Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Thanks Bro Solo & Snowman.

Had to take a pic of this prata tonight. It's as big as my hand, and that's just the center, can't see the skirt. :blink::ooh:

Ur pratas so fluffy and fleshy.... Missed my pratas :cry: Now no courage to keep pratas and cynas :fear: Ur zoas again are inspiration to many reefers here to own :bow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Thanks Bro newmarine & Bro FT.

Not all the zoas are doing well at the moment. <_< Only post those that are opening. :paiseh:

Just lost a pink one and a blue one. Don't know wat's wrong, they just closed up and turned to mush eventually. But others seems unaffected. :pinch:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
Thanks Bro newmarine & Bro FT.

Not all the zoas are doing well at the moment. <_< Only post those that are opening. :paiseh:

Just lost a pink one and a blue one. Don't know wat's wrong, they just closed up and turned to mush eventually. But others seems unaffected. :pinch:

Oh no. Take hearts and condolences for the loss. :ph34r: I, too have lost zoas and corals. They jus decided to give up on me when they are actually healthy and opening up nicely. well, move on and reef on Sis. Looking forward to see many great pics from u :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

I'm experiencing the same thing... I tried the dip with DI water and Lugol's solution for 2 zoas, and they are recovering slowly. Maybe you'd like to give it a try? My mistake (more like laziness) is that I did not set the pH for the dip right. I bought some pH buffer now, and will continue to dip the affected zoas. Will post its progress.

Do keep us posted. Zoas seem to be popular with Sis Ming's show tank. hehe. hopefully shops bring in more nice zoas but at affordable price. Then everyone buy and share to own MNZG Multi National Zoas Garden. Lol.

I'm experiencing the same thing... I tried the dip with DI water and Lugol's solution for 2 zoas, and they are recovering slowly. Maybe you'd like to give it a try? My mistake (more like laziness) is that I did not set the pH for the dip right. I bought some pH buffer now, and will continue to dip the affected zoas. Will post its progress.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Nursery Tank. : )

Amazing growth rate! :bow:

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Btw, some updates on the Lugol's dip: my pink zoas have stopped receding and have opened up fully for the whole week. You might wanna give it a try. ^_^

Bro, how often do you dip them and how much lugol u use? Will try it out on the ones that are not happy. <_<

:thanks::thanks:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

I went to RC to search for a solution and came across this thread. To save you time to go through all the details, he has revised his formula to 7 - 8 drops of Lugol's solution per gallon of RO water. I followed his method with some deviation:

I used bottled distilled water for the dip.

4 drops of Lugol's solution

I used a small container, so I wasn't sure how much DI water there is. It was purely an estimate.

I did not use Salifert's Flatworm exit. (Didn't buy it at the time of the dip)

I did not buffer the pH of the dip (lazy lah... :P )

I did not set my lights to actinic only.

I dipped the zoas only once.

The rest were pretty much the same. The 2 zoas were closed for a day, and started to open up slowly. Those polyps that were half gone continued to melt. The rest of the polyps that were slightly apart from those badly affected area did better and started to open up fully. I'd say its a success for me in spite of the "discounted" method. :D

Bro Fishtalk gave a tip: just make sure that the polyps are closed before the dip. That way, they will not absorb the dip. Let us know of your progress! Cheers! ^_^

• SRC Member
Very nice zoas...any frag to sell ?? hehe :)

any secret in keeping them ? do they require a lot of light to grow ?

what do u dose in particular to keep them growing ?

thanks. :)

I find the zoas grow fast on the side of the tank where they get the sunlight and flow. As for the stuff I dose, mainly trace elements, no particular brands, just try the different ones.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement. The blue is still holding. The pink milli, seems to have darken. <_<

Hey Ming, from the pic, it seems like the polyps are not very much extended. Is this always the case?

Millies need better flow, try to adjust ur wavemakers slightly and see if the polyps will extend more and "wave" around more. Be careful, do not blow any wavemakers directly at the sps.

Colours darken slightly... but still looks good! At least it didn't brown out after so long! It'll do great if u give it a tat more flow. :eyebrow: