Why do you reef?

roidan

Why are you in this hobby/still in this hobby?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you in this hobby/still in this hobby?

• Cos I saw Finding Nemo & was captivated by marine life
    • Cos I was captivated by what i saw in Discovery Channel
    • Cos I was captivated while diving/snorkelling
    • Cos my friends/relatives have a nice marine tank
    • Cos I walked pass an LFS, walked in and that's it
    • Cos I want to decorate my boring home with a marine tank
    • Cos it simply feels good to have a marine tank
    • Cos it is part of my self-actualisation process
    • Cos I am sick of other hobbies/I can't get tired of this hobby

• SRC Member

Had always loved the sea and marine life since I was young. Was always elated going to the Van-Cleef Aquarium back then. Then got caught up in sport, bikes, cars and thrill seeking. Finally toned down. :P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

It all happen when I was abt 5-6yrs old, used to walk pass this orchard wisma tank when mama do shopping, would stop and see, wondering how to get tis pcs of ocean hm.. told myself will get it one day.. But.. wisma one is too big nar.. happy to own small one now.. :lol: overall Marine juz colour my world.. ;)

• SRC Member

Raymond....You miss out this la.....

Sick and tired of fresh water fishes, Luohan, Arowana........

Well.....I was.....till I go marine LFSing with a friend.....I could still rememeber the first time I set foot on a marine fish farm at T95 :paiseh: .........and also partly Nemo's fault........ :lol:

Well....its been 1 year 9 month liao......still passionate about it......just that :( ....ought to be consicous with the vitamin M I am spending on this hobby...... :lol:

• SRC Member

Can add 1 more option?

It's simply Good and fascinating to have a marine tank

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

i cant choose any. cos my answer is "Cos i like mother nature, and not influenced by anything else to start marine."

just a question to ponder....

If we love mother nature, shouldn't we leave our fishes and corals in the loving care of mother nature instead of our tanks?

Ask myself this question, I'm also abit stucked, dunno how to answer :lol:

• SRC Member

If we love mother nature, shouldn't we leave our fishes and corals in the loving care of mother nature instead of our tanks?

education, increase the awareness of the beauty and how delicate it is so even people whom don't go underwater can appreciate and understand the need to protect the reef, yeah discovery channel is doing the job well, but nothing compares seeing the real thing

• SRC Member

One fine day, while accompanying someone running around singapore looking for LS a few years back whom introduced me to Marine.

As it was expensive back then , i didnt had the extra cash to set up a tank. So a few years later, when i drove pass iwarna, went in...and everything else is history ..

hehe ... i call it the wallet-emptying effect over there :)

I also loved the tranquility and calm effect of the tanks.

• SRC Member

Option already there mah

Cos it simply feels good to have a marine tank [ 4 ] [10.26%]

:)

btw, I added another option

Cos I am sick of other hobbies/I can't get tired of this hobby

Haha, I personnally thinks....feel good is not enough.....I just simply attracted to it perhaps. Ha ha

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

ok, just say to ourself that we can play a part for mother nature. :fear::angel:

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
Had always loved the sea and marine life since I was young. Was always elated going to the Van-Cleef Aquarium back then. Then got caught up in sport, bikes, cars and thrill seeking. Finally toned down. :P

Do I know you? :P

Used to be my favorite haunt every other day as I stayed near there. Cumming Street? :rolleyes:

I went till the 'Encik Singh' just waved his hand to let me in whenever he saw me... :P:paiseh:

Yup...have always been mesmerized by things abt the ocean. :)

Cause we want to preserve part of the reef before mother nature got menopause and release her wrath again ( tsunami )... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Van Cleef Aquarium was always a great adventure for me during my primary school days at ACS(hill street). we always run hide and seek at fort canning then proceed to the aquarium. The first thing i always wanted to see was the man-eating piranha fish tank.

The just a year back when eating the famous wanton mee at lavander food court and roam around to reach Reborn. Went in to see "nemo". we were guessing it would be expensive cos back then we didn't know there are tank-bred false percula. So one of us ask uncle. To our surprise it was less than the price of a meal. So excited we bought some home.

Was a real struggle, wat LR, skimmer all that dun know