• Torch
    • Cynarina
    • Frogspawn (Octo)
    • Bubble
    • Hammer
    • Fox Coral

• SRC Member
opps pics too big againz,,,

any lan jiao out there giv comments how to keep this beautiful coral?

deepblue one like beri successful lehz..

already got nemo hosting it liaoz :P

I have one of those too.. they don't open all the time right?

• SRC Member
for me my tank spec suitable for elegance, no problem for me after 6-7 months, but i have try to have bubble twice , both also fail, not sure what happen. i have goni as well 1 red and 2 green. its kinda funny, some might last from the beginning and some last for 1 week.

sun coral quite hard to keep coz need target feeding, only for those who are patient on this.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27786

I don't think you'll need to do target feeding. Unless it's not on the current flow, hence no food gets to it.

Elegance - requires higher nutrient levels compared to most other corals. Unlike SPS. It is usually found in muddy areas at lagoons. Identify where its natural habitant and recreate it in the tank would at least ensure long term keeping. The elegance is usually found near the sediment (sand) as there is where it usually receives its food.

Do not be deceive if the elegance open extensively as it could be an sign of insuffient lighting. Therefore it expands its zoos to receive more light.

For more info pls refer to Eric Bornemans book or Anthony Calfo.

Sun corals are easy to keep provide if sufficient food is given. Target feeding is the best. But most reefers would give up after a while.

These two corals thrive in a nutrient rich environment, which i believe is not so favourable when keeping with SPS corals

Cheers

Anyway, E. Hammers are the easiest of the lot (i have tried) though i have not tried all above listed.

I'm pretty surprised very little people voted for frogspawn... they're relatively easy IMHO...

Bubbles can be pretty easy too if you provide the correct flow... they need slow to moderate flow... if the flow is too high, it's like a hurricane trying to blow ur balls off! Dat's the main reason why I tink people who cant keep bubbles fail... :P

Some corals cannot be kept with others due to the lights demands and the level of nutrients in the water, esp the blasto, used to keep it with ease, now dat my water is cleaner, they dun seem to survive at all... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Is this a frogspawn (Octo)???

I have try so many time...(3X) but fail!....Sigh! :(

I find elegence & bubble pretty easy. Too bad....due to my busy travelling schedule, I lost half of my Elegence to Flat Worm!!! Damn!

post-70-1117781525.jpg

Is this a frogspawn (Octo)???

I have try so many time...(3X) but fail!....Sigh! :(

I find elegence & bubble pretty easy. Too bad....due to my busy travelling schedule, I lost half of my Elegence to Flat Worm!!! Damn!

Yup... but bro, the current too strong izit? They cannot tahan the current keep blowing at them leh... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Yup... but bro, the current too strong izit? They cannot tahan the current keep blowing at them leh... :P

and also, if u pour the vitamins such as magnesium,calcium and etc, pour it gently and pour it in front of ur pump litle by little. that time i didnt know, i just pour down directly cause i quite rush on that day, some of the branches starting to die oledi. 1 week, all gone, hahaha!!! waster money only if like this. :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

hammer,bubble and brain are easy to keep compare to elegance, hahaaha!!! beside, elegance is pretty expensive also in malaysia compare to brain and hammer. i try 2 time kept elegance but failed cause 2 times the damsel eat something for it. stupid damsel!! :angry::idea: how about cook it? :yeah: hahaah!! :lol::D

hammer,bubble and brain are easy to keep compare to elegance, hahaaha!!! beside, elegance is pretty expensive also in malaysia compare to brain and hammer. i try 2 time kept elegance but failed cause 2 times the damsel eat something for it. stupid damsel!! :angry::idea: how about cook it? :yeah: hahaah!! :lol::D

Huh? bro, u keep marine to cook them one ah?? :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Well....I love those meaty meaty brain corals.....but after I decided to keep a Flame Angel....thats it.....it become the angel's food!....Damn!....Since then I dont dare to try another brain!....Sigh!.....cannot have the best of both world...... :lol:

• SRC Member

Well....I love those meaty meaty brain corals.....but after I decided to keep a Flame Angel....thats it.....it become the angel's food!....Damn!....Since then I dont dare to try another brain!....Sigh!.....cannot have the best of both world...... :lol:

yaloh yaloh. want to have this fish, but lose another fish/coral. very hard lar like this. need to study which fish can kept, which can't kept with reef.

aiyoo, the my stupid damsel go and disturb the elegance mah, that y need to cook and eat loh, hahaha!!! :lol: joke only lar. :angel: i'm this mah, no killing purpose, hehehhe!!!! :pirate:

Dat's the reason why I sold my lovely Flame angel last time... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I have 4 elegance- I find them very easy, 4 bubbles also easy.....plate corals I lost all 4(think the golden head gobbie kept covering them with sand spits!), lost 1 brain( too near MHL) lost 2 hammer, 2 torch due to phosphates build up....my vote for bubbles...so far so good.

vipersig.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

my 2 plates just dead, but octo elegance torch bubble are fine... dont know what happen to them, i placed it on the bottom with a 250 MH , back 3 weeks ago they still looking good... and also orange plate is looking bad right now, would this from No3 is high?? because i just checked my no3 couple of days ago and its red ;) then any one have a tip to lower the nitrate, i just get the nitrate remover stuff from seachem and put it for 3 days, also put algone in to the sump, changing water 300 littes already my tank is about 500 littes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

wanted to try elegance but scare it will not work for mi, any guys out there have any advise like placement and how much would one roughly cost i have nv seem one in LFS before so wanted to find one hopefully it can be in the east.

• Moderators

Place your elegance in mid water level if using MH. Flow should be slow to moderate and not direct from powerhead.

Do take note that elegance is very sensitive to NO3. The chances of surviving in a high NO3 tank is very low. In fact, it will be a great NO3 "live" test kit if you got deep pocket. hehe..

Tom

• SRC Member

read on lot bro saying it a hard coral i think i pass lah,stick to bubble,hammer and frogsprawn and it really look nice too bad.but read up some bro saying it suppose to like not so good condition water as their natural habitat.correcht mi if i am wrong.

Another failed attempt (second time) on Elegance... will stop buying them already... dunno why... they just can't stay alive ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

bro second time then it must be really heart pain lah that is one beautiful coral but after reading alot comment on it still no noe know wat the real cause to remedy the sudden death think this one shld be left alone in the wild.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

i have bought one and it is heathy for 3 month liao hope it can maintain tis way.Feed it market prawn two times a week,but it is receding at first don know wat the cause,so i took the risk and cut off the receding part and now it back to normal luckly....