Mangroves- Anybody know where to get them

joachimsim

• SRC Member

If I remembered correctly, the mangroove they are talking about is miracle mud.

But look here on the lab report:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=0entry158148

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
There was a discussion previously, basically you need A LOT of mangroves for nutrient export to be substantial enough... so in the end it's not really worth it

Yupz. N the lights required.

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member

I don't understand why you guys just love to spend money, where you can get it for free at our local beaches, and for those living pasir ris river or punggol river and especially changi beach or best: Sungei Buloh

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i had 3 in my refugium, lighted 8 hrs daily. Watching them grow is worse than trying to watch grass grow. Eventually, they withered and died, one after another. For effect, you'd need quite a few of them. Sungei Buloh has plenty. West coast park is another area, but please quarantine your mangroves well and don't introduce pests to your tank. I got mine on a beach @ Sentosa while on a family trip.

• SRC Member

Bro nivlac, do you sill having any surviving mangrove? how big does it grow? do you do any pruning?

Bro joachimsim, taking public property from state owned land is pretty sure not legal. maybe needing to get certain licence. Go buy from the shops if you want to sleep easier. ;)

• SRC Member

Mangroves again?

They don't grow fast or use enough nutrients to make a dent in your nitrates. Try 1 pod/gallon and leave it for about a year under intense light, maybe that will work. Plant light to them is a joke. They grow under the intense tropical sun, so 1000W MH won't be enough for them.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif