Week 5 August 03

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shop at Tanjong Katong. Got bring in lantern fish! Those black ones whereby their eyes are supposed to give out light at night.

Also got one kind of nudibranch. Looks like a diatom or algae eater to me. Those have been there for about 2 weeks already. Whole body black with some green dots on them.

These black fishes are called "Flashlight fish" which has symbiotic bacteria to produce the "light".

This fish is basically nocturnal and needs LOTS of swimming space. i.e. NOT suitable for reef tanks!! They will INJURE themselves & DIE.

Proper diet needed to maintain fish and "light" bacteria. NOT suitable for beginner.

The highest level of insanity is doing the same thing over & expect different results - Albert Einstein

Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler - Albert Einstein

• SRC Member

These black fishes are called "Flashlight fish" which has symbiotic bacteria to produce the "light".

This fish is basically nocturnal and needs LOTS of swimming space. i.e. NOT suitable for reef tanks!! They will INJURE themselves & DIE.

Proper diet needed to maintain fish and "light" bacteria. NOT suitable for beginner.

I been looking for flashlightfish for so LONG EVERYWHERE!!. where is this LFS in TK whats the name?? dun think i ever been there b4. u know the rough price?

• SRC Member

I been looking for flashlightfish for so LONG EVERYWHERE!!. where is this LFS in TK whats the name?? dun think i ever been there b4. u know the rough price?

hmm great they are back ...

i wanted some but i heard it was ban ....

hmm between royal gramma and ricordea...I guess..I will chiong for the gramma this round, ricordea very exp....I think it will be around even if I go next week.......

wow. i think ricordeas by tml surely kanna gone liao! haha

OP still got that ghost pipefish? can someone confirm that for me?

MMM how much are the ricordia sold at.....

If the price is like floridea, i think will not be gone so fast