Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

omg :(:cry:

my male rhomboid didn't come out today the whole day. i saw it hiding this morning and yesterday it was per normal. last night however, saw it squaring off with my pylei. both have fins extended, flashing intensively and circling each other like sharks. i turned off the lights to prevent them from fighting and both went to sleep.

here's the thing. most of the large wrasses in my tank are alpha already, and the most alpha of them all is the rhomboid. had it around 6-7 months. super stable.

every evening there will be a flash off between the rhomboid vs pylei, and laboutei vs rosyscale. all are 4 inch with the exception of the rosy being 3.5 inch.

this morning i found my solar wrasse dead, with broken fins and tail. (i wanted to remove it to sell...) suspect the wrasses have been squaring off too intensly and the solar was a casualty of the event..

hoping my rhomboid is hiding somewhere safely and will emerge again tomorrow :( have temporarily trapped the pylei as of now.

• Senior Reefer

thanks guys for the nice words. It took me almost or more than half a year to get this rhomboid to the giant it is now, and it's colour is very beautiful. i dare say it is the largest living rhomboid in singapore. over 4 inch. and super fat.

it's not the money, but more of a sentimental value T_T

thanks guys for the nice words. It took me almost or more than half a year to get this rhomboid to the giant it is now, and it's colour is very beautiful. i dare say it is the largest living rhomboid in singapore. over 4 inch. and super fat.

it's not the money, but more of a sentimental value T_T

Cheer up bro. I am sure it's just struck with sleepyness since the weather these days are quite cooling.

It should be out in no time (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hope your rhomboid appears tomorrow. good luck bro!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

i remember my lineatus was under stress from my pink margin. it disappeared for a few days. i thought it was gone but it reappear on the 4th day eating food, think it can't stand starvation.

hope urs relatively similar case with mine as well.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

thanks guys. it's really heartening to see comments like this. i hope you understand, that my rhomboid is my pride and joy, and what keeps me happy everyday when i come back from school. it's like a dog, he greets me everyday when i go near the tank. he is handfed, and pecks on my fingers when i put my hand in the water. i got him if im not wrong, october last year from digiman, and i trained him to be an alpha male. he is now more than 4 inches, extremely fat and his colours are awesome if i do say so myself. but i dont have a good camera to capture it so i post pictures here that do it no justice.

my family has grown to love it as much as i have since i make a big fuss about it everyday. i make sure it's ok when i'm not at home, and make sure he is fed at least two times a day. i know it's not good to be so attached to a fish since they die so easily. but then again, there's no point in reefing if you don't treasure your livestock like this.

he has spawned for me before, first in the world i believe. there is no information on this online. has flashed for me every single evening. responded well to my offerings of female rhomboids.

it's really awesome to see it flash and flare. and patrolling the tank like a shark. he's a gentle giant. never instigate any fights. always peaceful. has scared me before many times with near death experiences, but always pulls through. never let me down when i was overseas for 1 week, then 3 weeks. my rhomboid i hope you're fine and don't die on me!

touch wood but if it's fated then there's nothing i can do too. no other can replace it, it's really remarkable. fishes are smarter than what we humans perceive them to be, yet they get so little recognition and we fail to make them happy, beyond what we percieve their happiness to be. Fish psychology is much deeper than a clean tank. it's also their environment. and if we fail in this, then we fail in reefing. afterall, it's all about the wellness of our livestock. Not only what they appear to be. it's more than just the surface.

post-15755-12716963258423_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

thanks guys. it's really heartening to see comments like this. i hope you understand, that my rhomboid is my pride and joy, and what keeps me happy everyday when i come back from school. it's like a dog, he greets me everyday when i go near the tank. he is handfed, and pecks on my fingers when i put my hand in the water. i got him if im not wrong, october last year from digiman, and i trained him to be an alpha male. he is now more than 4 inches, extremely fat and his colours are awesome if i do say so myself. but i dont have a good camera to capture it so i post pictures here that do it no justice.

my family has grown to love it as much as i have since i make a big fuss about it everyday. i make sure it's ok when i'm not at home, and make sure he is fed at least two times a day. i know it's not good to be so attached to a fish since they die so easily. but then again, there's no point in reefing if you don't treasure your livestock like this.

he has spawned for me before, first in the world i believe. there is no information on this online. has flashed for me every single evening. responded well to my offerings of female rhomboids.

it's really awesome to see it flash and flare. and patrolling the tank like a shark. he's a gentle giant. never instigate any fights. always peaceful. has scared me before many times with near death experiences, but always pulls through. never let me down when i was overseas for 1 week, then 3 weeks. my rhomboid i hope you're fine and don't die on me!

touch wood but if it's fated then there's nothing i can do too. no other can replace it, it's really remarkable. fishes are smarter than what we humans perceive them to be, yet they get so little recognition and we fail to make them happy, beyond what we percieve their happiness to be. Fish psychology is much deeper than a clean tank. it's also their environment. and if we fail in this, then we fail in reefing. afterall, it's all about the wellness of our livestock. Not only what they appear to be. it's more than just the surface.

i understand what you mean on that.

and wah, i didnt know it grown up that huge already and colored up.

really hope its just wanting to take a break on swimming.

hope it appear again soon.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

sad to say, my rhomboid didnt make it :( good bye old friend. i'll miss you

still don't know why it died... could it be the fight? not sure. no healthy fish just dies for no reason anyway..

sad to say, my rhomboid didnt make it :( good bye old friend. i'll miss you

still don't know why it died... could it be the fight? not sure. no healthy fish just dies for no reason anyway..

kinda of sad to hear this

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• Senior Reefer

sorry to hear that bro ... did you still see it again just before it died ?

yes it was super healthy and normal just before it died. i'm sad because i lost a fish that has been with me for so long and i think it has grown so much. and very responsive too. anyways, no use crying over spilt milk.

• SRC Member

my condolences lemon... :( I feel for you as I know how it feels... I realise I even talk to my fish.. especially the long surviving pain in the butt Tomato clown which although terrorises the alpha male wrasses I have, I have heart for it ... shocked.gif

You'd pull through .. reef onz.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

yes it was super healthy and normal just before it died. i'm sad because i lost a fish that has been with me for so long and i think it has grown so much. and very responsive too. anyways, no use crying over spilt milk.

Sad to hear your loss of the rhomboid. On a brighter side rhomboids are easily replaceable and perhaps u should sell away all your fairy wrasses and focus on jux a fewer species. Fairy wrasses need a peaceful tank. Maybe your tank is too small and with so many fairies in a small tank it became too crowded and too much competition and stress which lead to the demise of a few alpha fairies when they start fighting over territories. But hard to say also cos fairies often die of no reason or the slightest reason. Last time my scotts fairy wrasse also mysteriously died after i did a minor change to the rockscape. It really sucks to lose a fish, esp one that u like and love so much. I've had too many of these experiences, too many for me to recount.

How's the declivis whitespots? Butterflies are ick magnet also.

• Senior Reefer

Sad to hear your loss of the rhomboid. On a brighter side rhomboids are easily replaceable and perhaps u should sell away all your fairy wrasses and focus on jux a fewer species. Fairy wrasses need a peaceful tank. Maybe your tank is too small and with so many fairies in a small tank it became too crowded and too much competition and stress which lead to the demise of a few alpha fairies when they start fighting over territories. But hard to say also cos fairies often die of no reason or the slightest reason. Last time my scotts fairy wrasse also mysteriously died after i did a minor change to the rockscape. It really sucks to lose a fish, esp one that u like and love so much. I've had too many of these experiences, too many for me to recount.

How's the declivis whitespots? Butterflies are ick magnet also.

thanks. yes i'm selling away some of my fairies except the laboutei and my female rhomboids and the small naokoe. rosyscale, pylei etc has to go. as much as i hate to do so. :(

the rhomboid really, is my pride and joy. it never fails to impress visitors and it's always the center of attention. so sad to lose a fish that was once yours and now mine, and i think it's clear how much i loved it by my posts.

the declivis is fine now. the ich is almost gone, has not resurfaced for almost a week now. like the rest of my fishes, they don't show spots at all. the declivis is still feeding strong.

lemon, sorry to hear of your loss. cheer up.

your big day coming soon :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

sorry to hear that kai :(

try not to do too much rock shifting next time.

take care, dun be too upset.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

we will make you drunk lemon so u can forget about ur sadness :) u r legal to drink already right?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...