Weekly Update 16-22 Feb

• SRC Member
I thought fire shrimp is pretty common. I kept 1 before. It jsut hide in the rocks all the time. End up my wife scold me for buying something that hides and cannot be seen. :eyeblur:

Mine too. Bought 2 happily but in the end, both hide among the liverock and the only time i see them is during feeding. Sian...bros thinking of buying fire shrimp may can want to reconsider unless you dun have much liverock for them to hide...

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
Mine too. Bought 2 happily but in the end, both hide among the liverock and the only time i see them is during feeding. Sian...bros thinking of buying fire shrimp may can want to reconsider unless you dun have much liverock for them to hide...

mine i have to feed them manually -.- feeding time they dun even come out zz. only eat those float inside the rock. but mine do come out. doesnt hide all the time

ya...no more at reborn...was there also...missed it yesterday....haaha...fated....

digiman, were you there asking how much the so called black tang is....lol. Think reborn got one mata tang. Sealife went yesterday...nothing special except the gold flake angel...small size....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

wow...ming69...you back huh.....so got anything from....hehe

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

lotsa of prata at iwarna

highlight of e prata some goldie centre prata

but i dun tink still hv...

got gonio branch type

hammer

bubble coral

yellow gonio (u knw what i mean)

sps duno hw to tell.. got some nice monti..nt superman

cloves

GSP

clams

jap sun coral

got mini size pratas ard 1.5 inch

nv c any cyna..

ah beng clam..z..

jap sun coral

i-aqua nth much

pacific reef can u believe almost all e export tank no fishes

i tink 1 saw 1 jap sun corals,n common prata.s.s..

waaa u pple r terrible post only sold out liaoz my full moon goby..at reborn... -____-!!!

must go low profile liaoz... :pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate: price at 1 blue note.. 2 yrs diff only price X 2

ya....it is always demand and supply. Anyway, fire shrimp at reborn rather small. But to me...think it is better than peppermint. Vowed not to get any peppermint leh. Haven see it work for my aiptisia already a food source for my fishes....sighz. Lol.

Algae Scrubbler

• Senior Reefer

lol amby just now i driving in with my mom to iwarna, saw u cycling out. the wind blow in ur face like so shiok ah lolz i buy 2 clove from iwarna. bring home end up food for my MI ZZZZZZ. it keep pecking it argh! sian. candycane not enuf ah.

btw the yellow gonio...isit really yellow? or...isit..

• Senior Reefer

haiz iwarna brought in many melon, chevron and mirror butterflyfish....all obligate coralivores...sian. sitll have alot of other common fish. got scooter blenny, mandarin, one bluestripe pipefish, other common fish.

reborn still got alot of fish. chromis, damsel, bla bla bla. alot of very big emperor and majestic angels. blue tang also.

• SRC Supporter
hiz pple...

ytd i went to search high n low for my furan2 to treat zoas pox..

when i finally found 1 at aquastar at yishun it appears to b of a diff brand

e one aquastar is selling is a china brand also call api in long form but e contents of e medications is totally diff

if u buy it pls try at ur own risk..

e API one is $30+ for 10packs in sugar packs nt pill form like e china brand.($8).

e china brand pill form is xtremely toxic!!!

has reading on box says can cause cancer.... -___-!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

e place tht sells api brand at C328 temporary no stock..

will post again if got stock..

anybody can help me check if reborn carrying?

AM is nt carrying neither east side LFS>....

bro ur zoas kenna pox ah? why u so kanchiong finding them.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

ya...no more at reborn...was there also...missed it yesterday....haaha...fated....

digiman, were you there asking how much the so called black tang is....lol. Think reborn got one mata tang. Sealife went yesterday...nothing special except the gold flake angel...small size....

Haha no, its not me. I din go down to reborn or SL today.

haiz iwarna brought in many melon, chevron and mirror butterflyfish....all obligate coralivores...sian. sitll have alot of other common fish. got scooter blenny, mandarin, one bluestripe pipefish, other common fish.

reborn still got alot of fish. chromis, damsel, bla bla bla. alot of very big emperor and majestic angels. blue tang also.

melon, chevron and mirror are always being brought in by all our LFSes. There's no need to be worked up over this as it's understandable to bring in these fishes as there'll be pple willing to try them. I myself hav bought cleaner fish despite knowing that it is almost impossible to maintain long term, but yet i cant resist the beauty and will not giv up without a try. We always believe there will be exceptions. As such becos of pple like me around, doctor fishes are always still being brought in in large quantities. This is part and parcel of the marine hobby.

Anyway is the borbs at reborn big size?

• SRC Member

bro, what are the sizes of the blue-tang and any idea the price?

sealife

hybrid black tang

3 super healthy goldflake, i was tempted even after quoted the price.

barlette

flame

potteri ( finally bought one that eat after i bring back home despite paying 20 dollars more than usual)

lemon peel

mata tang

some cheaper fish like goby

reborn:

majestic

blue face

regal ( i bought 1 that feed that pellats) yeah... now is eating everything in my tank =)

emperor

blue tang

yup i saw some fire shrimps

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10