LFS Update and Shipments - 03 Aug to 09 Aug 09

• SRC Member

:ph34r: Not really Reef-Safe as there is a risk it will nip at sessile invertebrates. <_<

This is one of the easier butterflyfish to keep. Hardy, and know to accept a larger span of prepared foods including pellets. Provide plenty of hiding places as this can be a shy and timid species.

This fish requires large amounts of live rock for grazing. Most butterflyfish are known to nip at sessile invertebrates including coral and tridacnid clams. This species is known to eat aiptasia in the home aquarium.

The diet of the Burgess' Butterflyfish should consist of preparations containing various meaty foods. Finely chopped clams, shrimp, squid, mysis, brine, and krill should all be offered, as well as plenty of algae based products.

Maximum Length: 6 in.

Care Level: Easy

Family: Chaetodontidae

Reef Compatibility: Add with caution

Minimum Aquarium Size: 55 gallons.

Range: Western Pacific: Fiji, Japan, Australia

Diet: Omnivore- Meaty fare, & algae.

Water Conditions: 74-80 F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4

Bro, Sea Life also have 2 x burgess butterfly - rare, deep water planktonic feeder. Considered reef-safe, you may want to try.

post-2609-1249628896_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I'm not a tang lover, so cant see myself drop so much money on a tang. But i'm sure there are many tang lovers out there who've been dreaming on this fish. Further more the price given for the gem tang is considered very reasonable. Love to see somebody here getting this fish though.

gemmatum1.jpg

hmm just on the curious part whose gonna bring it in?

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

Thanks Edwin for the additional info.

Anyway, one of my friend just gotten a pair for his reef tank. Hope he will let us have his 1st hand observation of this fish.

;)

:ph34r: Not really Reef-Safe as there is a risk it will nip at sessile invertebrates. <_<

This is one of the easier butterflyfish to keep. Hardy, and know to accept a larger span of prepared foods including pellets. Provide plenty of hiding places as this can be a shy and timid species.

This fish requires large amounts of live rock for grazing. Most butterflyfish are known to nip at sessile invertebrates including coral and tridacnid clams. This species is known to eat aiptasia in the home aquarium.

The diet of the Burgess' Butterflyfish should consist of preparations containing various meaty foods. Finely chopped clams, shrimp, squid, mysis, brine, and krill should all be offered, as well as plenty of algae based products.

Maximum Length: 6 in.

Care Level: Easy

Family: Chaetodontidae

Reef Compatibility: Add with caution

Minimum Aquarium Size: 55 gallons.

Range: Western Pacific: Fiji, Japan, Australia

Diet: Omnivore- Meaty fare, & algae.

Water Conditions: 74-80 F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

If it is A. Leucoparieus.. I must go and see liao.. How big is it? You know the price?

Its was already reserved when I got there :rolleyes: Yeah more or less confirm its A. Leucoparieus as the body shape, colouration and spot do not fit that of mustard tang :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Anyway, one of my friend just gotten a pair for his reef tank. Hope he will let us have his 1st hand observation of this fish.

;)

hahhaa the butterfly or the gem tang?? :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer
Hehehe, CF also got 1, slightly larger and cheaper too, but notice a few white spots.

this butterfly look like that declives? or the mitratus. i prefer the fremblii one =(

Sad... DA, you bought one of the burgress? Haha.. I am praying hard it will still be there tml.. Haha.. Too bad the tang is already reserved.. One of the smaller acantharus tang offered in the trade.. Rarely seen also..

Member of:

Sad... DA, you bought one of the burgress? Haha.. I am praying hard it will still be there tml.. Haha.. Too bad the tang is already reserved.. One of the smaller acantharus tang offered in the trade.. Rarely seen also..

No they only came one :eyebrow:

No they only came one :eyebrow:

I thought I saw 2, 1 on the left and the other on the right... hmmm, old liao??

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Supporter

Hmmm.. will they also nip on Carpet Anemones? especially those really red ones ? :heh:

Hmmm.. will they also nip on Carpet Anemones? especially those really red ones ? :heh:

FRAG.....!!! :eyebrow: Before its too late... Joe, I can drive you there (for the price of 1 frag) if you need. :idea::yeah:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Supporter
FRAG.....!!! :eyebrow: Before its too late... Joe, I can drive you there (for the price of 1 frag) if you need. :idea::yeah:

Lol... he's most probably now thinking of where he can hide that anemone.

• SRC Member
I'm not a tang lover, so cant see myself drop so much money on a tang. But i'm sure there are many tang lovers out there who've been dreaming on this fish. Further more the price given for the gem tang is considered very reasonable. Love to see somebody here getting this fish though.

gemmatum1.jpg

Every time I see this kind of pic... :cry2: :cry2:

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

;)

Anyone calling this??? :eyebrow::eyebrow: Water blur to recent top up of Iwarna's top up solution. Pics does not do this fish justice, the body is cream white with black pattern across eye and body like a Panda :P

post-602-1249719654_thumb.jpg

post-602-1249719759_thumb.jpg

post-602-1249719771_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

any1 saw a red wrasse in lck's styrofoam box where he kept arn 8pcs of mystery wrasse,

is that a flame wrasse?

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

bro, dont think so...thought you went to LCK this afternoon.....u didnt spot any flame wrasse ......spotted at CF......

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

:upsidedown: Make it 3 lah as there's ONE more nice piece at CF waiting for ya collection dude. :eyebrow:

Anyone calling this??? :eyebrow::eyebrow: Water blur to recent top up of Iwarna's top up solution. Pics does not do this fish justice, the body is cream white with black pattern across eye and body like a Panda :P

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:evil: Folks who have a fetish for crustacea exotica, there's a huge super-hairy yellowish non-reefsafe Hawaiian HERMIT CRAB aka Aniculus maximus up for grabs !!! :yeah:;)

:pinch: And its monster look is 'Super-Scary' too ! :wacko:

post-2609-1249738494_thumb.jpg

post-2609-1249738502_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
bro, dont think so...thought you went to LCK this afternoon.....u didnt spot any flame wrasse ......spotted at CF......

again u know where i go, ya i was there and i bought that red wrasse thinking that its a flame , but it is displaying sand digging patterns while it being acclimatise now

and i was thinking flames dont dig rite, i din like the flame at CF , couldnt take time off during the week when the 4 pairs 1st came in , now only left 1 male 2 females

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424