to take ur no.

go LCK didnt get to see anyone except Razo.

hey.... :off:

BTW.....pmed you

Matt06

They are endangered species, and we release them once hatch they back to sea at our resorts in Maldives since you like sea turtle so much why don't keep a fresh water pig nose they are easy to keep and can be found in most LFS and look and swim like it sea cousin.

If you are refering to the pig nose , they are now selling like $15 each for about 8cm at LFS, they are cute had 3 in my indoor pond

of course I'm not refering to pig nose. They're real sea turtle. Must ask the farm owner then he'll bring it out. They're very different from fresh water turtle. Its front legs are very very long, and very very short rear legs.

I don't think we condone the keeping of sea turtles as part of the Marine Aquarium hobby.

I believe they are a protected species. People are trying hard to save them and why are people trying to keep them illegally? They need a lot of space, they eat lots of soft corals as part of their diet.

Please do not KEEP sea turtles as pets.

3v|L,Aug 25 2003, 07:03 PM] Thought go underwater world need to pay money?

the 'pond' outside allows you a good view of the turtles...can go into tunnels to see them swim as well............no need to buy tickets to go in .................. ;)

• SRC Member

I guess it is about the responsibility that you are keeping something with you, just like plants as well as animals. It is classified as illigal because we have people who just wanna keep them for the sake of fun. And we also have people who kill them in mass number what we can't have a definitive answers.

However, when you talk about conservation, you talk about studying about what is around us and understand them, with such point in heart, I guess it is a calculated risk that we have to take. Just like those corals are fishes you are keeping.. If you are not careful, they will die and the cycle repeats untils we are loosing a substantial number that our conservationist have to appeal to ban them from being kept as pets.

Just look at the "Nemo" for example and you will appreciate what I am talking about.

Just by asking yourself a good question - How sure are you, when your purchased corals or fishes are gonna live till their liefspan is up?

I guess the point is that we must be responsible to keep something by providing an enviroment that is enough for it feel as comfortable as natural enviroment, using the most advanced technology and eqiupment and investment - which all sum up to be a calculated risk that you must take, as you will never be sure till it is fullfilled.