joe's juice for aptasia control

• SRC Member

last night i discovered a colony of them on some rocks. I have been advised on using hot water but how to get it hot anymore when it touch the tank water? Also for the kalk paste, it would raise up a PH shock rite?

I have heard of freshy squeeze lemon juice. Anyone tried that before. Otherwise, is Joe's juice available locally? and who sell them?

Thanks bros..

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Fresh lemon juice didn't work for me. I was told to inject the juice into the stem of the apstasia, but it's very difficult to aim accurately and quickly (before it retracts). The anemone typically shrunk before the juice could be successfully injected. :angry:

But I tried using kalk today, and the results were splendid. :evil::evil:

Would like to ask the experts around:- how much kalk can we dose before it's over the limit? I mixed 1/2 teaspoon of kalk to 2 table spoons of water, but only used half of the mixture for testing purpose. Will that be too much? I think other corals will also be affected if they come into contact with the dosage, rite? Appreciate your advices.

:thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member

i have been using joe's juice for the past month and it has done me good for my tank. bought online from them and it cost me roughly S$28 inclusive of shipment for a 20ml set plus a purchase of 2 Angle Tips. not unless someone brings it in, i think it is still economical as they will ship it the cheapest possible way; mine was shipped as a registered mail, everything inside just that they folded the box with it ;)

• SRC Member
i Just Pump KAL (milk colour) in and the whole tank when smoky...after that the aptasia is gone

:shock: You cleared all the apstasia at one go? That must have cost you a lot of kalk (and $$) :P . Did the process injure any of your LS or corals, or you took them out before the massacre? :pirate:

I target my injections at the apstasia singly, and see them absorb and shrink and disappear... :evil: But throughout the process, water remained clear, with some whitish kalk particles floating around and dissolving into the water.

:shock: You cleared all the apstasia at one go? That must have cost you a lot of kalk (and $$) :P . Did the process injure any of your LS or corals, or you took them out before the massacre? :pirate:

I target my injections at the apstasia singly, and see them absorb and shrink and disappear... :evil: But throughout the process, water remained clear, with some whitish kalk particles floating around and dissolving into the water.

i only got 1 apstasia :P ..so jus shoot it la....

lots of particles floating ard after that..i think the kal burnt abit of my corals...but luckily below the apstasia are mushrooms, so hardy ,jus a little fold in...

• SRC Member
i only got 1 apstasia :P ..so jus shoot it la....

lots of particles floating ard after that..i think the kal burnt abit of my corals...but luckily below the apstasia are mushrooms, so hardy ,jus a little fold in...

Aiya, if it's only 1 apstasia, no need to dose until whole tank go smoky mah. :lol:

My case is much worse - practically infested with apstasia. I think will need an army of butterflies to clear all of them. Even got 1 in the overflow which measures more than 2 inches!! :angry:

Only whacked a few big ones yesterday. Going to repeat the process again in 2 days' time. This time hope to kill more. But I am worried that overdosing kalk will impact my water condition and affect my tank adversely. :sick:

• SRC Member

i used to inject kalk into my reef tank to control apstasia, it works but problem is if u misfire to your corals, it will kill it as well. Peppermint shrimp is hit n miss; and ive read in RC that they would work better in groups of 5 or 6. I have 5 in my tank and eat nothing but brine shrimp <_<<_<

joe's juice is the most effective ive used; no need to worry if it hits my corals as its not lethal to them. best is u can see results in seconds....

• SRC Member
i used to inject kalk into my reef tank to control apstasia, it works but problem is if u misfire to your corals, it will kill it as well. Peppermint shrimp is hit n miss; and ive read in RC that they would work better in groups of 5 or 6. I have 5 in my tank and eat nothing but brine shrimp <_<<_<

joe's juice is the most effective ive used; no need to worry if it hits my corals as its not lethal to them. best is u can see results in seconds....

Yo bro, theres illegal imigrant in my tank since you pass me some of your mushies and zoos. Now they growing everywhere, without any family planninglah. :angry:

Need your expertise to exterminate the alien. :nuke:

When are yo dropping to my place??? B)

Yo bro, theres illegal imigrant in my tank since you pass me some of your mushies and zoos. Now they growing everywhere, without any family planninglah. :angry:

Need your expertise to exterminate the alien. :nuke:

When are yo dropping to my place??? B)

:lol: infected already....quickly clear them

• SRC Member

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

for all that are interested in this nudi, i will try to catch as much as possible...

will keep you guys posted.. :D

but please bear in mind that i heard people complaining that they dun just feed on pest anemone they also feed on "mild stinging corals" such as zoo and etc...