anyone serve NS in amoy quee?

moron_clown

• SRC Member

Hi moron_clown

sounds like a mono intake. Most BMT for the various arms are conducted at Tekong now, and AMQ has a SIR based there. (Sorry, cant remember which one)

Good thing is its near your place. Bad thing is because after the BMT, most liekly you will remain in AMQ and its SIR. The training is sometimes more gruelling coz the unit will absorb you in after BMT, hence they must ensure you are up to scratch- you will be covering their asses in future.

Good luck, mate.

:)

• SRC Member

good luck to you me just came back from there for my out field training bruises all over my elbow and knee doing section movement

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

There are two units there that will take mono intake, 2 SIR and 20SA. One is infantry and other is artillery. Both also siong one :P....good luck... how I know???? I was in that camp as MTO many years ago. Anything to look out for??? That place is rumoured to be extremely haunted....actually used to be where bio-ocean is located, just down the ulu road.

Now NS easy lah, many welfare, higher pay, good food and only 2 years...sigh...dont worry too much lah. :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
hello,who attended their BMT in amoy quee?how come i dont need to go tekong??Any comments about that place??anything that i should look out 4???

hahaha.................

good luck bro............... :D

most likely kena 2sir....................

their past mono jus ORD only.................

welcome to the family of INFANTRY,

THE QUEEN OF THE BATTLEFIELD............................... :D

Spidey...'welfare' - its relative here.....to old timers like us.....the training and treatment of our NSman.....not so siong lah....

Anyway....my seniors told me that when I was enlisted more than 10 years ago :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
ive been in tekong for the past 1 and a half months . lost 13kg in that timeframe . welfare my balls

Besides 8 hours of rest, no standby toilet, wake up very early to sweep the roads and etc training hard is the only 'welfare' you'll get..... :D

Btw, do you still have leopard crawl, forced march, hanging in the 3 tonner.

I'm sure you're a much stronger men now.........enjoy your army life, you may find your life long friend in there.........

Spidey...'welfare' - its relative here.....to old timers like us.....the training and treatment of our NSman.....not so siong lah....

Anyway....my seniors told me that when I was enlisted more than 10 years ago :lol::lol:

:lol: very true DB....... am having a jolly good laugh in reservist now. ever had "stand by bed" in the parade square b4 (locker, bed, etc inclusive)??? :sick:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

for moron clown case.........

hmmmmmmmmm

i think he is more fit than to go into the infantry....

think SOC need him more............... : :blink:

then one day he will become a clown tat is really moron liao..........!

hahaha.......... :D:D:D

• SRC Member

training is ok . its mainly the really horrible food that makes us all lose so much weight . Still have leopard crawl . A to B march etc .

Im not enjoying it . But its not exactly hell . its just i have so many girls to chase .. and so little free time :evil:

• SRC Member
erm just a few more questions,what do i need to bring for the PTP?how many pairs of clothes and such?thanx guys.

everything provided in the army..infact, u won't get to use your home clothes cos its not allow...just bring about 10 underwears will do...bring some biscuits for snacks also...

maybe bring 1 pair of shorts for sleeping purpose...dun be kiasu and bring too many things..if not u'll need to carry lotsa them when u book-out...

i'll take your car... :lol::lol::lol:

if you pespire a lot, it'll be good if you get additional PT attire from beach road.

make sure you change your socks and underwear everyday, if not you'll get ringworms/foot rot/some fungus growth/encezma in the worse case scenario.

so buy/bring enough green socks and white socks, and also enough underwear.

go beach road buy one big ziplock bag. why? so you can put your smelly underwear into it and zip it up! and trust me, the ziplock bags in NTUC can't compare in terms of size. but the beach roads one tend to leak after a while lah. so pro and con for you.

ive been in tekong for the past 1 and a half months . lost 13kg in that timeframe . welfare my balls

please lah. Tekong is a bloody chalet there.

wait till you do your BMT in unit. then you'll know what torture is.

SAF directive states that there shall be no more stupid punishments like change parade/duck walks/stand by cupboard. but. let's just say, in mono intakes, the tendancy of having a psycho PS who will do just those is rather high.

ask people from my batch. 3am can get turned out and change parade till about 4am or 4.30. can bring cupboard from 4th floor down and bring them back up again.

can go run a few rounds immediately after meals. do push up in middle of parade square under the bloody hot afternoon sun. a lot of things lah.

Tekong. :whistle holiday camp siah.

• SRC Member

poor you . /me give u a medal . there u go .

Bring clothes washing powder and MAGAZINES . thats pretty much it . everything is given to you . You can bring 10 underwears if u want . but personally i ... hang loose everyday :) . my underwears untouched for quite long .

• SRC Member

Normally.....change parade, standby bed, defaulter parade are just some prgramme that they included in the training for recruits or `sin chao'.....they just want us to have a feel of those things.....its not so siong when Ur a recruit.....most of the times this things wont happen when U post out to a unit maybe except area cleaning.....

But...be wary....provost unit will drain U off Ur socks.....they just want to instill further discipline in U.....samme goes to other schools like Sispec, OCS...etc....once Ur a conditional soldier...u are expected not to make stupid mistakes like dissubordination, mishandling of pyrotechnics....just some to list.....

Overall....when U look back...especially after 10 years of ORD....U will automatically remind Urself of how fun & enjoyable was it during Ur NS....I do.....

• SRC Member
There are two units there that will take mono intake, 2 SIR and 20SA. One is infantry and other is artillery. Both also siong one :P....good luck... how I know???? I was in that camp as MTO many years ago. Anything to look out for??? That place is rumoured to be extremely haunted....actually used to be where bio-ocean is located, just down the ulu road.

Now NS easy lah, many welfare, higher pay, good food and only 2 years...sigh...dont worry too much lah. :)

Got haunted meh? i was the 9th mono.... notting SPECIAL happen leh...... the only place happening is TEKONG! first time go there GANNA liao! :lol:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Got haunted meh? i was the 9th mono.... notting SPECIAL happen leh...... the only place happening is TEKONG! first time go there GANNA liao! :lol:

6 SADA there abit frightening leh

especially doing guard duty at night :evil:

poor you . /me give u a medal . there u go .

Bring clothes washing powder and MAGAZINES . thats pretty much it . everything is given to you . You can bring 10 underwears if u want . but personally i ... hang loose everyday :) . my underwears untouched for quite long .

me? a medal?

haha.

give yourself one. (=

if you give me ROD letter, I don't mind.