Any more convenient place to get MH stuff?

ervine

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter
Lastly we have the tempered glass... although SE bulbs are UV filtered, I think the glass is good to allow for spash protection...

The reflector is very shiny aluminium protected by a plastic covering...

Ervine,

Hows the reflectors???

Are they parabolic in nature....

I'm thinking of modifying the above mentioned fixture to hold DE bulbs.... and if the reflectors are not parabolic, might also be DIYing them......

Only thing is to get the RX7s which I'm currently experiencing difficulty with......

:(

• SRC Member
Their bulb prices are reasonable and not excessively priced by making a decent profit but not excessive profit. I know the factory pricing for bulbs as I have enquired directly with a German distributor for lighting before. At that time Singapore (1 year ago) was not ready for bringing in large quantity of MH bulbs as market was too small then unlike now.

Viclite is a wholesaler for industrial lighting, so i think pricing wise, they are very very competitive.

QUOTE (CalciumReef @ Dec 2 2003, 11:28 AM)

Its a red suzuki,...kekekeke 

after all the sales, now he driving a brand new toyota corolla.....  J/K..

Well, i really WISH and HOPE and PRAY that by doing this service will make me "Very RICH" But then ....... Dream On.... :D:lol::lol:

• SRC Member

ervine..tt's a nice and simple fixture...how BIG is this entire thingy??LXBXH??

also how is the spread of light like??i'm contemplating in fitting in a Spider reflector into the lamp if it is big enough..anyway the fixture is really cheap!

• SRC Member

looks dangerous, the way you sit it..the supporting ledge is only a few cm for both sides!! A slight budge from you during tank maintenance will fry the fixture and the tank inhabitants!! i do suggest you install some form of proper hanging/supporting device to prevent accidental "lamp dip"....

lookin at it, if u see the height of the MH.

it won't drop onto the water.

drop side way, maybe. but that's a 0.01% chance.

murphy law?? hiakhiak..

u can get your fetish for clams now ah..?

can PM me more detail on pricing n stuffs..

maybe my fren wants. :)

• SRC Member

You mean the euro bracing? I am using the same housing with the 250watt. my bracing is directly under thr light. The light is hung bout 6inches from the water, the galss only get slightly warm. Shouldnt be a problem just dont put the light too close lor.

• SRC Member
Lastly we have the tempered glass... although SE bulbs are UV filtered, I think the glass is good to allow for spash protection...

The reflector is very shiny aluminium protected by a plastic covering...

ervine,

The MH set you bought is for 250W SE?

is it effectively 125W? How is this compared to 250W DE? :blink:

Is the ballast hot after on for a few hours?

Will you be replacing it with a eballast? :P

:thanks:

• SRC Member

ervine,

The MH set you bought is for 250W SE?

is it effectively 125W? How is this compared to 250W DE? :blink:

Is the ballast hot after on for a few hours?

Will you be replacing it with a eballast? :P

:thanks:

250W single ended does not mean that you divide the effective wattage by half... it just means it's attached on differently, that means it's still 250W...

I have not run the fixture yet as I'm still waiting for Edmund's bulb to get in (stares at Edmund)... so can't help you there...

I will NOT be replacing it with an e-ballast, but I will be isolating the control gear.. check out my "case mod" posting soon!...