My see through 5.5 x 2 x 2.5

shootsimon

• SRC Member

Are they really that bad? Looks quite harmless. What about the one that looks like a feather? :blink:

Yup, kill them all (not the feather).. aiptasia will spread like wildfire if you have a lot of nutrients or particles/sediments in your water column and they worst part is that they have a aweful sting that WILL sting all other corals when they come in contact with the aiptasia.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Ok. That's all folks. Will update once I have new pics taken. Thanks for all your comments. Look foward to your comments in the coming days. Last pic before I end. This is my old 2 ft in my office. :P

hi bro .... mind telling me wat ditigal cam u are using ... shoot veri power ....

cheers :D

• SRC Member
hi bro .... mind telling me wat ditigal cam u are using ... shoot veri power ....

Me using digital SLR. Canon 10D. A trick when you use non SLR digital to shoot. Put your setting to night mode and shoot with flash. Shoot from an angle. Never shoot directly straight at the glass. Take one without fash but must have a steady hand. Moving things will seem blury because of motion. But if you are using MH lightings I think should be bright enough for your camera to take at faster shutter speed. :P

Yup, kill them all (not the feather).. aiptasia will spread like wildfire if you have a lot of nutrients or particles/sediments in your water column and they worst part is that they have a aweful sting that WILL sting all other corals when they come in contact with the aiptasia.

So far only spotted two of them 1 tiny one and 1 50c coin size. Will remove it before I introduce LSs. But in the mean time will let them live a little longer :angel:

I recommend getting the FR and run rowa as soon as your tank is set up

Really helps in algae control :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Presently seldom switch on lightings so I'm not too worried about algae. Have installed a UV. Letting my tank cycle for 2-3 months first. Now its in the 3rd week of cycling. Thinking of DIYing one. Have done some research and will try when I'm free. Will post pics if it works. :upsidedown:

wow cool setup! :D

i have several questions in mind regarding your tank. if you have the time, can pm me the answers? still thinking of getting a six feet and is gathering info...

1. what is the total cost of the tank + cabinet + sump

2. the size of your sump, glass thickness

3. did you apply for hdb permit to setup the tank there? is your tank position near the pillar of your house?

4. lastly, who is the tank maker who create this for you?

thanks a lot :thanks:

• SRC Member

Thankyou all for the nice comments :P

Will try the hot water method. Read it in haanzii's tread. Cheap and effective. :lol:

I still have a long way to go man. Just managed to hook up my chiller last night. Attached is a pic of my chiller.

post-34-1122360767.jpg

• SRC Member

Another angle of the pipings. Some parts are glued seal. Some parts using white tape for further mod when have $$$ to purchase CR. By then will place my skimmer in the sump and CR will take up my present skimmer location. No choice but to plan it this way due to space constrain. UV will be relocated but most likly will change to an ozonizer :rolleyes:

post-34-1122361502.jpg

• SRC Member

This will be last pics I have for today. My return pipings for chiller and sump. B)

Have managed to put all pump outside of sump to reduce heat so my chiller don't have to work so hard thus will save a little cost on electrical bills.

The pump that runs the chiller is still in the sump but not submerged in the water. Made it do the "mission impossible" act, hanging in mid air :lol: the inlet facing downwards and the outlet facing horizontal.

Has anyone tilt an eheim pump this way? Hope it's ok :unsure:

post-34-1122362488.jpg

• SRC Member
bro i suggest u get a peppermint shrimp to deal with the api. otherwise u gonna have alot of problems dealing with them in the future!

Can this peppermint shrimp be added while tank still under going cycling? :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

No lah.. cost me 4 arms and 4 legs :pinch: Mine and my wife's.

Bought stuffs really slowly so didn't see huge sum of $$$$ plunge from account (No wonder account never increase at all <_< )

Bit by bit buy lor :D Always on the lookout for bargains :yeah:

• SRC Member
No lah.. cost me 4 arms and 4 legs :pinch: Mine and my wife's.

Bought stuffs really slowly so didn't see huge sum of $$$$ plunge from account (No wonder account never increase at all <_< )

Bit by bit buy lor :D Always on the lookout for bargains :yeah:

:lol::lol:

that's the way one should go... slow and steady... it slowly builds up interest in the hobby rather than getting a whole setup one shot(if u are some rich fella) and after a few months realises that this hobby is too much of a hassle for them to handle... :D of course this only applies to new hobbyists and nt those who are in this hobby for a few yrs already :lol:

• SRC Member

Nice setup and good choice of skimmer, may i ask where did you get the suckers for the eheim pump that was adhered to the tank?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Got a call from my lovely wife just now around 8, telling me house black out :shock: Was attending a meeting at that time. Rushed home to see what happen and found out due to leakage from old FL light activaited the trip. Lucky no live stocks yet. :whistle Must get a UPS or change my switches like what Reefer haanZii did. :unsure: Wonder he will offer his help if I seek his help?? Paging for Bro haanZii :D

• SRC Member
Got a call from my lovely wife just now around 8, telling me house black out :shock: Was attending a meeting at that time. Rushed home to see what happen and found out due to leakage from old FL light activaited the trip. Lucky no live stocks yet. :whistle Must get a UPS or change my switches like what Reefer haanZii did. :unsure: Wonder he will offer his help if I seek his help?? Paging for Bro haanZii :D

Bro,

Here i am....just some 0.02 cents la,

u r right. u need to do some MOD on the power distribution or else.....when either one of yr equip up lorry, yr whole house black black....but do take note that if it is a direct short circuit, nothing can be done as it will dinfinately trip the main incoming unless u want to invest on a ELR which......######.better not la.

i would not recommend a ups as it will not last for all yr equipment for more than 15 min.

think the best is to add aditional ELCB for seperation from yr house supply & yr tank. more ELCB if u want to safe guard yr indiviaual equipment. it dpends on wat u had in mind. let me know if u need more help.

Cheer!

ps. yr setup really nice & can see that u really did alot of planning b4 u start. how i wish i can start again....kekekeke...