• lemon juice
    • lime juice
    • Fishes/Shrimps/Slugs/Berghia/.....
    • dig and throw
    • freshwater
    • other types of ways

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
a better solution would be the seagrass filefish usually sold by Henry of ML.

more reef safe, leaves sps alone and loves apitasia, cheaper than peppermint shrimps which are sort of harder to come by, wont be attacked by shrimp eating fish cos its not a shrimp!

very hardy too!

not really, i had 2 filefish before...both attack LPS like acans. a buddy of mine got filefish too and it was going after zoo....Filefish might not be good for coral tank.....maybe copperband as i heard more good things coming from some expereince reefer regarding this fish....the only problem is if anyone were able to keep them beyond the first year....

• SRC Member
:thanks: for sharing.... Here's a old thread about the feedback.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=38406&st=0

What Henry says is true.The filefish usually mind it's own business.I can see that the filefish's teeth is sharp.Saw it grinding the pellets supposedly to be for those wif big mouths.He said that these stuffs won't disturb LPS or SPS and it really didn't disturb.Thx to him all the aips in my tank is a gonner.

We only have one LFS that brings in seagrass filefish and it is the most effective biological control that i had.Now feeding on pellets.Used to have a copperband it only maintain in one area.The aiptasias are gone within a week.From a tank iinfested wif aiptasia becomes zero aips in a week.But no zoanthids if not later the fish will have the taste for zoanthids.

I am also using a seagrass filefish. Very effective against api. But quite a picky eater. Only eat certain brands of pellets when there are no api around.

Huh i tot easy to feed or is it because my flakes are enhanced wif garlic till the fish stomach grumbling until cannot take it then find it delicious.Try O.S.I. shrimp pellets but mus cut the pellets into two or smaller cause it is actually for large fishes.

girlone.png

Huh i tot easy to feed or is it because my flakes are enhanced wif garlic till the fish stomach grumbling until cannot take it then find it delicious.Try O.S.I. shrimp pellets but mus cut the pellets into two or smaller cause it is actually for large fishes.

My seagrass ff is currently feeding on Salifert and Spectrum pellets. Does not touch flakes though. Maybe it wasn't "dry food" trained in the 1st place, since I didn't get it from ML. Quite lucky to have it feeding on pellets, can't complain further. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
My seagrass ff is currently feeding on Salifert and Spectrum pellets. Does not touch flakes though. Maybe it wasn't "dry food" trained in the 1st place, since I didn't get it from ML. Quite lucky to have it feeding on pellets, can't complain further. :rolleyes:

Whr u get it from???How much???Henry's one instant feed on meaty foods.Saw it chasing shrimp meat last time blown away by current.Ya the filefish won't touch pellets. :(

girlone.png

Whr u get it from???How much???Henry's one instant feed on meaty foods.Saw it chasing shrimp meat last time blown away by current.Ya the filefish won't touch pellets. :(

I got mine from AM. Can't remember the price, but definitely below $10. So looks like I am quite lucky to have a pellet feeding FF. :whistle

• SRC Member
I got mine from AM. Can't remember the price, but definitely below $10. So looks like I am quite lucky to have a pellet feeding FF. :whistle

Sorry what i mean they dun touch flakes.Pellets yes they do love it.

girlone.png

• 1 month later...
I use the seagrass as well. Eat some aips and under control. All existing aips become smaller and hiding.

I have used all methods and didn't works. The best part is that I took out a rock with aips and pour boiling water for about 5 minutes, thinking that it's gone, after a few days new aips appeared on the same spot.

seems very funny that these guys are so extreme hardy. They wont die in hot boiled water. Perhaps the dna are like disease, unkillable at 100C temperature. Anyone tried pouring acid on them?

Seems very afraid if fishes didnt eat properly, some bits are dropped off, they will grow to another aips.

Mine's even worse... i grilled it under open fire using a lighter... burned it to black and charred... 2 weeks later ... it came back at exactly the same spot...

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

seagrass filefish are good but they can become lazy once all the current aiptasia has been eaten. Then they get a liking for normal food and when a new aiptasia comes along they aren't interested! Same with copperbands often.

Berghia nudibranches are supposed to be good but I have never tried them

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member
I use the seagrass as well. Eat some aips and under control. All existing aips become smaller and hiding.

I have used all methods and didn't works. The best part is that I took out a rock with aips and pour boiling water for about 5 minutes, thinking that it's gone, after a few days new aips appeared on the same spot.

Try drowing it in a bottle of chivas..let them drink and dead drunk...=p..jokin only

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

I use the same method as bro sphinx. Use hot water in a syring and inject to the mouth and this continue for several doses of hot water (5ml syring). So far so good for me. Didnt see them after a week

• SRC Member
seagrass filefish are good but they can become lazy once all the current aiptasia has been eaten. Then they get a liking for normal food and when a new aiptasia comes along they aren't interested! Same with copperbands often.

Berghia nudibranches are supposed to be good but I have never tried them

Tested the Berghia Nidibranch by chance. It works great and they get rid of my Aipstasia within 2 weeks. Somehow these Berghia Nidibranch come along when I purchase a mushroom from a LFS. They started mutliply in my FOWLR tank. Then I start transfer 2 of them into my quanrantine tank and they start to mutliply up to 10+ pieces. However once all Aiptasia gone, they are done too (all died).

Now my FOWLR tank cannot spot any Aipstasia. Not sure if any behind the rocks which cannot been seem.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...