What's the darndest thing a LFS has ever told you?

salivateforme

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fr, serangoon area........ "can buy these few butterfly fish...no prob...I pack two bags of salt water ...go home, get a tank and put them in ..OK liao"

:angry::sick:

• SRC Member
"No Problem one" after he use his hand to ctach my fish that I bought.

i tot "hand caught" fish are better...... :P

but seriously, I do read about some people advocating using hands (of course must be clean) to catch fish as net might damage them.....of course some fish like surgeon tang or lion fish might not be a good idea to use hand.... :nuke:

• SRC Member
hi

this one from a lfs (close down liao)... in cck ( 1 yr back )

uncle the life rock alot of little.. how to get rid??

" just bathe the rock in freshwater over night then all the crabs will die"

cheers:D

Well, actually whether you believe it or not, some people actually dip the live rock in fresh water to get rid of the crab, bristle star or even matis shrimp. Believe me, by the time the live rock gets to your home, 70-80% of the living organism are already died.

It actually save you a lot of headache or heartache to remove all these unwanted hitchhiker at the beginning.

The beneficial bacteria or organism will grow back if keep in proper tank condition for several months.

• SRC Member

Well, actually whether you believe it or not, some people actually dip the live rock in fresh water to get rid of the crab, bristle star or even matis shrimp. Believe me, by the time the live rock gets to your home, 70-80% of the living organism are already died.

It actually save you a lot of headache or heartache to remove all these unwanted hitchhiker at the beginning.

The beneficial bacteria or organism will grow back if keep in proper tank condition for several months.

my rocks are acutally dip in FW, sun for 3 months before going in to a tub to 'grow' baterials....by the time i start should be abt 3 months of curing already.....so its actually not too bad an advise if you don't want any 'uninvited' guest and have the time to slowly cure your rock and make it alive again.... ;)

• SRC Member

my rocks are acutally dip in FW, sun for 3 months before going in to a tub to 'grow' baterials....by the time i start should be abt 3 months of curing already.....so its actually not too bad an advise if you don't want any 'uninvited' guest and have the time to slowly cure your rock and make it alive again.... ;)

Tineng,

I think you are a little overboard.....but i agree with you. hehehe

I would have just dip it in freshwater for 1 hour and that's it. By that time, a lot of the crab or brittle star would have jumped out of the rock already.

After that, put it into a spare tank and run the skimmer until there is no more ammonia. This is because after the freshwater dip, there will be organism starting to die off, you do not want these rotten organism to polute your main tank water.

After a week and there is no more ammonia spike, time to put into the main tank.

• SRC Member

Auntie of a certain reputable LFS told me...

"most important is the underwater gravel filter system...."

she then tried to sell me and convince my parents about how effective the underwater gravel system is.....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
Auntie of a certain reputable LFS told me...

"most important is the underwater gravel filter system...."

she then tried to sell me and convince my parents about how effective the underwater gravel system is.....

Wow...she must be living in the 80's when the marine fish hobby just started. hehehehe

• SRC Member

me : i just start up my tank.. any fish to recommend?

lfs : ohh no prob, these blue fish excellent for new tank, bright somemore..

me : issit? what fish is this?

lfs : lightning bolt damsel

me : err ok wait i walk around and see what is nice 1st..

lfs : no need to walk arnd one la ur tank how big?

me : 3ft

lfs : 3ft ah? easily can take 15 or 20 la.. u see also very nice your tank all blue..

me : wah so many ah.. nvm nvm i walk around 1st..

he was trying to sell me yellow tail damsels.. 20 for that matter!

was in payar lebar.. then it went somewhere else.. :rolleyes:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead