Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

anyway 2 nigriocella have been captured before and displayed at the steinhart aquarium. those you see on the internet are the ones there. and reportedly very easy to feed and durable. they ate flake food very well but died several weeks later, probably due to collection problem and using the drug rotenone. as you can see, they are so cryptic that drugs must be used. "Rotenone is classified by the World Health Organization as moderately hazardous.[11] It is mildly toxic to humans and other mammals, but extremely toxic to insects and aquatic life including fish."

rotenone inteferes with the electron transport chain in mitochondria. don't ask me explain. i'm studying this now in metabolic biochemistry and it's very complicated and boring.

narcosis angel has been reported by pyle at up to 420ft and as many as 7 individuals may be found swimming upside down in caves. they're probably haremic and when threatened, will point head down, exposing the rows of sharp dorsal spikes and the 2 large eye spots. pyle held them in his tank and reported that they are very hardy and ate flake food readily, but the fate of them were unkown. probably killed them as he needs to document them for research.

and narcosis can be found in indonesia. but very deep.

Abei is also found in indonesia at 400 feet. Mux hire diver w a rebreather to dive down to 400 feet in indonesia to collect abei and narcosis!

Interesting that steinhart has kept two nigriocella. Japan has one narcosis before posted by koji wada long time ago which is may be gotten from richard pyle's collection. Anyway narcosis may one day appear again cos someone has ordered two peppermint angels and the cook divers are gg to dive all the way down to collect the peppermints soon if all works out. Den perhaps when they are hunting for the peppermint below, they may catch a narcosis if they so happen to chance upon one!

• Senior Reefer

Abei is also found in indonesia at 400 feet. Mux hire diver w a rebreather to dive down to 400 feet in indonesia to collect abei and narcosis!

Interesting that steinhart has kept two nigriocella. Japan has one narcosis before posted by koji wada long time ago which is may be gotten from richard pyle's collection. Anyway narcosis may one day appear again cos someone has ordered two peppermint angels and the cook divers are gg to dive all the way down to collect the peppermints soon if all works out. Den perhaps when they are hunting for the peppermint below, they may catch a narcosis if they so happen to chance upon one!

ad hopefully a claire also!!

and while they are re-surfacing, they can catch the canary damsels and ship to singapore.

ad hopefully a claire also!!

and while they are re-surfacing, they can catch the canary damsels and ship to singapore.

Ya my canary damsel! Henry brought in so many cooks ventralis anthias but zero canary damsel! Ok mux talk to John as well regarding cooks shipment.

• Senior Reefer

I had a pleasant surprise at iwarna today.

found two 6 inch mini colonies of the ultra rare unobtianable green nepthea. must be from someone who decided to sell it.

now i have 3!

*photos not mine, but they look exactly the same*

post-15755-094807300 1289992091_thumb.jp

post-15755-087073600 1289992098_thumb.jp

I had a pleasant surprise at iwarna today.

found two 6 inch mini colonies of the ultra rare unobtianable green nepthea. must be from someone who decided to sell it.

now i have 3!

*photos not mine, but they look exactly the same*

Too bad I no money to buy when I was there.. Next time bah..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Don't understand.

water parameters are ok but still my one millliepora colony is showing burnt tips.

nothing i can do anymore so i'll just let it be and hope it does not die on me.

perhaps it's an unhealthy to begin with and i must have did something it did not like and now it's just breaking down.

• SRC Member

Don't understand.

water parameters are ok but still my one millliepora colony is showing burnt tips.

perhaps it's an unhealthy to begin with and i must have did something it did not like and now it's just breaking down.

dip it in coralrx or lugol's solution for 5mins

l7304smr.jpg

Don't understand.

Bro,few months ago my bio colour BN had the same problem as yours,

grow well in the first month but ganna burnt tip :( . After trimming the burnt tips away,

and i also changed the placement of the BN to somewhere that the flow is not to strong.

Now it back to normal again :lol: . Hope this can help u.

• Senior Reefer

Got some new SPS today from pasir ris and also from bro thairun. I hope they do well and flourish.

thanks to bro thairun for all the nice frags and also a wealth of experience and knowledge!

my humble FTS.

post-15755-077390700 1290262164_thumb.jp

post-15755-058384200 1290262170_thumb.jp

post-15755-060713900 1290262175_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

My new showfish.

Got it from the latest vanuatu shipment but did not want to post pics so soon because it's a very unstable and difficult fish, and i don't want to post pics of something that can die any minute.

but it's been more than a week now and it's very healthy. both the male and female are very active and greedy.

Not my showfish of choice, and i will sell them once i can obtain my own personal holy grail show fish. but these are 2nd on my list and top 2 favourite, and it really brings life to the tank as it circles the SPS.

there's a pic below of my declivis butterfly flaring it's ventral fins too. absolutely love it but too small to qualify as a showfish.

post-15755-024405300 1290263130_thumb.jp

post-15755-053181600 1290263135_thumb.jp

post-15755-023074200 1290263144_thumb.jp

Got some new SPS today from pasir ris and also from bro thairun. I hope they do well and flourish.

thanks to bro thairun for all the nice frags and also a wealth of experience and knowledge!

my humble FTS.

V v nice scaping. Well done, not easy to scape, esp for a square tank, and your scaping is imo one of the best i've seen for square tank.

Also, your watanabei is trying hard to become the centrepiece of the tank! In all the three pics it is more or less in the centre!

• Senior Reefer

V v nice scaping. Well done, not easy to scape, esp for a square tank, and your scaping is imo one of the best i've seen for square tank.

Also, your watanabei is trying hard to become the centrepiece of the tank! In all the three pics it is more or less in the centre!

thanks thanks!

square tank is indeed very difficult to scape. the scape looks very nice from front and left side. on the right side it looks okay only and nothing special. have to cover it with corals.

the watanabei is the showfish now and it spends most of its time circling slowly and methodically around the center rock formation. very graceful and will indeed look better once the tail streamers elongate.

but it's beauty is only second to the semifasciatus which i am still waiting for.

my humble FTS.

Wow very nice open concept scaping together with the SPS, coral and fishes. Perfect combination. :welldone:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Bro ask u a question ... how the hell u manage to post 12352 times lol. Nice new additions btw~

He has joined for almost two years, which is about 730 days. So on average he has to make an average of 17 posts everyday, not overly difficult since he's a moderator and is v active in our forum!

Awesome tank with some beautiful SPS... :welldone:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||