My Manado pix!

Achilles Tang

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice bro!! (salivating already :wub: )

Did you see napoleon wrasse there? Heard from a friend you could find those there :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

National Geographic got their own photographers. ;)

Boss, nice shots. Would have thought u got them scanned from National Geographic.

hamman... i would have taken the lionfish. heehee... :evil:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

To me this is the saddest shot of the dive... I failed to get a good shot of a pygmy seahorse... it didn't want to face me and I was out of memory and low on air.... sigh!

BUT I SHALL RETURN!!!! :evil:

post-12-1137459688.jpg

Huanjie..single strobe.. using Inon D2000.

Actually, this is the first time I am using a strobe... so its both a blessing and a pain.

You do have to learn how to position the strobe to prevent backscatter and also to learn how to not overexpose your target, especially with macro.

I got some tips from seasoned pro photogs there... so it was slightly easier. The rest is up to trial and error.

• SRC Member

Hi AT,

Great photos.

I have a A620 too but I have not buy the underwater casing because I experienced quite a fair bit of delay in between shots (the flash seems to need time to recharge) and dont think that it is suitable for taking fishes. Do you have the same delay problem?

Btw, where did you get the Inon Macro len? Is it suitable for use with the Canon underwater casing?

Thank you.

Hi AT,

Great photos.

I have a A620 too but I have not buy the underwater casing because I experienced quite a fair bit of delay in between shots (the flash seems to need time to recharge) and dont think that it is suitable for taking fishes. Do you have the same delay problem?

Btw, where did you get the Inon Macro len? Is it suitable for use with the Canon underwater casing?

Thank you.

On the contrary, I think the flash recharge is quite fast or acceptable enough for me. 1.5 to 2 secs flash recharge?

What kind of batteries do you use? High powered ones?

I had to use a universal mounting tray with the Inon macro lens attachment as a compromise as this camera is too new. It will be at least 6 mths before we see a dedicated lens for this from Inon as the housing front port is Rectangular!!! Not round!!