Story of a SUA LAI guy rite here

Venezia

• SRC Member

This is a true life story tt happen in a small island of sg. This ns boy bot 100kg of live rocks for 200 plus bucks , but discovered got excess so he decided to let go cheap .

A potential buyer came to buy 20kg of live rocks , somehow he only brought 20 dollars in his wallet 2 buy the rocks ..... but the boy very chin chay, so he ask the guy how much the remaining so he ask e buyer to quote a price. Eventually the seller said 30 . Upon agreement, the buyer left with the rocks.

after some time, the ns boy ask this LAI GUY to pay the reming 30 bucks , the LAI guy actually said .. wat 30 .. i said $30 for 20kg of rocks ..

can i ask u guys where on earth can u get live rocks at 1.50/kg coralline encrusted live rocks?? the ns boy also paid more than that price to buy the live rock in bulk of more than 100kg. and that LAI guy have the cheek to say only left 10 dollars to pay him..

So sellers and buyers pls always beware when dealing such transections . always collect full amount unless u trust the fellow. :fear:

ps. buyer is a working adult

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while we do not know the terms between them or whether there has been a misunderstanding or miscommunication......

I would definitely want to know who bought $1.50/kg coralline encrusted live rocks...... :rolleyes::lol:

he has probably gotten the deal of the reefing century :lol:

any cheaper and he has to harvest from local waters himself :lol:

• SRC Member

Sometimes a wonder if we should openly declare the nick of these people. At least we can avoid these people. However, they can easily apply for another account :( All kinds of ppl around.. <_<

• SRC Member
Sometimes a wonder if we should openly declare the nick of these people. At least we can avoid these people. However, they can easily apply for another account :( All kinds of ppl around.. <_<

That explains why if I have something to sell in reef club.... I never give priorities esp to new accounts (plankton members).... Not to be bias but sorry to say that this is my own preference....

I guess...... we just have to be more careful and clear with our arrangements with pple.

I have kept corals for a couple of guys for couple of weeks and they just back out like that....(telling me they got no cash, yet was showing off their new purchases in the forum..... :erm: )

I have a guy who sold me a yellow tang, no pics, no indication it was injured and was put in 2 layers of blurred plastic bags(cant see the fish at all) ...when I reached home and put it in my tank... saw its top fin got badly ripped with bone sticking out......

All these cases....I blamed myself for not being careful enough....sometimes...being too trusting to fellow hobbyists here can get you that... (luckily...majority are good :whistle )

all you can do.... reef on lor ;) (we are dealing with human beings here....what do U expect?)

• SRC Member
Wa ....

this type of pple also have ah .... where possible only left $10...???.. sometime it is soo sad to know there are such pple around ......

:(

In here there are many type of ppl

i have sell alot of my stuff in order to clear space

And i do not make a profit out of it but ppl do disappoint me.

So i have learn my lesson TO sell to those that i have deal before. :evil:

And by the way i have some things to give away soon like i say to clear space.

seareefer.

I guess...... we just have to be more careful and clear with our arrangements with pple.

I have kept corals for a couple of guys for couple of weeks and they just back out like that....(telling me they got no cash, yet was showing off their new purchases in the forum..... :erm: )

I have a guy who sold me a yellow tang, no pics, no indication it was injured and was put in 2 layers of blurred plastic bags(cant see the fish at all) ...when I reached home and put it in my tank... saw its top fin got badly ripped with bone sticking out......

All these cases....I blamed myself for not being careful enough....sometimes...being too trusting to fellow hobbyists here can get you that... (luckily...majority are good :whistle )

all you can do.... reef on lor ;) (we are dealing with human beings here....what do U expect?)

that's nothing..

my case jialat...my fren took my corals cuz he say they not doing well(not using chiller), he promise me to nurse the corals for me..ok then, fine with me..cuz fren fren ma..chin chai abit

few weeks later, i saw him post on SRC..wanting to sell off the corals.. WTF!?

hai..see ppl must be careful abit..dun fren with dogs..hai..

• SRC Member

hope he sees this...

pathetic fellow: dun cheat for reefing as you just made it look ugly.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

I met this kind of ###### hole before too some years back. Posted an ads in local hardware forum to sell my wireless router, this guy responded and we met up to trade. He then told me he short of 10 bucks and would TT me the bal 10 that evening later. I tot chin chay la.., 10 dollar whick working adult would cheat?? In the end, sms him dun respond, call him dun pick up phone.

No bang balls here cos i can still live without the $10, only very disappointed with his cheapo character. Wan to cheat, cheat on those millions of dollars deal la....

Like the Hokkien said: "you eat the $10 can get fat meh?" OR "$10 give you see doctor la...."

As a guy, do things must be steady..., then ppl will respect you.

how you know you wouldn't deal or work with that cheated person in future??

Teo bo??

Bo pian one always got these types of people around so you need to be very careful when dealing with other pple.

There's one case when I was selling my Rics and arrangement was made and he reserved the rics claiming that he will collect it the next day.

Next day arrived and after the pre-arranged time he did not appear and I had to SMS to chase him. He replied that his wife is sick and he had to take care of his children. Guess what??? I saw him posted in the LFS thread report the next day? He said he went to LCK in the evening (which is the time he supposed to come collect the rics).

So just be careful not to completely trust pple, they can easily tua and play you out.

• SRC Member
lol watch what surname u using... i am also Lai ...

hahahaha Mr Lai.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Its really a pity. Common sense tells u tt 20kg of coraline encrusted live rocks can't be 30 bucks already. Think his nick sld be released? :nuke:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Its really a pity. Common sense tells u tt 20kg of coraline encrusted live rocks can't be 30 bucks already. Think his nick sld be released? :nuke:

Maybe we should come with a list of ppl who we should avoid trading to as they are making us not only $ but our own time.

Any supporters .

• SRC Member

then the nick revealed here will be greatly appreciated. im sure.

• SRC Member
This ns boy bot 100kg of live rocks for 200 plus bucks , but discovered ...can i ask u guys where on earth can u get live rocks at 1.50/kg coralline encrusted live rocks??

sorri....i know what happen to the NS boy is chaim....but can't resist asking....where did he get the rocks for $2++/kg????.... :lol:

anyway, shame on the old man who cheat a NS boy.....i still remeber that i was paid less then S$200 in NS..... :angry: