20/9/2010 - 26/9/2010

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:paiseh:

anyway at CF

- very healthy pellet eating bandit. 3-4 inch

1 no. very nice bandit in CF spotted this morning auntie claimed on mysis diet sparsely, colouration of white & black -perfect. approx. 6 inches. ,hope auntie can get it to feed on pellet soon.

Yup. Saw the Bandit. Good condition.

But only feeding on mysis sparesly (as told by Auntie as well).

Did not respond to the pellets thrown in.

This is contrary to initial condition (eating pellets) reported by LemonLemon.

Remind me of my first Bandit.

Eating pellets on the first day, but somehow stopped eating and slowly decline in health.... :cry2:

• Senior Reefer

Eating pellets on the first day, but somehow stopped eating and slowly decline in health.... :cry2:

hi.

was told that the bandit was pellet feeding at CF. perhaps aunty heard me ask the wrong fish and thus, the mis-communication.

sorry for the inconvenience caused :)

• Senior Reefer

BANNED

The hawaiian rainbow cleaner wrasse (Labroides phthirophagus) is banned from import by Hawaii. This has been going on for quite awhile now now as there are no more hawaiian rainbow cleaner wrasse being imported.

The hawaiian endemic is found only in hawaii and is over-harvested, thus the ban.

all cleaner wrasses coming from hawaii shipments are still labelled as rainbow cleaner wrasse, and the scientific name is still labelled as L. phthirophagus. they are labelled wrongly

However the wrasses that are imported are not L. phthirophagus but instead, are the red lip cleaner wrasses (L. rubrolabiatus). Occasionally, the normal blue cleaner wrasses are also imported from hawaii and are also mis-labelled as the true rainbow hawaii cleaner.

so for those looking for this beautiful cleaner with the worst survival record, sorry but we won't be seeing them anymore.

first two pictures are the hawaiian rainbow cleaner. banned, and replaced in shipments with the last picture, the red lip cleaner.

post-15755-046539700 1285668871_thumb.gi

post-15755-024261100 1285668877_thumb.jp

post-15755-089231200 1285668882_thumb.jp

hi.

was told that the bandit was pellet feeding at CF. perhaps aunty heard me ask the wrong fish and thus, the mis-communication.

sorry for the inconvenience caused :)

No worry. Am just sharing what I observed and my experience with fellow reefers here. :rolleyes:

Bro,

I saw the bandit feeding on pellets when i was there on Sunday.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

false shepardi angelfish spotted at the shop in front of ah beng's . Condition varies.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

????? Auntie shop?

yeah, think 1 pcs displaying but not in good health, and left about 2-3 pcs in her blue tub. left tt place at bout 4+ pm..

while i bought no fishes.. but a got an expensive item complements from our TP, 6 points + $150 for "Careless Driving" $%$%@$#%@% when entering TPE thru the slip road. :chair:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• Senior Reefer

false shepardi?

could either be rusty flame hybrid, or rusty angels that look shepardi-ish.

cannot be the real rusty flame as they won't come in so many pieces, but i won't dismiss the thought. tomorrow will go check out.

i suspect just normal rusty flame angels..

• SRC Member

hey guys my BAD!! wrong sighting should have been rusty angelfish!

• SRC Member

think TP was right to fine me for being so blur the entire day. my utmost sincere apologies for the confusion guys.

• Senior Reefer

hey guys my BAD!! wrong sighting should have been rusty angelfish!

made me excited for a minute there hehe.

rusty x flame hybrids aka false shepardi are very rare. no worries on the wrong ID.

U were sick. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

U were sick. : )

me too :( i just puke on myself while i'm resting. :sick: must be you.

ahhhhhh....

too much info i guess

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

:shock: seen the pics between the 2 angels for afew times, guess i should make a pair of old man glasses.. :chair:

really learn alot, tink go auntie take a look tomolo

huh!?

they look so different!!

rusty angels are so ugly compared to the legendary goddess, that is, the rusty x flame angel!!

rusty angels are so messy with so much spots everywhere. whereas rusty flames are a deep orange with thin subtle lines.

to each his own i guess, and i'm still dreaming of the day where a rusty x flame angel is shipped in via cebu shipments.

• Senior Reefer

Pseudanthias flavoguttatus flooding the local market by the hundreds recently. We are very lucky to have them here at such reasonable prices. People pay way higher in the states.

For those people who still have not had their share, this friday should have more coming in at iwarna.

confirm again closer to the date.

post-15755-062472200 1285772726_thumb.jp