13/09/2010 - 19/09/2010

• Senior Reefer

Iwarna : plenty of red saddle back, some panda goby and think very few pygmy hawk fish. some eels, corals kinda limited.

pinnacle quite empty.

red saddle back, FYI for those who dunno, is not the tiger queen anthias, but the flavoguttatus anthias.

Pseudanthias flavoguttatus.

anyway the flame hybrid at reborn is NOT a hybrid. i've seen it, and its just a flame angel with a very very abarrent colour pattern. it's very rare to find something like that, but unfortunately, not a hybrid. but i got it anyway. so it's not there anymore.

The lemonpeels with the blue spots are not hybrids but juveniles.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

red saddle back, FYI for those who dunno, is not the tiger queen anthias, but the flavoguttatus anthias.

anyway the flame hybrid at reborn is NOT a hybrid. i've seen it, and its just a flame angel with a very very abarrent colour pattern. it's very rare to find something like that, but unfortunately, not a hybrid. but i got it anyway. so it's not there anymore.

Haha so you are the 1st to own it.

so for those going there, please don't be fooled into thinking it's a hybrid.

Yes Juv lemonpeel have a blue spots and we dont always see them here. Maybe can say special.

Post yr gems leh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

maybe reborn is suppose to get this again : http://reefbuilders....tropyge-morphs/

but supplier send out wrongly ba, haha. oh but somewhat I'm missing that near true Hawaiian angel with tt injured fin from Iwarna that you fished out previously, been looking high and low ever since. :heh:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

maybe reborn is suppose to get this again : http://reefbuilders....tropyge-morphs/

but supplier send out wrongly ba, haha. oh but somewhat I'm missing that near true Hawaiian angel with tt injured fin from Iwarna that you fished out previously, been looking high and low ever since. :heh:

don't count on it. they are super rare.

true hawaii flames have lesser bars too. 3-4 usually :)

here's another one for reference. true hawaiian flame being cleaned by a hawaiian cleaner in hawaii.

post-15755-009859200 1284731785_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

u saw liao mah! later then take photo la haha.

I did not go to RB, bro Earth went only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member

i see.

ok well i will post a pic either later or tomorrow. but don't want to dissapoint you incase it's not what you imagined it to be.

:)

Bro, no offence, but it looks like a "lak sek" flame angel to me :upsidedown::chair: Jokes aside, I find it pretty unique though and I think alot of hybrids actually look a shade more pale or more dull in color than the true breeds.

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• Senior Reefer

Bro, no offence, but it looks like a "lak sek" flame angel to me :upsidedown::chair: Jokes aside, I find it pretty unique though and I think alot of hybrids actually look a shade more pale or more dull in color than the true breeds.

oh i don't take offence to things like this.

unlike many people, i prefer flames with lesser bars. the lesser the better. my taste is different and i can't expect everyone to share the same taste as me :P

when judging hybridisation, alot of factors other than colour play apart.

anyway, it's a nice fish and i like it alot.

• SRC Member

lck shipment tml arriving late afternoon:

King Angel

Queen Angel

Long tail Wrasse

Red striped tigar Wrasse

red head Goby

Again, I dunno price. So dun PM me for it as I, for sure, couldnt answer you.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Wat is long tail Wrasse n Red striped tigar Wrasse? Any pic to show?

the extremely rare yet to be properly named pintail fairy.

Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus. this is just a temporary scientific name and will be named by dr. senou soon

this fish is super rare and may only come once in a lifetime

it could also be Cirrhilabrus roseafascia (roseafascia wrasse), or the true japanese lanceolatus wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lanceolatus), or the extremely rare never before captured anywhere in the world purple boned fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus blatteus).

Blatteus is highly unlikely. there's no record of any live specimen captured before.

lanceolatus is also very unikely. it's extremely rare even in japan and only 1-2 specimens caught at any one time.

roseafascia is quite likely. common.

the pintail, cf. lanceolatus, is also more likely since it's more common than all 4.

all 4 above have long tapering sword like tail and are all known as long tail wrasse in one way or another.

my guess will be the pin tail or roseafascia.

post-15755-031765900 1284772011_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

quite some interesting fishes at CF.. saw 1 colini, 1 Chelmon muelleri (i think), 2 black nox angels, some white-cheek tangs, lots of small blue tangs.. lots of nice grade perculas and some picassos.. helfriches.. and lots of radiant wrasses..

post-9599-037710700 1284782649_thumb.jpgpost-9599-066977200 1284782657_thumb.jpgpost-9599-067549600 1284782672_thumb.jpg

some kind of Anampses wrasse? not sure the ID..

post-9599-055996800 1284782695_thumb.jpg

interesting sand-sifting goby ( wait for Lemon to ID )

post-9599-089272600 1284782745_thumb.jpgpost-9599-079724600 1284782758_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

quite some interesting fishes at CF.. saw 1 colini, 1 Chelmon muelleri (i think), 2 black nox angels, some white-cheek tangs, lots of small blue tangs.. lots of nice grade perculas and some picassos.. helfriches.. and lots of radiant wrasses..

post-9599-037710700 1284782649_thumb.jpgpost-9599-066977200 1284782657_thumb.jpgpost-9599-067549600 1284782672_thumb.jpg

(Coradion melanopus) Twospot Coralfish

(Halichoeres rubricephalus) Red-Head Wrasse(Male)

post-9599-089272600 1284782745_thumb.jpgpost-9599-079724600 1284782758_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

the so called long fin wrasse of LCK shipment today was mis-ID by the supplier. Its neither pintail nor roseafacia. confirmed by lemon, digi and me.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Just return from Sealife. Small and Large size Queen angel from Brazil, and other fish like claki damsel, lemon peel angel , emperor angel together with some hard corals like open brain still available .

??? Is coradion in season now??? Should i go get another...

Thanks for th update and photos

:ThanxSmiley:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

thanks for the correction bigbird.. :ThanxSmiley:

Don't mention bro. Hope my ID is right.

• Senior Reefer

vt snowman,

like big bird said. it's not a chelmon mulleri, they only come from australia. that one is a coradion melanopus.

the red head wrasse is not an anampses, but a Halichoeres chrysocephalus.

and the goby is Valenciennea helsdingeni