Weekly update - 8th to 14th Feb 2010

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

U beat bro regal, lol. Go got cny shipment this week. . Hopefully lck coral shipment can be in time also.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Didn't have a chance to go down LCK over the weekend.. Anyone know whether there are still nice blue carpet (4-5" size) left? :)

Ya, when down yesterday, still go the blue Carpet ..but the size too large , about 6" to 8 " or bigger....

• SRC Member
Didn't have a chance to go down LCK over the weekend.. Anyone know whether there are still nice blue carpet (4-5" size) left? :)

u can gv Henry (ML) a call n see if theres any left. he had some last week ...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
the US zoas are bigger than a clenched fist, and are around 6 red notes.

indo zoas are about 3+ red notes.

Any nice indo zoas? Or the nice ones are all US zoas?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
Any nice indo zoas? Or the nice ones are all US zoas?

the US zoas were not open at all because they were unpacked later and because of all the commotion. so i dunno what they looked like haha.

the indo zoas were not bad..went there abit late so i dunno if there were plenty of rare stuff.

• SRC Supporter
is it sold yet?

Item's still there when I left at around 7 pm.

Also take note on the availability of mini carpet anemones Stichodactyla tapetum. Got some really nice coloured ones today. :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
Did you head down to Ah Beng?

The mini carpets are at the mid btm row tanks.

nope. didnt go ahbeng. mini carpets huh? sounds interesting. :) had a dream i found a damn rare paracheilinus attenuatus at ahbeng....coz fuel told me he saw a flasher wrasse and dunno the ID... kept thinking what the hell could it be. guess my dream gave me the answer. hahaha.

• SRC Member

:rolleyes::upsidedown:^_^

Scientific: Stichodactyla tapetum

Common: Mini Carpet Anemone

Origin: Indo Pazifik, Rotes Meer

Size: up to 4 cm

Temperature: 75.2 °F - 82.4 °F (24°C - 28°C)

Food: Cyclops, Plancton, Zooxanthellae / Light

Aquarium: 22 gal (~ 100L)

degree of difficulty: awfully good

Husbandry:

Stichodactyla tapetum is also described as Discosoma tapetum, but its scientific name is Stichodactyla tapetum (Hemprich and Ehrenberg in Ehrenberg, 1834). There are several other synonyms too to which I did not enter into. It is often described to keep this small anemone in the lower third of the aquarium and they will prefer moderate to medium flow. Well, I keep this small anemones now for many years and can tell you, do not believe everything that is written, be sure they are looking for HERS place. Sometimes she is just in front of a flow pump, and sometimes you see them hiding in the reef or even "Top on Reef“. Although they are relatively quick increased, I have so far not found any serious damage to corals or invertebrates. Since they (like all Stichodactylas) sting very strong, it may happen that it causes minor damage at the foot of SPS corals. Since Stichodactyla tapetum isn't faithful to a habitat, the SPS corals usually recover very good when the anemone change once again its location.

Stichodactyla tapetum feeds as almost all anemones of their zooxanthellae, but take also actively any plankton-food they can catch ". Who will feed plankton therefore do her good.

Like all anemones also Stichodactyla tapetum multiply both by laceration (division) as well as sexual reproduction. Each anemone has a clear gender and it was both egg and sperm output observed in the aquarium.

Order: Actiniaria

Family: Stichodactylidae

Genus: Stichodactyla

Spezies: Stichodactyla tapetum

uBKEycXtbv.jpg

• SRC Member

I went down to reborn during lunch today and saw that they had quite a number of Mandrins..

Also went to LCK over the weekend and they had TONS Of super sunnies in their tanks... really lovely pieces.. bought 1 myself. :P

Cheers

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Anyone been to marine life lately? Wanna drop by later, but don't know if Henry still has any ls left.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

快捷办理高贵林学院毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118高贵林学院文凭认证办理CC毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证CoQuitlam College

2. 0

快捷办理兰加拉学院毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118兰加拉学院文凭认证办理Langara毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Langara College

3. 0

快捷办理西蒙菲莎大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118西蒙菲莎大学文凭认证办理SFU毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Simon Fraser University