Tits are no longer round!

johntanjm

• SRC Member

Eh I want to ask something first. BTA = Bubble ###### Anemone is it? haha!

Anyway i have 2 anemones in my tank. The one you see I dont know whats the name but my anemone crab lives inside. The other is a BTA. Now here comes the complication...

When i bought the bta, it looked very nice. the ###### very round and bubbly. I have a maroon clown in my tank which i transfereed from the tank and quarantined in my sump 2 days before i bought this bta, so that the clown wont karchow the anemone when its trying to stick onto the rock where i position it at.

After I put the bta in my tank, it stayed at the positon i placed it at and adhered itself immediately. Seems like a good start, then when it opened up, the ###### not as round as before already. Then after a day i introduced my maroon clown in, the maroon clown took to it immediately, and from then on, bta no longer have bubble ###### anymore. all the ###### like shribbled up and just waving around like tentacles.

Is there a particular water parameter that causes this to happen? I tested for pH, dKh, Salinity, NO2, NO3, NH3/4 everything ok. somebody can tell me why its like that?

post-72-1127878361.jpg

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

Sure does looks like one though, purple and not pink hehehhehehe :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

:lol::lol: not sure if anyone seen or heard about this... my nemo likes to suckle on at my bubble coral. Right after that he can't close his mouth for a few hours. And last night I saw him doing the same to my hammer! Don't understand why... :huh:

Both corals still ok.

Is yours doing the same thing to your BTA?

:unsure::rolleyes::lol:

• SRC Member

Anyway i have 2 anemones in my tank. The one you see I dont know whats the name but my anemone crab lives inside. The other is a BTA. Now here comes the complication...

When i bought the bta, it looked very nice. the ###### very round and bubbly. I have a maroon clown in my tank which i transfereed from the tank and quarantined in my sump 2 days before i bought this bta, so that the clown wont karchow the anemone when its trying to stick onto the rock where i position it at.

After I put the bta in my tank, it stayed at the positon i placed it at and adhered itself immediately. Seems like a good start, then when it opened up, the ###### not as round as before already. Then after a day i introduced my maroon clown in, the maroon clown took to it immediately, and from then on, bta no longer have bubble ###### anymore. all the ###### like shribbled up and just waving around like tentacles.

Is there a particular water parameter that causes this to happen? I tested for pH, dKh, Salinity, NO2, NO3, NH3/4 everything ok. somebody can tell me why its like that?

Anemone swell and sunken to flush its system. It also stretch or inflate to get lights. Feed 2 times a week and see how loh.

Anyway, anemone not a easily kept guy lah. Good luck.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

the picture you see is not my BTA. BTA dont tell me you never see before meh? anyway i just fed it abit, then the tips look slightly rounder

maybe i continue feeding and see how.

When i bought the bta, it looked very nice. the ###### very round and bubbly. I have a maroon clown in my tank which i transfereed from the tank and quarantined in my sump 2 days before i bought this bta, so that the clown wont karchow the anemone when its trying to stick onto the rock where i position it at. good move

After I put the bta in my tank, it stayed at the positon i placed it at and adhered itself immediately. Seems like a good start, then when it opened up, the ###### not as round as before already. Then after a day i introduced my maroon clown in, the maroon clown took to it immediately, and from then on, bta no longer have bubble ###### anymore. all the ###### like shribbled up and just waving around like tentacles. mine too

commented

• SRC Member

but the problem is at the shop, the ###### were damm round and nice la. thats why i bought. more current = bigger rounder ###### is it?

• SRC Member

:o Wah all these ###### for TATS !!! :D:lol:

I used to have an exotic fijian BTA...big rounded ######...oops TIPS! :D ...hand-fed...grew & flourished...with my resident Clark Clownfish. Until one day it decided to move to a very secluded dimly-lit corner (don't know why ???) where my hand can't reach to feed it... :unsure::( Slowly it shrunk, withered & melted away... :shock::cry:

Now ANEMONES...NO MORE for me ! ;)

My big green BTA when first arrived, had cup C ######. Then after some time, they became cup A. So sad...

I thought about it... Maybe my light is not enough? Maybe because I haven't feed it at all?

Ok I added more light and started feeding it some chopped prawns. The next day, it became cup C. ;)

But because of my increased feeding, and my tank is not fitted with a proper skimmer, after 2 weeks the anemone started shrinking. Then, it moved a bit, and then it puked and oozed disgusting stuff. Lastly, it dislodged itself from the rock and look dead. :( It died most likely because my nitrate level was dangerously high, at around 80 ppm.

The anemone is a "big" addition to your tank's waste producers. Hope that you have factored in the waste that it would contribute to your tank. The amount of biological waste produced by my previous anemone was similar to the amount produced by 4 large clown fish.

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member
but the problem is at the shop, the ###### were damm round and nice la. thats why i bought. more current = bigger rounder ###### is it?

well...if it's at the shop....mabbe it's new stock? unless it's been there for weeks/months? Coz logically speaking even if it retains its bubble tip even after a few weeks then it loses the bubble tips after u bring it back...i guess it might be your tank after all, either not enough current/light or water parameters abit off.

us,Sep 29 2005, 09:25 PM] But because of my increased feeding, and my tank is not fitted with a proper skimmer, after 2 weeks the anemone started shrinking. Then, it moved a bit, and then it puked and oozed disgusting stuff. Lastly, it dislodged itself from the rock and look dead. :( It died most likely because my nitrate level was dangerously high, at around 80 ppm.

The disgusting stuff oozed out was undigested food items. The anemone probably exhausted itself trying to digest the food and this led to its ultimate demise as it was unable to regain the energy lost through digestion from photosynthesis alone. Bubble-tips need very very small meals as they might waste energy trying to digest oversized or over frequent meals. The key is to feed wisely. Even in the wild for a decent sized anemone, it might take a week or more to fully digest half a market prawn and regain the energy lost through digestion. :peace:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

oh shit! i just fed it so much blood worms! anyway it was a really perculiar thing today i observed during feeding. Usually when i feed the anemone, the resident clown will pek at the food in the anemone. today however, when i fed, the clown took the blood worms, instead of eating it, brought it back to feed the anemone. first time ever i observe such a thing. So i guess the anemone probably secrets some kinda chemical telling the clown its really hungry so please feed it. haha! I thought it was pretty sweet of the clown fish. Was thinking of feeding prawn cubes this weekend.

Hey fuel you sound like a real expert. how to make the ###### round?

Not exactly expert. I myself have given up on anemones. Considering their lifespan of several decades in the wild I would rather leave them to the oceans. Don't think bloodworms is a good choice. Marine fish need marine food. You can always blend your own mix using prawns, squid, mussels, etc. As for the behavior its rather normal especially if the clownfish is full. The clownfish might just be using its anemone as a "fridge" to store his food without knowing the anemone will eat it? Or maybe like you said it is feeding the anemone knowingly. I'm not sure. :paiseh:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

its true that the clownfish will feed its host..

read it somewhere in an article bout clownfishes and the anemone..

really interesting facts bout marine life

just like the goby and the pistol shrimp

• SRC Member
its true that the clownfish will feed its host..

read it somewhere in an article bout clownfishes and the anemone..

really interesting facts bout marine life

just like the goby and the pistol shrimp

It is true but never seen my clown doing it though. Normally the silly clown will dash for the food, and then dash back to the anemone and eat the feed there. I would presume that some food with be left for the anemone....

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

It is true but never seen my clown doing it though. Normally the silly clown will dash for the food, and then dash back to the anemone and eat the feed there. I would presume that some food with be left for the anemone....

My clown has mood swings. :lol: sometimes it brings back food to my BTA. And at times it tries to snatch away the prawn that I feed my anemone. :rolleyes: