30-31 degree celsius can keep LPS & softies?

Earth

Has anyone succeeded in keeping LPS & Softies in waters between 30-31 degree celsius?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone succeeded in keeping LPS & Softies in waters between 30-31 degree celsius?

• Yes, no problem at all!
    • No, don't waste money!

• SRC Member

i tried before in my old tank, no problem at all. However, it is difficult to improve the colours of the coral..

i am using the fan and the temperature will still maintain at 29-31..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

You can go on..But its taking chances...I tried it last time..But slowly

if you lack nutrients in the water the softy will start to bleach..(experience)

Make your water parameter near to perfect and good..Change water regularly if no sump..And try not to shift your corals too much

My 2 cents

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
You can go on..But its taking chances...I tried it last time..But slowly

if you lack nutrients in the water the softy will start to bleach..(experience)

Make your water parameter near to perfect and good..Change water regularly if no sump..And try not to shift your corals too much

My 2 cents

this was my experience too. Depends on what corals, some still can survive and some unable. Some can shift once in a blue moon and some cant.

Don't keep LPS, it won't survive in that temperature. Softies should not be a problem, but make sure temperature not higher than 30. Sealife keeping softies without chiller, and they maintain it quite well, but their shop is air conditioned, this could help in the tank overall tempearture.

• SRC Member

A chiller is a one time good investment when you are starting(provided that you take care of it well and follow rules...Maybe can look for some good offers...

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
i tried before in my old tank, no problem at all. However, it is difficult to improve the colours of the coral..

water parameters is very important. ensure sufficient trace elements...low phosphate n nitrates...adequate calcium and magnsium...

lightings T5s is the max u shld go..another above that it is impossible...another thing is i am using a overflow system, i believe water flow will help in decreasing the water temp by abit.

for me, i can maintain the colours but i cannot improve the colours without a chiller.. ;)

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

LPS is confirmed not to survive at this high temperature. No need to try, before you want to get something, survey first la.

I do agree with Alvin's statement too. I have experience with softies with this temp and they do thrive but the colors are lousy. Noticed after installed a chiller, the colours will change.

Why not getting a chiller? A second hand chiller is cheap here from reefers.

i've tried using fan cooling to about 29deg... softies wun die but wun thrive. My hammers and favias were ok, but torch, bubbles and jewel melt after awhile. Now chiller keeping temp around 26. my 2 hammers have both grown new heads and my melting bubble starting to grow back.

• SRC Member
i've tried using fan cooling to about 29deg... softies wun die but wun thrive. My hammers and favias were ok, but torch, bubbles and jewel melt after awhile. Now chiller keeping temp around 26. my 2 hammers have both grown new heads and my melting bubble starting to grow back.

get a bigger fan, can cool down more and evaporate also more. LOL. Better use a cheap and good fan like your room's fan. Only $30-$40. Have stand some more.

• SRC Member

get a bigger fan, can cool down more and evaporate also more. LOL. Better use a cheap and good fan like your room's fan. Only $30-$40. Have stand some more.

wall mounted the best....lesser chance of corrosion... :lol:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member

Hi Alvin

The old tank that u mentioned was it the 2 footer in the nano section?

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

not advisable. at such high temperature, most corals will start to reject their own zooanthelae and soon leads to bleaching. its a matter of time they starts to die off.

so its a no no!

think about it, will u be happy if u know they are somehow or rather suffering from the high temperature although it might still look relatively nice. for me no. :(

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Wah 29 then melt.My bubbles seems nothing wrong.But more thatn 30 will melt.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

My FOWLR tank has some brown mushroom which thrives well in a tank 30-31 degrees. The zoos from another reefer is also ok and now added more PL lights to try to brighten them up.

My opinion 30-31 degrees only some soft corals/LPS may thrives some will definitely not so it you can test slowly so as not to be disappointed.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

i try b4. end up all melt ....hehe

why not getting a 2nd hand chiller like resun ?

just my 2 cents

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
LPS is a ABSOLUTE NO... They will not survive for long term... have tried it... they at least require 28 degree... Softies is not a problem.. but like what the other say, the colors will not be as nice...

Softies like leather, mushrooms and polyps can tahan 30-31 degrees during day time coz in the wild they thrive in shallow waters.

I also have some mushies and polyps, so far they are doing well.

LPS sure die...i wouldn't take the risk by purchasing them even if they are very attractive.

l7304smr.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

This is like trying to duplicate the effects of global warming on coral reefs.... ;)

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)