What is a better buy (marine salt)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me using CL for the past 2 yrs.... no major problem except the white sendiment in the bottom of the pail after leaving the SW mix overnight. using PH to mix it still the same...

may i check with the CL user what could caused this? i pour 1/2 pail of water, then slowly add in the salt, mix it using PH, and wait for 1/2 an hour, then measure the salidity again, if too diluted, add salt in, if too concentrated, add water....... can anyone tell me whether there is anything wrong with my SW preparation work?

Nothing wrong. I do that too! :)

Coralife works for me. Cheap and good.

Remember, always add salt to water and not water to salt, unless you want to see calcium precipitation. The snow storm will take a much much longer time than a day to settle... sometimes not at all!

Old or wet salt does this so keep your salt in air-tight containers! This will prevent them from hardening into salt rocks and a pain to dissolve.

• SRC Member
The only thing that worries me is the extremely high levels of lithium in Coralife salt (which could be a factor in heavy metal buildups in old tanks).

Drop in a few manganese pellets to adsorb the lithium ions then sell it to the Japanese. They need all the lithium they can get to make batteries.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

i brouhgt CL to try out~~~

to me is still salt~~ eventually they will be absorb by corals and so on

even you buy the best salt.. but use lousy equipment and

lazy to change water.. dun add trace and so on

is still useless

i wonder cna i mix them together with tropic marine as i still have

a bit left :erm: