1 x Clownfish

2 x Flame Goby

1 x Diagonal Bar Goby

2 x Cleaner Shrimp

2 x Tube worms

Some corals that didn't make it:

Pumping Xenia

Rhodatics

I'm just praying hard that my zoas will be fine. They were half opened after they got transferred. The remaining clownfish seems so lonely now, since its mate just died... :cry:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I took the chance and gave my tank a thorough wash. This is the result after the back-aching scrub. I started filling it with bottled distilled water and prepared the salt mix. Had to keep my live rocks out till tmr. I soaked some wipes with saltwater and placed them over the rocks to keep them moist. Hope they last and not give out a bad smell...

post-13914-1216657598.jpg

post-13914-1216657719.jpg

Bro, sad to hear but glad you have the never say die attitude. It is a blessing that there is no fire. Hope all your corals and livestock will do well and better. It is a lesson to all to protect their power sockets from water. All the best. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

oh my.. nv say die, try again bro. Talking abt shortcircuit, yesterday i rode my bike half way smoke comes out from my battery compartment. Also shortcircuit, maybe due to the rain. Had a gd scare. Anyway, wish u all the best!

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member

aiyorh...my condolences. just when i was about to say "nice tank", some tragedy befalls it.

nice tank anyway. :)

lucky u have backup tank. :) and lucky u never buy those expensive fishes...like mystery wrasse..blah blah blah..

haha.

all the best then.

Bro peacemaker, I'm sure your tank will be back even nicer! I myself face quite afew mishap in my tank too in the past. Is sad but it will be sadder to give up tis hobby! :rolleyes: And I am sure the zoas will survive as they are hardy corals.

Cheer up bro :)

• SRC Member

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words! ^_^

Experience is the best teacher... compared to many others, mine is considered a minor setback. Its a valuable lesson though.

The rock with my red mushrooms had some sponge like stuff on it, and it didn't do very well. I tried to get rid of it, but it was difficult to completely remove the dying pieces. In the end, I had to sacrifice the mushies by throwing the whole rock away. :( I picked some pieces that came loose, hoping that they will attach themselves on other rocks.

BRO, place the mushroom on a piece of rock, have light shine on it and with mild or no flow, it will slowly stick to the rock. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

New scaping. This provides better stability compared to the previous rock scape. I just hope that the beneficial bacteria stay alive.

Nuisance crabs have an amazing survival ability. I found 2 still hiding amongst my rocks when they were out of the water for the whole day. Although they do not need water to be alive, the conditions were pretty messed up (dead stuff and water started to smell) before I removed the rocks from the tank.

post-13914-1216740583.jpg

• SRC Member

I changed the entire sand bed, and this time about 1 to 2 cm thickness. The previous thickness (approx. 1 to 2 inches) had turned a bit greyish at the bottom. I transferred all the corals and the remaining clownfish back to the main tank.

Its been a very tiring 2 nights (yes, even for a 1.5 Ft nano), but I'm glad everything is back in control. I switched on the actinics for half an hour, and my corals responded well and started to open a bit. Looking forward to a full and quick recovery. -_-

• SRC Member
BRO, place the mushroom on a piece of rock, have light shine on it and with mild or no flow, it will slowly stick to the rock. All the best.

Yeah, I did place them in a low flow area. Hope they attach soon. Keeping my fingers crossed! :pinch:

• SRC Member

Bro, condolences to ur casualty. :cry: Well, at least some still survived the ordeal , jus like the beautiful zoas.... Dun loose hope and reef on :look:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

FTS. Lots of bare spots... time to go shopping! :eyebrow:

I'm going to go nice and slow... afraid that the disaster might have reset the ANN cycle. Will be performing tests very soon.

As the old saying goes, "the old don't go, the new don't come". My condolence to the casualties. Hope you'll get over it and populate it with more brilliant LS.

Hi bro, sorry to hear abt your loss. but I'm sure with the second chance to build the tank, you'll do it better.

My power sockets are also right behind my tank. I think I better them shift further away to avoid similar incident in the office.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

• SRC Member

Yeah... better shift it far away from the tank as possible. It is aesthetically more pleasing when I thought I could hide the unsightly wiring behind the tank. Alas...

I find that my filter wool gets choked very easily, which increases the risk of water flooding out of the tank. Well, in a way it is doing a good job at mechanical filtration, but if I have to change every 2 - 3 days it makes it really tough to go on block leave. Not forgetting reservist training as well... I give the wool a good rinse now instead of changing to fresh sheets. Saves cost.

• SRC Member

I bought a pair of clowns from Bro Fuel... unfortunately, the male didn't make it. :cry: Here's the female, a fine looker. Very curious and actively swimming around when I released it into the tank. My common clown was already hooking up with her... :eyebrow: I wonder if they would pair up. :whistle

post-13914-1217679540.jpg

• SRC Member

Bought a pair of cleaner shrimp. I'm still not sure about the difference between the brownish tint and the fair, white types. These guys are really small and cute, just like the pair I had before when I first bought them. :paiseh:

post-13914-1217679786.jpg

post-13914-1217679807.jpg