Corals And Fish From Marina Bay

You really should have left at least the butterflies there... they are not known to feed well or even feed in captivity...

....i have a butterfly feeding everytime i feed them. i feel that u nv know whether a fish u brough from a LFS will be feeding until u feed it.

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

• SRC Member

If i m not wrong, the 2 butterflies (not the copperbands) are coral eaters. They love brain corals & polyps as well. In my younger days I threw one which I caught from sea into my tank & the chap went ver y quickly to attack my brain corals. Luckily caught it out fast enough & released back into sea.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

....i have a butterfly feeding everytime i feed them. i feel that u nv know whether a fish u brough from a LFS will be feeding until u feed it.

That I agree... some pple have Moorish Idols that feed, some dont have that good fortune...

Trying is alright, but not for Obligate Coral eaters such as the Eight Banded Butterfly. These fish are better off where they are.

• SRC Member

Hmm i heard of pple telling the shop owner to feed the fish he wanna buy and make sure it feed well before he buy that fish..

• SRC Member
Which part of Marina Bay? :huh: Next time can bring :eyebrow: go there look see. ;)

Hmmm u alight at marina bay station and walk for around 10min and u will reach a carpark for container truck.... then u walk in and u need to get pass bushes and trees before u reach the sea ~~

Thats the onli secret path into the sea cos others had been zipped up for upgrading.. rite?

Hmm i heard of pple telling the shop owner to feed the fish he wanna buy and make sure it feed well before he buy that fish..

not much LFS owner will allows u to do that.

if the fish is not feeding, pollute the tank.

also if all fishes eat, u just get one, everyone comes

try same method, overfed.

theory n real life does not really apply lah.

wat I do is see the fishes active or not.

normal swimming or hiding one corner.

Hmmm u alight at marina bay station and walk for around 10min and u will reach a carpark for container truck.... then u walk in and u need to get pass bushes and trees before u reach the sea

Hi berrykin,

It seems so fun to catch your own marine fish. Can you catch them with a net (size like those for catching butterfly)? Do you have to get yourself wet? Is this the exact location? Please advice me :thanks::bow:

post-6-1062728936.jpg

• SRC Member

Yup i think that should be the location..

Warning..... the fishes so far i caught are copperband.... singapore angel and the fish with many black straps........

The corals not that nice but still corals mahz..... got one type of hard corals look like elephant ears..... its base is hard and there are many holes on it....nice nice little corals flowers will ###### out from this holes...

If u put under blue and white lite.... it is sort of lime green in color...