most difficult fish to keep.

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, the Mandarin fish is the most difficult fish to keep in captivity tank. It is also very stressful for reefers to have one starving fish keep looking for food in their tank. I would strongly advocate to the people of the trade to stop import this cute n beautiful fish. Support me pls.

• Like 1

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

IMHO, the Mandarin fish is the most difficult fish to keep in captivity tank. It is also very stressful for reefers to have one starving fish keep looking for food in their tank. I would strongly advocate to the people of the trade to stop import this cute n beautiful fish. Support me pls.

My tank setting:

IMHO, the Mandarin fish is the most difficult fish to keep in captivity tank. It is also very stressful for reefers to have one starving fish keep looking for food in their tank. I would strongly appeal to importer to stop import this cute n beautiful fish. Support me pls.

My tank setting:

• SRC Member

IMHO, the Mandarin fish is the most difficult fish to keep in captivity tank. It is also very stressful for reefers to have one starving fish keep looking for food in their tank. I would strongly appeal to importer to stop import this cute n beautiful fish. Support me pls.

My mandarin is very fat and healthy. u need to understand your tank condition. I even have 1 that feeds on pellets.

I have a mandrian fish for more than a year now, eating pellet and frozen brine shrimp and mysis shrimp. It is not so difficult, you need a more peaceful tank, less competition for foods. If not, the fish have no chance to try pellets or frozen foods. They are slow eater, just like seahorse.

Mandrian are quite robust to ich. So disease is usually not cause of death.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

PBT! I luv tis fish but find it most difficult of all tangs. I know there are success stories as well.

QT the fish with copper and feed the fish with red bamboo to start with. Slowly try to feed it with pellets. Tang are normally hungry like a pig. So it is quite easier to get them to feed. Only problem is the ich. So qt with copper will help.

Next problem is PBT likes to fight like no one business, with PT, all powder series, AT, Clown tang, sohal tang ..... You will see this problem when added in the main tank with tangs.

Lastly I found that butterfly fish in general is more challanging as compared with angels and tangs.

• SRC Member
QT the fish with copper and feed the fish with red bamboo to start with. Slowly try to feed it with pellets. Tang are normally hungry like a pig. So it is quite easier to get them to feed. Only problem is the ich. So qt with copper will help. Next problem is PBT likes to fight like no one business, with PT, all powder series, AT, Clown tang, sohal tang ..... You will see this problem when added in the main tank with tangs. Lastly I found that butterfly fish in general is more challanging as compared with angels and tangs.
Thanks. Bro

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I have been only able to keep for max 6 months. Very sensitive to water quality as compared with other large angels. Anyone keep blue lip angel for more than a year?

Mine is only 2 months.

Then it stopped eating and MIA... till today no body found.

MIA ... ???