Missing Fishes

ozy

• SRC Member

Hi folks,

I have the case of the mysteriouly disappearing fishes...

I have put in 4 fishes (2 small blue tangs and 2 small scooter blenny) into the tank at my office over last weekend. However, when I came back last monday, the blue tangs were gone. And along the week, one scooter blenny disappeared, and today the other one is gone too. I could not find any dead bodies of the fishes so far (none of my colleagues can find them either). I rescaped the tank this weekend and there was no body either. I am wondering if there are anything that could have eaten them.

My office tank is a 2 feet nano setup. It currently has 1 false percula, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 fire fish, 1 purple goby and 1 yellow goby. All small ones and have been with the tank for a few months. The LPS includes 1 jewel, 1 alv. (pardon me as I don't know the spelling), 1 pipe organ, 1 octo, 2 coco worms, 1 flame scallop, 1 plate, some mushies and 2 tube worms. All are small size ones (I know it is kind of crowded, but the corals are opening brillantly for the past few months)

Who could be the culprit? I don't think the fishes died of sickness as they were feeding well. I have moved the only anemone back home as it was stinging all the corals, so I guess the anemone did not do it.

• SRC Member

:D Mmmmmmm....

I did consider that possibility as a few of my colleagues have marine tanks at home too (we are all small players only), I chuck it aside when I remembered the trouble I had when I have to remove the first inhabitants of the tank : 2 ultra agressive yellow top damsels (not sure what their proper names were) . We did all sorts of things like chasing it with nets and setting traps, in the end, i got fed up and just dismantle the whole LR setup to catch them.

:lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I did not know it could be that fast! :shock:

Previously, I was always able to retrieve the casualties for a proper burial... That is why I am so puzzled by the sudden disappearance of my apparently healthy fishes. I don't have much hope of finding them alive :cry: . But i have to get to the bottom of their death.

THEY SHOULD NOT DIE IN VAIN...

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::wacko:

• SRC Member
I did not know it could be that fast! :shock:

Previously, I was always able to retrieve the casualties for a proper burial... That is why I am so puzzled by the sudden disappearance of my apparently healthy fishes. I don't have much hope of finding them alive :cry: . But i have to get to the bottom of their death.

THEY SHOULD NOT DIE IN VAIN...

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

once suggested to a fellow hobbyist to paste a small sticker on the marine tank to commemerate the death of each fish and write its name and death date on the sticker itself... kekekekekeke..... waddya think?

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

hee hee, if I were to do that, probably have no more space to actually see the tank...

Did I see anyone bat an eye?

Forgive me for I am a sinner... My hands are covered with the death of many fishes...

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

• SRC Member
hee hee, if I were to do that, probably have no more space to actually see the tank...

Did I see anyone bat an eye?

Forgive me for I am a sinner... My hands are covered with the death of many fishes...

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:rolleyes: if it's not entirely your fault that the fish die den you be the de judge and hold a hearing in your tank...

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

Maybe u should consider the amount of bioload inside yr 2ft tank when come to future purchase of LIVESTOCK

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol:

once suggested to a fellow hobbyist to paste a small sticker on the marine tank to commemerate the death of each fish and write its name and death date on the sticker itself... kekekekekeke..... waddya think?

I have been keeping a book of all my dead fishes. Date added and date departed.

My very first dead fish was a bicolour benny. Was swimming fine one moment and left bone 2 hours later.

• SRC Member
I have been keeping a book of all my dead fishes. Date added and date departed.

My very first dead fish was a bicolour benny. Was swimming fine one moment and left bone 2 hours later.

Keep a book on ls, hmm... sounds like a good idea. Maybe I should start a database on it. :lol:

• SRC Member

Keep a book on ls, hmm... sounds like a good idea. Maybe I should start a database on it. :lol:

:lol: rem to include the specs of your fish as welll.... heheheheheh