Need your help guys.

ryan

• SRC Member

in end nov last year, i sold my 3ft mh and pacific coo chiller to a JEREMY who claimed his friend from SRC PMed me and got my number from the forum.

he came over to pick up the goods and claimed he had no money on hand and that he would pay later. so i trusted him and let him off. a few months passed and he gave lame excuses like the MH light holder got problem so i don't want to pay till you fix it.

he owes me 550 bucks and has since cancelled his HP line so i have no way to contact him.

if anyone knows a jeremy with a 3ft tank and pacific coo chiller with old starhub HP number 98502336. please let me know and any info from you will be greatly appreciated.

i will be making a police report tomorrow so anyone can give me some pointers as civil cases are pretty hard to report.

thanks for reading guys.

feel free to share if you have had any similar experiences.

• SRC Member
if anyone knows a jeremy with a 3ft tank and pacific coo chiller with old starhub HP number 98502336. please let me know and any info from you will be greatly appreciated.

i will be making a police report tomorrow so anyone can give me some pointers as civil cases are pretty hard to report.

Just a suggestion...

With the original police report that you going to make and the HP number, you might be able to approach Starhub to assist you to trace the person's address and locate him. Starhub should have records of handphone owner even though they terminated their line. If Starhub is not willing to help, seek help via the police to talk to Starhub...

Hope it help..

hi ryan,

u shld hv been more careful, for all u know, there has been spate of similar cases in SRC.

not rubbing salt on ur wound (u know i wun). juz be on ur guard when trading in items in future.

happy CNY. :)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
When you make the report at NPC, you can ask the police officers what you can do, they will advice you.

It is a small amount, not sure if the police is willing to go all out to help, furthermore he has a dispute like you like the MH is not working and you do not have any document to spell out the terms of the sale, so it would be quite difficult. You can take it as a lesson learn, always sell on COD and no guarantee whatsoever.

If the police is going to go all out to help you, you have a decent chance at least to talk or find him, as the police has a lot of other cases to handle they may just take your report and do nothing about it as to get the person's particulars from the telco company require a lot of papaerwork and procedures to comply and even they have his particulars they will not give them to you. Good luck and like kenji80 said, have a chat with the police and they can tell you what they or you can do.

Which friend recommended him to you? What's his nick? Maybe I can help trace...

I'm sorry that this happened to you... but you should have also been a lot more cautious especially with people you don't know!

It's worse because he is probably not someone who chats often in this forum and we know him. (if YOU are reading this forum.... shame on you!)

I wish you luck in finding this guy.

• SRC Member

thanks for all the support guys.

will talk to the police first and see what they say.

about the slim chances of them being bothered about my case, i already knew that.

just hoping for the best. anyone with a friend who works at starhub? i heard that anyone who works at starhub has access to customers addresses.

thanks AT, but so many people PMed me for my number i don't know which one was his friend.

thanks everyone.

if anyone had dealt with this guy please do reply here.

• SRC Member

but wad if he speak like singaporean and he stay at malaysia?? then u can forget about getting it bak.. as msia is soo big... haiz.. sad to hear wad has happen to u.. my dad has alwae remind mi to take money from other dn pass the objuect.. as in yi shou jiao qian , yi shou jiao huo.. take care dude.. i not flaming u hor.. don angry.. take care..

Regards..

Lorenzo..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Aiyah you people.....shouldn't let those buggers know our intention lah....seee.....now they wouldn't want to own up.....cheh....could have practice my skinning skills for the next Hari Raya Haji......now....gone...

Anyway...hope U find him.....but don have high hope lah bro.......he maay be gone liao.....what with all the threat..... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

wah sian... then next time cannot ask for installment liao... :cry2::cry2::cry2: all becoz of this stp conman!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry: arghhh.. ask osama go assassinate him.... :pirate::pirate::pirate:

Don't worry I'm sure he will be exposed in time to come. Basically there are 2 types of conmen.

1) The smart. These guys con only once for any amount above 6 digits after which they escape & don't ever con again.

2) The stupid. These guys want to con even for a 3 digit sum. And now they have to be on guard all the time because of a miserable 3 digits. Was it worth it? :lol:

Moral of the story : If you want to con someone, do it in a big way. If you do it in a small way, its plain stupidity.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/