Marine Tank set up by ATL**TIS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hi bros, ok, will try to do it tonight... thanks for all the advice.

btw, really no 1 having their system?? looks like i'm the only "robert" here.... :(

dun feel lousy bro, nobody starts out knowing everything. :D

post detailed pic of the set up and where there are possible space to squeeze in a skimmer. that should be a start then

• SRC Member
hi bros, ok, will try to do it tonight... thanks for all the advice.

btw, really no 1 having their system?? looks like i'm the only "robert" here.... :(

no lah, i also tio suckered last time. bad mistake :angry:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ndpost&p=287356

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
I read from the forum that Aqua C Remora may be able to fit in. Heard that it is good, any comments?

Yes bro, AquaC Remora is good and probably suitable for you since you need one that operates without the usual sump. I am using one in my setup.

Saw someone selling the Remora Pro for a steal couple of days back in pasar malam. Hurry bro! :D

A pic of your setup?

• SRC Member

IMO..marine setups by AL**TIS is veri nice..but afterall..i dun find the setup very practical..plus..there is no ventilation.. :D my 2 cents..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

hi Bros, here's a pic of the space for the skimmer. I just hooked up a weipro 2011 but don't think it is as effective as the remora. the overflow compartment is filled with coral chips.

have a question, there are so many types of filter media in the market, why they use coral chips and not others like ring, bioballs, etc?

Any comments on the improvements i can embark on?

thanks

*pic resized*

post-6-1122171994.jpg

Edited by roidan

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Picture Resize...

Sorry to said that I have a friend whom have 5ft with the same setup of wall cabinet from floor to ceiling and I think cost less than $4000.

I think yours is a EXPENSIVE. Anyway, since it is done, what you can do is to buy a good skimmer, more Live Rocks, upgrade the light, have a SUMP with overflow (not sure u have it?).

This will help you kick start the tank.

Happy Reefing.

Quote: It is not an error if it is first time, but it will be if second time :D

post-6-1121830021.jpg

• SRC Member

bro,

try to put a wooden stand below the skimmmer to support the weight (circle in yellow). I had a bad experience for not putting a support which crack my tank(8mm)

Can you post a pic of the filter system(top view)? with these, we can actually recmmend what type of skimmer u can opt for...IMO.

;)

post-6-1121830603.jpg

• SRC Member

Yah, looks like no problem for remora. Maybe I will show you how I hook up my remora later here when I get a pic of it.

Nice view you have from your window. :D

Bro, don't loose heart. if you intend to keep your setup simple, I think it is still viable.

What are your plans for this tank? FOWLR or mixed reef? Options may be limited but I am sure you can still work this out.

There are many reefers in Sengkang and Punggol. Try pm those near your house, surely someone will help you. Hint: Try M**v*n T*n, I heard he is very helpful. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Hi wil_lee76, here's pic of how the top looks like... Hope it's clear.

I have done some measurements based on the specs of the remora pro, seems can't fit in, a remora should be able to... or are there any other good recommendations for my 4 ft?

thanks

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Hi Klim

looks unlikely to have a sump unless big modification done.. then it will be much more expensive... maybe as what you said, can improve on lights and invest in a good skimmer (thats top in my to-do list now, but limited space)

I will only go for FOWLR, no time for maintenance of a more comprehensive reef. may i know y i need more live rocks?

thanks

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

picture resize as i have some free time.. :P

post-6-1121840736.jpg

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Hi kokhui

appreciate if you can post a pic of your remora, btw, is it for sale only in eaquanature?

nice view from my window... looks empty lei except for some trees :blink:

mine will be a simple 1, FOWLR, just hope that the fishes will be healthy :rolleyes:

i have posted my name up in M**v*n T*n's sengkang listing

thanks

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

are those black filter floss? you can remove it otherwise need to wash it often to prevent nitrate build-up.

I would leave that compartment empty and have a good skimmer as primary filtration. if you can get your hands on a hang-on FR then it would come handy as a carbon/rowaphos reactor.

• SRC Member

hi Alvin,

thanks for resizing... :D

hi hotlemond

the black thingy is just a plastic plate with holes to distribute the water flow from the main tank to let them land evenly on the wool below. Below the wool will be the whole box of coral chips till the base of the tank. Can i just remove the coral chips and throw carbon, or rowaphos?

thanks

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

sorry, couldn't see well despite the big size pic. Age is catching up on me :D

get rid of the coral chips, wool.

I am thinking a FR is better to run Rowa there. I haven't seen any hang on type other than the Resun and AquaZ.

Hmmmm, dun really like the idea of carbon in mesh bag cos often you have to shake it up a bit to loosen the debris.

You want to look at SeaChem SeaGel that has both carbon and Phosguard mixed together that can be use in a FR? But of course a dedicated FR each for Rowa and carbon is best, but the space??

• SRC Member

Bro Earth,

I think if I am not wrong, bro b2toh is selling his remora pro in pasar malam for $190 with pumo. Not sure if it is still available. Hurry, do a search and contact him lah. Yes, in SG, only eaquanature is selling new ones and you need to wait for 2 weeks for delivery.

No problem bro, cool, I think with FOWLR, your tank should be ok with a bit of modifications. Many bros here will help you, just shoot your questions.

• SRC Member

Hi hotlemond

pardon my ignorance, wat's FR? due to limited space, can i just throw rowa and seagel in the overflow compartment where the wool is now (just below the black piece of plastic)? And let the water rain on them instead of soaking them permanently in the water (at the lowest level of the compartment).

another qns, if coral chips only produce nitrate and not a good filter material, is there any good reasons why it was used in the 1st place?

Hi Kokhui

think remora pro too big for that tight space that i have lah. remora still ok. maybe u can let me view your remora and do some actual measurements... :rolleyes:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

talk about robert!!! hi my name is also robert!!

best part. $5000 for a tank with no skimmer, sump or anything..

no need to change water.. can...

currently keeping goldfish with the tank.. no need for water changes ever!! :lol:

how much is a chiller i ask...

reply : $3000.. :whistle

• SRC Member

Hiya...good to know that you are in Sengkang too...there are many good brothers around that will be most willing to help you am sure.

There will be meet-ups every now and then and perhaps you might wanna go join to know each other better and thereafter listen for advice and options which might be the best for you.

We might have one this Friday (to be confirmed)

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread