Totally P!SSED

typrobin

• SRC Member

hi all, i know barking here won't make any difference...but i am just too P!SSED OFF and have to vent my frustration...

on 31 dec i reserved a set of 250W MH from deepblue..and put it up on sale on 3 jan and still giving priority to my friend hermit..reserved at $50, selling at $50...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=27223&hl=250

on the same day, this "poor student" malcolm claimed tat he really need the light and is even willing to pay more for it...posted as $75, but agreed thru pm at $80..

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=27339&st=0

i decided to sell the MH to him at $80...i went thru all the trouble to check with all the guys tat are on the reservation list if they are willing to forgo the item and let him have it..on the condition tat the extra $30 will be donated to RED CROSS...everyone agreed based on the fact that it was for a good cause..

anticipating tat the deal will go on smoothly, i donated $30 out of my own pocket 1st even before collectin anything (MH and cash)...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...pic=27339&st=40

now the "poor student" backs out of the deal due to the fact that the MH is not wired up..assuming tat it might be a faulty unit...i already told him tat it is pretty easy to wire up..but he insist on trying the item before taking it...so i called off the deal..and now face the possibility tat i might have to bear the RED CROSS donation..

y would i wanna cheat it out of something tat i am not earing a single cent from?

y would deepblue wanna sell something tat is not working??

to all fellow reefers, pls beware...thanks for reading...

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. I understand how you feel as I kena aeroplane many times including not turning up at agreed time and location then pretend it did not happen when I called him after waiting for 20 mins, best part is when I return to my car only to find auntie just issued a parking ticket!!!

Nothing much you can do (except for curses and voodoo dolls) but I suggest you keep a little list of black book marking all the pilots (extreme cases) and banned them from your future sales.

Anyway, good luck for your sales and hope you make a good comeback in the year of the dog. :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. I understand how you feel as I kena aeroplane many times including not turning up at agreed time and location then pretend it did not happen when I called him after waiting for 20 mins, best part is when I return to my car only to find auntie just issued a parking ticket!!!

Nothing much you can do (except for curses and voodoo dolls) but I suggest you keep a little list of black book marking all the pilots (extreme cases) and banned them from your future sales.

Anyway, good luck for your sales and hope you make a good comeback in the year of the dog. :)

wad dog year??

i tot coming year is chicken year???

dog year another year mah....

i following year than 24 mah.... er.. er... :shock:

am i wrong or stuck in a time warp or something....

tyro... anyway... wadeva it is.... i applaud u for donating to the tsunami fund....

i m sure most ppl out there still have not donated....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

a simple sale becomes like that????? :huh:

Maybe it would better if the whole deal is completed before the resale is done...

The set I sold is WIRED UP by decentkid when he sold it to me a while back, think at $50 without the bulb. (ou just need to crew the reflecter and holder to the top the the hood.)

I bought the bulb and used it for 2 weeks ,then put it aside as I was using the T5s.

Last week, I put it up on sale and sold it to Robin as I just received my reef optix pendent.

The rest... its up to the new owner of the light set

Hope that clears up the ????

THink this situation could be avoided in the 1st place... :erm:

• SRC Member

wad dog year??

i tot coming year is chicken year???

dog year another year mah....

i following year than 24 mah.... er.. er... :shock:

am i wrong or stuck in a time warp or something....

tyro... anyway... wadeva it is.... i applaud u for donating to the tsunami fund....

i m sure most ppl out there still have not donated....

He's giving up the hobby only for a year mah :lol: ...which means the year of the roaster (2005). Next year then make a comeback if the elements are in favour for him... ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
It's karma, what goes around, comes around.

hey yazid, for your case it was totally different...

in your selling thread the other time,u mentioned "SELF COLLECT IN WOODLANDS"

i stay in woodlands too, admiralty MRT, i offered to pick it up in woodlands MRT and u were too lazy to bring it there..so since it is so difficult to bring it to woodlands MRT, i dun think i am obliged to collect the item from your house..please remember that i was the buyer and u were the seller...not the other way round...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=17387&hl=

Actually wanted to KPO, because I really cannot understand the whole trades theory behind the deal.

But nevermind, later say wrong things. Nevertheless, Ah typrobin had done a good deed (regardless its intentionally/unintentionally), and would sure be rewarded sooner or later.

Cheers!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

To be truthful and not to offend anyone...this is A SALE that is truely unusual... :huh::huh: (cloud over head)

Hope we buyers and sellers learnt something through this experience. ;)

• SRC Member

robin ah, if it were me i would also like to make sure that the item im buying is working.... i see nothing wrong for him asking to try it first.. and its u who called off the deal so u cant blame him right???

maybe u can simply wire up for him and misunderstanding would be cleared right???

sometimes diy is easy to certain pple but for pple like me .. haiz.. gone case..

no offence meant.. just speaking wat i feel la.. :)

• SRC Member
It's karma, what goes around, comes around.

weird.......... :blink:

sounds like off topic words........................ :D

anyway i always quite unhappy abt this.....................

heaRD TAT the buyer corals dying off one by one, kindly ask him wats the problem and even let him take the mh 4 him...........

there are even more ppl who need the 250w mh then him lor.........

anyway i think he should put into the consideration that robin have already donated some amount for the charity liao.................

no matter wat he should take lor...........

if not hHE SHOULD PAY ROBIN BACK THE AMOUNTED DONATED ..................... :angry:

• SRC Member

Erm, if I may be objective:

1. Typrobin, you shouldn't have made your donation to Red Cross without receiving the money. Since you chose to do that, you should accept that you made the donation at your own risk.

2. It appears you have informed the other interested buyers about your Red Cross donation, but you didn't mention to 'poor student' Malcolm that $30 will be donated to Red Cross, isn't it? So if he isn't aware of it, and eventually he pulls out of the deal, you can't blame him for your $30 'upfront' donation.

3. Tapping on the above 2 points, since you already made the donation, take it as a good cause from your heart. No harm, isn't it? ;)

4. Did 'poor student' malcom accuse you of cheating his money (abt the wiring and stuff?)? Your statement below:

"y would i wanna cheat it out of something tat i am not earing a single cent from?

y would deepblue wanna sell something tat is not working??"

Seems to suggest that 'poor student' Malcolm called you a cheat or something similar to that extent. It wouldn't be fair to him if he hasn't said that.

5. You stated: "now the "poor student" backs out of the deal due to the fact that the MH is not wired up..assuming tat it might be a faulty unit...i already told him tat it is pretty easy to wire up..but he insist on trying the item before taking it...so i called off the deal"

I do not know the agreement between Typrobin and 'poor student' malcolm, but:

Typrobin, I think if you had given 'poor student' Malcolm the opportunity to test out the item, he might have eventually bought it. Unfortunately you called off the deal, for what I presume was because of your lack of time and patience. (I see you have to clear all your stuff and I really sympathize with your predicament)

AND 'POOR STUDENT' MALCOLM, if there was indeed an agreement on your part to purchase the item @$80 (whether you are aware of the Red Cross donation at this point is inmaterial), and if you never did raise the issue of the wiring at the point of agreement, then that would have been your responsibility (or for want of a harsh word: 'fault') for the unfinished sale, i.e. breach of contract.

My tiny 2 objective cents. :pinch:

• SRC Member

If it's convit that breach of contract, typrobin has right to demand sell amount or any other amount ( less than selling ).

however, typrobin should prove that poor student agreed to BUY from you.

filing for demand @ subcourt 35.50 S$.

lawer fee 1,500 S$.

Court Fee 250.

Anyway, guys this is hobby, not making money ( business, unless u think otherway wrong ). So let cool down and settle alright.

it's better than ppl offer to buy things from you at 50% eventhough it's brand new

Cheers and have a good sleep

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

hey yazid, for your case it was totally different...

in your selling thread the other time,u mentioned "SELF COLLECT IN WOODLANDS"

i stay in woodlands too, admiralty MRT, i offered to pick it up in woodlands MRT and u were too lazy to bring it there..so since it is so difficult to bring it to woodlands MRT, i dun think i am obliged to collect the item from your house..please remember that i was the buyer and u were the seller...not the other way round...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=17387&hl=

Come on Robin, it's more than that. I love your excuses.

What happen to "I don't have money now." "I'm a student". "I just spend on ..."

and the best of one:

"hey bro, i'm sorry....have been quite busy lately with my skimmer...pls keep the pump for me...i definitely won't aeroplane u...even if i dun need it, i will still get it from u...thanks... "

I even offer to deliver to your house for goodness sake.

I'm lazy?. I'm lazy and tired to hear your excuses. So far, when I buy I always comes and collect from the buyer and not the other way round. You live so near and yet to lazy to come over. Doh!

Why can't you just say I don't want it anymore. Simple.

I would have understand.

• SRC Member

hi Yazid,

I had my fair share of sparring with nonsense buyers.

We should put up an age group band under avatar so that

precautionary measures can be taken, as well as pre-emptive strikes. :)

this is not unique to SRC.

• SRC Member

Yes, I do agree that there has and always will be nonsense buyers and sellers. This is unforunately "Facts of life"!

With each sale, we can grow and be more "street-smart".

However, I do not agree this has got something to with age-group. I had personally deal with sellers from teens to older gentlemen and I must say the teens are just as professional!

IMO, don't mix "nonsense" buyers or sellers with with age group. It is not fair to discriminate this way.

It is just my opinion.

Yes, I do agree that there has and always will be nonsense buyers and sellers. This is unforunately "Facts of life"!

With each sale, we can grow and be more "street-smart".

However, I do not agree this has got something to with age-group. I had personally deal with sellers from teens to older gentlemen and I must say the teens are just as professional!

IMO, don't mix "nonsense" buyers or sellers with with age group. It is not fair to discriminate this way.

It is just my opinion.

Teens that are professional = Dispar Anthias! In fact, he is one that I respect! :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Let's not get off track...and forming certain perception about a potential buyer because of the age group he/she is in wont be fair.

Do reframe from flaming openly....dear yazid and robin, pls try to sort it out via pm.

As I said...there are actually a lot of nonsense we all have to endure that goes on behind the scene. As a seller, I too have faced a couple of frustrating deals recently as well. I guess we just have to let the other party know our opinion/stand/frustration ... then move on .... instead of getting overly upset about it.

I love the comment:

"We are hobbyists"... ;)

ya guys cool down.. this thread is becoming more of a thread for flaming...

Gouldian:haha thanks... no lah, maybe the buyer or seller i encounter mostly good one... Anyway i find SRC buy sell forum is one of the best place to clear off unused equipments or to buy 2nd hand goods(especially for students which low pocket allowance like me ;) ) Actually i encounter aeroplane before.. i kanna cheated a chiller but din say anyhting cos take it as a lesson learnt loh....