Weekly Update 3rd Jan - 10th Jan 2011

• SRC Member

Iwarna hawaii Tomorrow.

Fisher's angel (Centropyge fisheri)

Flame angel (Centropyge loricula)

Orange peel (Centropyge flavissima)

Multicolour angel (Centropyge multicolor)

Potters angel (Centropyge potteri)

Achilles tang (Acanthurus achilles)

Chevron tang (Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis)

Rhomboid wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis)

Flame wrasse M/F (Cirrhilabrus jordani)

Lyretail wrasse(?) no idea wat this is

Scarlet wrasse (?) probably dissapearing wrasse (Pseudocheilinus evanidus)

Velvet wrasse (Cirrhilabrus luteovittatus)

Girdled fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus balteatus)

Mystery wrasse (Pseudocheilinus ocellatus)

Bartlett anthias (Pseudanthias bartlettorum)

Red banded hawkfish (Cirrhitops fasciatus)

No Yellow Tangs?

Lyretail wrasse(?) no idea wat this is

Scarlet wrasse (?) probably dissapearing wrasse (Pseudocheilinus evanidus)

I think both refer to anthias. Also got golden anthias. Anyone has a picture of this golden anthias?

Sorry bro, your inferences are incorrect. Both are definitely wrasses, not anthias.

Scarlet wrasse - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+1152&pcatid=1152

this one confirm is hawaii fish. It looks quite the same as a mystery wrasse except the absence of the white markings, purple body and perhaps strips on its yellow head.

Lyretail wrasse - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+346&pcatid=346

could be this one. pretty common.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Sorry bro, your inferences are incorrect. Both are definitely wrasses, not anthias.

Scarlet wrasse - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+1152&pcatid=1152

this one confirm is hawaii fish. It looks quite the same as a mystery wrasse except the absence of the white markings, purple body and perhaps strips on its yellow head.

Lyretail wrasse - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+346&pcatid=346

could be this one. pretty common.

Yes sorry for the wrong info.

• Senior Reefer

Thalassoma lunare has never appaered in hawaii shipment before.

unlikely to be that one.

could be Thalassoma lutescens, the banana wrasse. but they won't label it as lyretail wrasse.

we'll just have to see wat it is. but probably somethign common and not rare.

common names can be very misleading. especially "lyretail wrasse". it can mean anything. that's why i try to update everything in scientific name so you guys can search for it on google to give a definite result.

• SRC Member

Any updates on Iwarna shipment?

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

iwarna: just saw some flame, rhomboids, mystery, scarlet pin stripe wrasses etc, evansi, and very little bartletts left..

• Senior Reefer

it's called a super hybrid for a reason haha.. very rare.

hybrid lemonpeels very common but those super hybrids. those are very rare and expensive.

hope to see them again.

but the price is around 5 blue note rite...

5 blue notes? U mux be kidding.

Their last super hybrid, the one that went on reefbuilders is selling at 16 blue notes!

No one bought it and in the end the fish died in their shop.

The hybrid price can be variable. V rare and nice one the price will be easily above 500 at RB.

• SRC Member

Wat!!! 16blue note... Was told by a friend it was 5blue note. But when i wanna go n get it, he said sold liao. Wat a friend i hav... :(

Btw henry got a special hybrid tang... Dunno nice or ugly... For me look interesting... :P

• SRC Member

5 blue notes? U mux be kidding.

Their last super hybrid, the one that went on reefbuilders is selling at 16 blue notes!

No one bought it and in the end the fish died in their shop.

The hybrid price can be variable. V rare and nice one the price will be easily above 500 at RB.

it died at their shop? :shock:

i remember reading at reefbuilders that it was sold really quickly.