Elegance Coral

Morgan

Hi guys

Notice that there are alot of elegance in the LFS.......some are very beautiful with very striking colours combination

Those whose purchase them...can please post pics

This is mine bought on Ner Year's Day.

:wub: the purple tips which photograph blue

Please Note: Would not recommend newbies to buy as this is not an easy coral to keep

post-7-1073225068.jpg

• SRC Member

Morgan,

If you cause a hype with all elegance by posting this picture, you will be resposible for the death of countless corals.

All,

Elegance is NOT an easy coral to keep. They are very sensitive and get diseased very easily. They often come injured already and are bought to just rot in the tanks.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Morgan,

If you cause a hype with all elegance by posting this picture, you will be resposible for the death of countless corals.

All,

Elegance is NOT an easy coral to keep. They are very sensitive and get diseased very easily. They often come injured already and are bought to just rot in the tanks.

Good and firm 'reprimanding' here... mod... :P:P:P (Adding 'fuel to fire'... :lol::lol::lol: )

Yalor...he always starts a trend...remember his AT postings? :rolleyes:

Some 'gungho' reefers will be so tempted to take up the challenge to defy the fact... :(

went to our local farms and saw tons of them....already too late.....would either die in inexp reefers' tanks or in the farms....

most pple dun buy them because we dun know how they were harvested and packed for shipping.....those extra cares before sale will greatly increase the survival chance of these corals :erm:

• SRC Member

Ja, and achilles tangs too. Now everyone will want an 8' tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

IME...elegance are not really that diffcuilt if all the condition are met......but they go downhill fast if something is to go wrong.

My older 1 is still doing very well....and my 2nd pc given by my friend is recovering.....it was dying in his tank

• SRC Member

Is that an elegance skeleton on the top left of the picture?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi guys

Notice that there are alot of elegance in the LFS.......some are very beautiful with very striking colours combination

Those whose purchase them...can please post pics

This is mine bought on Ner Year's Day.

:wub: the purple tips which photograph blue

Please Note: Would not recommend newbies to buy as this is not an easy coral to keep

Nice coloured. :wub:

Newbies, plz do take note of the notes. :eyebrow:

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member
Very nice Elegance Coral, one of my favorite. But always can't kept more than two weeks......So .. :angry::angry:

So place at top or bottom, sand.....?

best is to avoid them.

:evil:

no need to worry whether to place at top, middle or bottom. :lol:

• SRC Member

I think this is one of the LPS that reefer dun really respect its needs.

Many reefers give due respect to SPS when handling them, but when comes to LPS and soft corals, they thought it is easy.... <_< same goes to anemones! :angry:

probably many are misleded by comments from LFS. :ph34r:

Ok to try to save the coral, but why would you risk a byopsis outbreak in your tank, by putting in a coral thats covered in it.

Ian....got no choice, it was already very bad condition and it is not easy to pull off the byopsis.

I'm not too worried about byopsis as it will not grow very well in my tank and will disappear in a few weeks......nutrient is very low. My biggest pest algae is caulerpa.