Week - 29th Dec 2003 - 4th Jan 2004

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i go tml u all think got clams left? <_<

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Hi ppl,

Wana check if any one was @ 1ck 1** this week and can i confirm if those purple and pink fishes are royal grammas? Cos i was there and i think there are like 20 to 30 pcs there and checked that they are from brazil. Are they any different from those sold at ML couple of weeks ago??

Those are Brazilian Gramma not the royal gramma (black stripe across eye). They have 3 different sizes for the gramma. Do check out the Altantic Blue tang also. ;)

Those are Brazilian Gramma not the royal gramma (black stripe across eye). They have 3 different sizes for the gramma. Do check out the Altantic Blue tang also. ;)

Hmmm... a bit luan already...

So it is called royal gramma or brazlian gramma it is two diff fishes?? I checked liveaquira and it looks the same leh...

Anyway i still bought one today... now swimming happily in between holes... has starting eating too

:off::off:

Saw many nice H.reidi at wat*rc*rcl*...and healthy looking anthias..

PR,....the salifert calcium test kits have arrived...

lots of Short tentacled fungia, slipper coral and goniopora at reb*rn...saw one fungia with an orange mouth..but did'nt buy..coz spent a bomb on tank additives and Salifert Ca test kit..found my Ca to be 510ppm...:blink:

Check out their 2nd storey...so many brands of stuff to choose from..and the display tank on top..got 2 VERY NICE sunburst anthias :blink: (identified by the guy as im not anthias expert)..

They also have full range of salifert test kits..ranging from the common ones to calcium, iodine, phosphate and magnesium.

Also available are tropic marine test kits which are quite reliable from what I heard by someone.. B)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

for the benefit for those who missed the earlier discussions on the 3 lookalike fishes 2 grammas and a dotty back...here's a couple of pic to show you their diff ;)

post-25-1073146956.jpg

the main diff is the intensity of the coloration and royal gramma has a long black line across its eyes..which absent in the brazilian ones

also, I find b.gramma got big mouth compared to the royal gramma :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
the main diff is the intensity of the coloration and royal gramma has a long black line across its eyes..which absent in the brazilian ones

also, I find b.gramma got big mouth compared to the royal gramma :lol::lol:

Deepblue, good descriptions on the two gramma.

I think the best way to differential between the two are the black stripe across the Royal that is absent on the brazilian other than the place of origin. Royal is fro carribean and Brazilian is from Brazil.

Cheers