20/9/2010 - 26/9/2010

• SRC Member

i'm not an expert in angel but that's alot of angels and some can get quite belligerent.

maybe you can ask bigbird or bigbigfish for help.

Huh!!! Bro Lemon, i am not expert leh. :chair: If you ask me Asfur angel, Emperor angel i still can help a bit. But Bandit, i totally zero. I had never keep this before. If i ever keep this my wife will surprise me with blue eye then i will become real Bandit(Joking). :P

There are some who keep them before can help. Seriously you know who they are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some dwarf angels will change sex but not as easily and readily as clowns.

to sex flame angels, females have a rounded ###### fin with less blue and males have a sharply pointed ###### fin with more blue.

the flames in the LED tank with the goldflake is gorgeous. the biggest flame angel i've ever seen!

I manage to pair one after long trying/experiment.... Now they spawning often at ~Midnight b4 light off...

Yes, need to make them stay peace first before define who to be Male/Female :P

also read a lots how to diff the sex of them.. and we tried same methods as what u point up... also failed to pair them :( after all, I found that QT with partition is the best methods to pair fishes.. But if u able to find them not fighting when purchase @ LFS is the best.. :thumbsup:

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

ok lemme try to help you cool guy.

bandit angels come from the genus Apolemichthys which is one of the touchier genus as far as angelfishes go. this genus include the flagfin, goldflake, bandit amongsts others.

most are quite sensitive and usually won't feed readily but still managable.

the bandit angel is extra tough because for it's association with deep waters in the reefs of hawaii. this means that very often they will suffer from decompression problems because of the depths they are in, or from infection due to poor decompression techniques.

a bandit angel with typical signs of breaking down will include reddening and swelling on it's belly (signs of infection which indicates poor needling technique for decompression), or darkening of the flank which indicates stress, and of course a general unhealthy appearance.

another factor to consider is temperature. although some reefers i know keep them without a chiller, a cooler temperature will help facilitate your bandit angel into captivity better.

bandits are shy and require big tank. in your tank there are already plenty of big angels and some of the more aggressive ones like queen, africanus, king etc might give your bandit a hard time and run for it's money.

although i speak from textbook information and not from personal knowledge, i can only help you this far and my guess would be it can be difficult adding a bandit into a tank with your current scenario. i'm not saying it's impossible though.

i shall stop here and let others who have personally tried bandit or has better experience than me, to chime in or correct me.

• Senior Reefer

Anyone saw the flame angels at LCK? In the whole batch there are two to three w quite special markings (as in v few black stripes) and one has black stripes extending only half the body width, something like shepardi.

i examined every specimen to find a potential replacement but none suited the criteria.

there are some quite unique ones but not unique enough to justify a purchase IMO and still i still categorised them as normal flame.

there was one with stripes alternating from long and short, in total 4 stripes. but still looked quite normal and not shepardi like IMO.

but all the flames are very beautiful though.

for me, flame angel is one the very very few fishes i will not consider nonsense and ugly. even a normal, standard, run of the mill flame angel is beautiful in my opinion and i will not dismiss the thought of buying a perfectly normal looking one. although it's in my presonality to go for something more unique and less commonly seen, a flame angel is one such exception.

one of the nicest marine fishes out there.

Ya, I agree.. in fact I shot some short video clips on them.. But dun worry... as long as they dun fight.. will pair up eventually.. same as clown fishes. I found that putting 2 flame angle together is more challenging than putting 2 tangs together.... :thumbsup:

Cheers and Happy Reefing....

Just posted video on one of them...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

Just posted video on one of them...

yup gorgeous! both males, but show no fighting so it's good.

the bigger one on the left has a nice pattern on one of it's side.

from the colouration, probably from Marshall islands or surrounding nearby islands where flames are more orangey.

• Senior Reefer

Thanx lemon.... will read up more on bandit... gonna giv it a a pass then...

currently my bluering is the king now... any new fish he wil whack first...

if your bluering is so fierce then i don't suggest adding the bandit.

imagine a cheap fish killing a rare expensive fish..

Some add on...

LCK

- Royal Gamma, tons of them

CF

- Pair Flame Angels (at least 4 pair)

Below r the Bandit pics, for those who interested.. :)

post-9248-012166700 1285499616_thumb.jpgpost-9248-014886400 1285499647_thumb.jpg

Will update more after dinner...

CF :-

School of Baby Blue Tang

Baby Kole Yellow Eye Tang.. Also some 2"+ size available....

Also lots of

Yellow Tangs,

Purple Tangs

Annularis Angelfishes

Bluespotted Angelfishes

Flame Wrasses

etc..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

School of Baby Blue Tang

Also lots of

Yellow Tangs,

Purple Tangs

Annularis Angelfishes

Bluespotted Angelfishes

Flame Wrasses

etc..

Some more from CF:-

Powder Blue Tang

Purple Queen Anthias

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

School of Baby Blue Tang

Also lots of

Yellow Tangs,

Purple Tangs

Annularis Angelfishes

Bluespotted Angelfishes

Flame Wrasses

etc..

Why didnt i see the small yellow kole????

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

nice bandit... my tank got majestic, blue face, asfur, bluering, king, queen, townsend, french, earspot, scribble, coral beauty, regal, africanus angel. do u tink i can still add the bandit angel? will it get stress n stop eating?

Hi cool guy,

Yes u can, if u're prepared to take some risks. With bandits it depends a lot on luck. They can die of many reasons, internal parasite, shipping stress, decompression maladies and needling wounds, refusal to eat, high temperature etc. However these do not stop reefers to buy a bandit becos they are too beautiful fish. Most of the pple successful at keeping bandits have tried this fish more than once. The fish is costly, always between 600 to 900 depending on size, so if u're not prepared for an expensive fish like this to die on u, den dun try.

Recently bandits has become a regular import here w RB, LCK, Iwarna, CF and Ah Beng all carrying bandits on and off when they hav hawaii shipments. Also the bandits collected are more and more healthy compared to last time mainly becos now most of them collected are smaller, the really big ones( nearing 6 inches) which almost always will die are less frequently being brought in.

Hope this helps.

Terry, u mean didn't see in video or LFS?

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Ya, I remember 2x bigger size at front Coral tank.. This small fellow located at behind partition tank (1st row)... :)

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Hi cool guy,

Yes u can, if u're prepared to take some risks. With bandits it depends a lot on luck. They can die of many reasons, internal parasite, shipping stress, decompression maladies and needling wounds, refusal to eat, high temperature etc. However these do not stop reefers to buy a bandit becos they are too beautiful fish. Most of the pple successful at keeping bandits have tried this fish more than once. The fish is costly, always between 600 to 900 depending on size, so if u're not prepared for an expensive fish like this to die on u, den dun try.

Recently bandits has become a regular import here w RB, LCK, Iwarna, CF and Ah Beng all carrying bandits on and off when they hav hawaii shipments. Also the bandits collected are more and more healthy compared to last time mainly becos now most of them collected are smaller, the really big ones( nearing 6 inches) which almost always will die are less frequently being brought in.

Hope this helps.

thanx bro. :)

• Senior Reefer

8am hawaii @ iwarna tomorrow.

Angels

- Flavicauda angel

- lemonpeel

- flame

- potteri

- goldflake

Tangs

- AT

- YT

- kole eye

- chevron

Wrasses

- Flame wrasse (3M 9F)

- christmas

- blue cleaner

- rainbow cleaner

Anthias

- bartlett

- ventralis

For those interested in cf goldflake, there are 3 pcs, smal, medium and large. Also, those looking for giant randal goby, can go cf. They have 2 which are easily 4inches, biggest I ever see and one already eating pellets. Iwarna Hawaii shipment confirmed tomorrow at 8am.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

for iwarna shipment, everything is small except the normal cleaner wrasse. Nice size kole for those interested. All the best.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

should be less than 4 red notes....each....

Algae Scrubbler