My simple and humble tank

Digiman

• SRC Supporter

Are the clowns wide band clown fishes from Hawaii?

If I did not get my facts incorrect, the pair of latz that digiman has are captived raised specimens by Karen Brittain in Hawaii.

Wild ones are endemic only to Australia.

Nice fishes n tank bro... Will always be an inspiration to me...

Nice tank and video digiman!

Love your latz clowns!

Cheers!

Thank u.

Actually the tank not nice, but the fishes are v rare and it takes a lot of time and rare opportunities to collect.

Most of them are v dear to me and i wish i can keep them for v long, but there are a few that i may remove if i can obtain the rarer substitutes.

Are the clowns wide band clown fishes from Hawaii?

In a way yes. They came from a hawaii shipment through CF. But they are CB clowns and raised in hawaii, though naturally they are endemic to australia.

very nice & peaceful setup bro

now i know why you have to give up the rusty flame

it chase my yellow wrasse out of tank, twice

its lucky to survive, twice

I like peaceful fishes. The rusty flame is v nice but is too aggressive. Now u know my headache when i had the fish.

Rusty flame u mean and not rusty.

My particular piece of rusty flame is super aggressive, guess maybe it has a lot of rusty blood tat's why.

The one u got from me contains more flame blood and i think it may be less aggressive.

however all these are just conjectures, which most likely is not true as afterall it depends on individual fishes.

• SRC Member

Ya rustyflame. I got urs which is flame rusty flame n 2 more which is rusty rusty flame. All 3 hav neva chase my golden angel or other fishes. But they do chase each other(rustyflame). More like play catching... Lol

However i like ur rare singapore angel... If spotted again, do call me ya... 

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

This is an extremely rare cusk eel.

Not much captivity info available on the net.

Still waiting for its burnt tail to heal.

when it grow older it will lose its colourful colours

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

when it grow older it will lose its colourful colours

This sirembo is already in its adult coloration and will not change color anymore.

Max size for S.Jerdoni is 5" and this sirembo is near 3.5", which is already a grown adult.

In captivity it'll likely not grow any much further.

Sirembo seems to be a pgymy cusk eel genus, maxing out at 6 to 7" for the biggest species.

From pics on the net, there is no notable color difference between a juvenile and a full grown sirembo.

Nice... Cool fish... Gd catch bro... 

It's by far the rarest oddball encountered here, and expensive.

Two weeks later when the discoverer of this fish returns from his re-service i may sell the fish to him if he is still interested.

Meanwhile i'll feed the fish and pump its weight up and heal its tail to perfection!

Nice find. I like the cappuccino colours...

Cappucino, tat's a nice description. The brown bands are the trademarks of the fish suggested by its common name, the brown banded cusk eel.

nice looking eel... is it predatory though?

Not at all.

Cusk eels are benthic bottom feeders. They prefer dead food, and in chunk forms.

It's by far the rarest oddball encountered here, and expensive.

Two weeks later when the discoverer of this fish returns from his re-service i may sell the fish to him if he is still interested.

Meanwhile i'll feed the fish and pump its weight up and heal its tail to perfection!

:fear: :fear: :fear:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp