Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I love all 3 tanks... its wonderful to have your family reefing together with you. Very nice sunnies and SPSs. :wub:

thanks bro.. yes it is much better having the family involved and supportive of the same hobby.. makes life VERY much easier..

now 1 last hurdle.. my MOM.. still hasn't converted to salt yet.. tough one.. :lol:

looks like nids some trimming real soonz...(FRAGS>>>)

hehe bro amby, my dad purposely like the whole zoa mountain there, wouldn't even let me frag it lor.. he want swee swee ready for CNY.. haha..

maybe after CNY, den he will take out let me frag.. :)

dad's new zoa acquisitions.. :)

a whole mountain of it..

post-9599-1231851147.jpg

loving the turquoise blue zoas.. :)

post-9599-1231851201.jpg

swee! luv the zoas...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
lolx....

ur papa reali is gd lehz..

ur hse nw gt hw many fishtank huh ?

haah 3 lor.. my tank, my dad's, and a seahorse tank.. :)

swee! luv the zoas...

thanks bro, will do some fragging for sharing once CNY is over.. :)

i see my T5 is useful! hahha

nice tanks!

hey bro, ya ur t5 currently over my seahorse tank.. doing good.. :)

• SRC Member
thanks bro.. yes it is much better having the family involved and supportive of the same hobby.. makes life VERY much easier..

now 1 last hurdle.. my MOM.. still hasn't converted to salt yet.. tough one.. :lol:

Hahaha... I think the only salt she'll be touching are those used for cooking... heh.

My mom is the number one dis-courager of fish keeping (even fresh water!)... that's why I keep my tank in the office. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Hahaha... I think the only salt she'll be touching are those used for cooking... heh.

My mom is the number one dis-courager of fish keeping (even fresh water!)... that's why I keep my tank in the office. :eyebrow:

hehe absolutely agree with u.. but i told my mum that if dun allow my dad to keep fishtank at home, he will keep in office, and den will be always away from home.. den she agreed to let my dad keep marine at home haha.. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

random shot of the RBTA in my sister's tank.. the clowns refuse to host it.. instead, they hosted a prata..

post-9599-1233499551.jpg

• SRC Member
Nice! How's the yellow skirt, yellow ring doing?

ya bro.. half of it is here, i fragged it in 2.. still trying hard for it to colour up.. at least now mostly open.. :)

post-9599-1233499695.jpg

• Senior Reefer

cheap indo zoos look so spectacularly blue! how do u manage to keep ur suns open in the day!! mine simply refuses. even if it does, only for a short while without 100% polyp extension =( am currently training it haha

• SRC Member
cheap indo zoos look so spectacularly blue! how do u manage to keep ur suns open in the day!! mine simply refuses. even if it does, only for a short while without 100% polyp extension =( am currently training it haha

yes, sometimes can find gems among cheap stuff as well.. just hoping to retain its colours in the long run.. :)

whenever i feed my fishes the suns will open.. and i have a little trick as well, i placed a wavemaker directly near the suns, so it stimulates the suns to open up more.. (if u see closely enough at the picture, the hydor nano is at the top left corner..)

• Senior Reefer

my sun is situated near the return pipe. so water is always flowing at it...but somehow, only open when the lighting is dim or when it senses food. when none of this is present, it sleeps -.-

• SRC Member

I dun keep suns for that reason coz need to target feed. Try target feed them with chopped shrimp, put inside a syringe and feed it direct to the mouth.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
If I ever keep suns, I don't mind dedicating a hydor nano to them. ^_^

maybe something to think abt when u upgrade.. :eyebrow:

my sun is situated near the return pipe. so water is always flowing at it...but somehow, only open when the lighting is dim or when it senses food. when none of this is present, it sleeps -.-

its pretty common for the suns to close up when theres no food smell.. i use frozen cyclopeeze to get instant results.. the suns open up in less than 5mins..

I dun keep suns for that reason coz need to target feed. Try target feed them with chopped shrimp, put inside a syringe and feed it direct to the mouth.

agreed.. its alot of work.. i target feed all my suns at least twice a week.. with mixture of seafood and cyclopeeze.. :)