3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

haha..

MR_Crab..that one not angelfish..

its a moorish idol..=)

yup..im 16..i have a four footer and a 2ft nano in my room..

=)

feel free to add me on msn messenger at frozenflame89@hotmail.com

if u have them =)

Hi Mr Crabs,

Don't be too discouraged by the comments. Most bros here are nice reefers who tend to get tongue-in-cheek sometimes. No serious harm meant, just a little humour at your expense.

Asking for free things is quite unusual, especially when most pple care more for their face than their love of the hobby. I quite applaud you in this thread. Too bad I dun have any extra stuff that I may pass to you....

Last words, sometimes the way questions and answers are phrased (e.g. use of CAPS >> DOES THIS LOOK LIKE I AM YELLING AT YOU?) are interpreted in a non-friendly way by pple.... How about you look at Jem's posts? He comes across as a very courteous 16 year old.

Being 'Diplomatic' is something that comes with experience and need to be learnt. But I can assure you if you can master this skill.... you will get more favours out of others and your life will be much easier.

:peace: This is a difficult and expensive hobby, but end of day, to see your tank so nice and fishes so happy is quite an ectasy in itself.

• SRC Member

thanks i feel much better now.....but it is an expensive hobby when you want it to be very perfect right?...i spent $75....i realy like watching the colours of marine fish swimming about,it gives PEACE and reliefs stress.

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

i spent most of my allowance/pocket money on it..

have very little spare cash for myself..

haha..like what u say

just for the sight of seeing beautiful colours swimming around

and come to think of it..i spend more than $3k :o

but thats considered little comparing to others who spend thousands and thousands on their fish tanks

Mr Crabs, I remember you saying that you want to come for the meeting to learn new things right?

I can see that you are a dedicated new reefer with the interest at heart. It is good that you enjoy this hobby, just like everyone else.

I do not have much free stuff for you but I do cut up my mushies if I'm free and maybe you would fancy a frag.

Things do not come cheap for this hobby and there is an initial investment you have to put in so that your LS will thrive. There is an article in the beginner's forum breaking down the costs of this hobby and you might want to take a look at it.

And come for our meetings and gatherings to make new friends and learn new knowledge. When you have the time and money, go for overseas conferences such as the IMAC and MACNA to learn more advanced "aquariology".

But for now, save up a little and do careful planning on how you want your system to go :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
thanks i feel much better now.....but it is an expensive hobby when you want it to be very perfect right?...i spent $75....i realy like watching the colours of marine fish swimming about,it gives PEACE and reliefs stress.

Mr Crabs.......... are the same person in pets.com with

kayaboy nicks?

Sound familiar when you say you just spend $75 bucks. ;)

To: All In General

I do realise that the younger generations of today are more stressed out in thoughts and personally, I was one myself. But there is something which I wish to share that though I must say is not related to Marine for the moment.

Life is a forever on-going learning process. In that cycle you make mistakes and you learn from them. You do get people pinching you hard to get you to wake up or one who simply is out there to cheat you. Patience is virtue.

There is never a need to take your pride in stride and no doubt that you ask for some things for free, I think that you are doing very well. Based on principles, you know how to go about acquiring your wants and needs within a stipulated budget you currently have.

I guess, do not be overly anxious or stretch your patience tolerance level just because someone is out there making comments of you. Take all that as experience or knowledge that even millions of every different currencies can't buy.

Lastly, to give a fish to a kid will one day make him hungry but to teach the kid to fish, will ensure his survival a lifetime. This applies to the one teaching and the kid who is learning.

• SRC Member

Bro I like this line well said :peace:

Tanga,

I agree with you on that point.

Patience is .... well, patience, wait and wait and be patient. Most things in life is NEVER EVER free. Those that come FREE comes with a price to pay. Either you take it or leave it.

I did offer Mr Crabs some damsel fishes at a small price, just because he lives ONLY half a isalnd away, he says that this is TOO far. Well, distance is a small thing to pay for something at a discount.

Nowsdays even young people are picky and choosy, they always want things free and easy, they hardly believe in hard work and working for their rewards.

So it is good and okay for them (the young people amongst us) to learn and start to appreciate the finer things in life.

My thoughts. . . .

• SRC Member

I think nowdays reef keeping is so much easy with advance equipment

and knowledge being share one another....

The old reefers have to try out the prons and cons and invest

large sum of money due to lack of marine knowledge in those old days

All i want to say is new reefers stay humble and learnt from the oldies

Once you decide going into this hobby ..prepare to spent some money

or else in the end the one who suffer is not anyone but are those poor

little fishes and nice corals

Sometimes i came across seeing ppl asking Q from the shop owner about this fish

and that fish, without knowledge , just buy all at one shot , esp those few dollars

damsels or clowns

For Goodness sake~~~ those are live stocks~~ they are not your lab testing

animals :angry:

My 2 cents worth

Well said Andy

"The best way to learn is through experience" ~Dickson :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

hi crab.. firstly.. welcome to SRC.. but do u noe tt in ur thread there are several secondary sch student.. ya.. i'm olso a sec sch student.. ya.. don feel discourage when bro here is teaching u smth.. r when they sound fierce or harsh when talking.. really chill down when they flame u.. and u can learn alot of thing through here.. u olso don wish to have more enemy den friends right..? hmmmm.. if u don wish to apporach the older reefer, u can apporach us too.. Like BH, Jem.. both of them are the same age as mi.. there are even more reefer of the same age.. ya.. if u need any small LR, do pm mi.. i don mind giving u.. but provided... u collecting it ur self.. ya.. and in reefing.. i olso spend alot of money.. through out the yrs of reefing. u can learn much alot thing.. with the money spend. u can learn thing.. but if u juz take thing from other.. i think tt u wont learn anytihng.. as u will take thing from granted.. ya.. so don really ask alot of stuff.. i olso take out all my saving in buying my marine stuff.. now alrealy pok liao.. soo stand strong. don fallso easily.. ya..

take care.. and enjoy reefing..

Lorenzo..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

Ok,thanks so much guys..i never got angry,i was only sad...I know that

we cant get all things for free,and i never force anyone to give me anything.(a poem)...i know i cannot go too far.and i know that i cannot expect somthing too near...just tryin my luck,if you can hear...getting free things not so simple,getting free things not so easy.....just my luck,i should say,just my time,i would say.whAt more could i do then asking politely .You may have somthing that you dont like,i may want something that i might like.I know the price you have to pay..i know wats fair that i must pay.again and again just to say.tryin my luck on an unluky day..

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
hi crab.. firstly.. welcome to SRC.. but do u noe tt in ur thread there are several secondary sch student.. ya.. i'm olso a sec sch student.. ya.. don feel discourage when bro here is teaching u smth.. r when they sound fierce or harsh when talking.. really chill down when they flame u.. and u can learn alot of thing through here.. u olso don wish to have more enemy den friends right..? hmmmm.. if u don wish to apporach the older reefer, u can apporach us too.. Like BH, Jem.. both of them are the same age as mi.. there are even more reefer of the same age.. ya.. if u need any small LR, do pm mi.. i don mind giving u.. but provided... u collecting it ur self.. ya.. and in reefing.. i olso spend alot of money.. through out the yrs of reefing. u can learn much alot thing.. with the money spend. u can learn thing.. but if u juz take thing from other.. i think tt u wont learn anytihng.. as u will take thing from granted.. ya.. so don really ask alot of stuff.. i olso take out all my saving in buying my marine stuff.. now alrealy pok liao.. soo stand strong. don fallso easily.. ya..

take care.. and enjoy reefing..

Lorenzo..

Im nvr asking alot of stuff...i say just asking anything...why everyone like to sy i asking alot..can tell me where i asked......

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

No HARM...im collecting your damsels already...my bro like your offer.

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

MODERATORS OR SOMEONE CLOSE THE THREAD!!!(shouting out nicely )

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
I did offer Mr Crabs some damsel fishes at a small price, just because he lives ONLY half a isalnd away, he says that this is TOO far. Well, distance is a small thing to pay for something at a discount.

I sent you a couple of mails,did you oread them..im asking the last time for the

collection confirmation...tommorow is the collection date.if you want me to buy it from you....22/10/05 collection date.....sms me

AG_fishjumping.gif

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Im nvr asking alot of stuff...i say just asking anything...why everyone like to sy i asking alot..can tell me where i asked......

not saeing u asking alot lah.. haha.. now is tt i am offering stuff to u.. u wan?

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png