My Fishes all got white spot

• SRC Member

Wat happen to my tank..uwahhhh!!! 1st my butterfly fish got white spot...skali now my whole tank got except for my red tomato,skunk,and nemo..The most chialat is my african clown..How lei?? anyone can help me..change 20% water already..dunno how many medicine i put..i even buy the bacteria..in 1 mth i waste $300+ on medicine already..but still neva cure..now i broke already..

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.

Wat happen to my tank..uwahhhh!!! 1st my butterfly fish got white spot...skali now my whole tank got except for my red tomato,skunk,and nemo..The most chialat is my african clown..How lei?? anyone can help me..change 20% water already..dunno how many medicine i put..i even buy the bacteria..in 1 mth i waste $300+ on medicine already..but still neva cure..now i broke already..

Try hyposalinity or freshwater dip treatment. I never tried it but other bros and sis here had done it successfully.

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member

If yrs a purely FOWLR tank, it's easier. Use hyposal. method. If you can catch out the fish into a hospital tank, copper would be the best treatment method. Try Seachem Cupramine but a must to have copper test kit. Too much copper the fish will die, too little it wld not be effective. Copper cannot be used in main tank with corals and inverts.

My experience with reef safe medication in reef tank is - Not very effective and costly. Also, such use of medication would require you to stop carbon, skimmer, ozone and UV which i think wld only deteriorate the water quality. With poorer water quality, fish will stress even more.

Try garlic soaked food, and regular water change to improve water quality.

• SRC Member

Hi, if you really only have fish, no shrimp, clam, or any inverts and you do not plan to keep any in the near future then you should try copper based treatment in the tank.

If you cannot afford to put copper in your main tank, try to get a hospital tank setup, then put the fishes in the hospital tank and use copper treatment. For me, i just use those cheapo plastic tank and air pump. i did not feed also. For me, i wait until all the white spot disappear from my fish then i put them in another tank for 1 day to get rid of any residue copper and then introduce them back to the main tank.

• SRC Member

even after you've taken your fishes out for treatment, they shouldn't be allowed to return into their home tank until after a period of don't know how many days for the ich parasites to die off completely. maybe 14?

May i suggest feeding food marinated with fresh garlic juice to your fishes?

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My tank to big to catch the fish..plus to many live rock...tired lioa play catching with the fish..but i try changing 20% of water for 5 days..den i put da med Henry sell me..cos me $100 for 2 bottle of chem marine parasite..Now my pocket got hole already plus i tink confirm the water bill go up w1..mine tank is 680liter..luckily my hubby pays the bills..hahaha..pity him liow..My hobby end up he have to do everythin for me...i buy things also on impulse without askin alot..He end up buy the book and stuff..

• SRC Member
My tank to big to catch the fish..plus to many live rock...tired lioa play catching with the fish..but i try changing 20% of water for 5 days..den i put da med Henry sell me..cos me $100 for 2 bottle of chem marine parasite..Now my pocket got hole already plus i tink confirm the water bill go up w1..mine tank is 680liter..luckily my hubby pays the bills..hahaha..pity him liow..My hobby end up he have to do everythin for me...i buy things also on impulse without askin alot..He end up buy the book and stuff..

Lol try to read up more before buying ;)

Anyways if your fish is feeding perfectly and still not in dying state let nature takes it course.I used to have tangs that have whitespots and spread to the rest and since all are feeding,the whitespot is gone within a week.Ahh good old days with tangs.Now very wary in keeping tangs.They die your PO4 also spike up a bit.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

U can try waterlife marazyn together with hyposalinity (1.009 ppt).

Medication contains formaline so use cautiously.

Alternatively, dose when its dark since icks multiplies during that time.

These are smart parasites that also lurks ard the fish's territory.

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
U can try waterlife marazyn together with hyposalinity (1.009 ppt).

Medication contains formaline so use cautiously.

Alternatively, dose when its dark since icks multiplies during that time.

These are smart parasites that also lurks ard the fish's territory.

Ozoniser very effective with ich in guarantine tank.

But since you spent so much liao, no point spending more.

You should prepare a guarantine tank or pail also can, but for this tank, reduce your salinity level below normal level.

Put your fishes there for 2-3days can liao. But rmb to supply air pump and dose some of your ich medications as instruct.

If still persists, fix a UV light on yr main tank and switch on for 4-5 hrs per day. Dun switch on it for too long, otherwise yr fishes will gana skin cancer. I experienced before.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Just don't buy and add anymore fishes now, the new ones will sure get it and spread ich parasites more, and deteriorate the water if they die. If you do buy fishes at later stage when things stablises, NEVER overload yr tank with fishes, and NEVER buy non-quarantine fishes at the farm or shop, and then dump them straight into your main tank (worse if together with the big water). If you do, you will see the same ich problem returning to haunt you and yr fishes.

Read more on fish quarantine and acclimatisation will help you a long way. Cheers.

You reported the ich issue on the 19-Oct-08. By now it is more than 8 days. How is your fishes? Any died? Did the treatment control the ich? It is very difficult for a fish to survive more than 7 days unless it already built up a strong resistant again the ich. If the fishes is doing well, I would suggest that you do the same treatment. Dun stress the fishes by catching or transferring them.

can trying feeding them wif garlic soaked food....to build up their resistance against ich...for me i feed my fishes everydae wif garlic soaked food

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

bro, garlic food seems good for prevention only. UV to me does help and it can turn on 24 hrs(hopefully u all are not referring to those UV light bulb to shine over the tank). For ozoniser, it help to clear and clean up the water faster. Medication and hypo treatment do receive good feedback but depending on yr tank setup, if fish one, it should be troublesome. If got coral,need to catch the fish out. Prevention is better than cure. For me, no luck and usually fish fails on me when i do more things. So now, ensure proper aclimatisation and reduce stress level for newly introduced fishes. Since it happened to your tank, i think you should decide to go for medication dose or hypo or just hope it will recover by feeding with garlic added food.

just my personal experience. Good Luck..

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Moderators
bro, garlic food seems good for prevention only. UV to me does help and it can turn on 24 hrs(hopefully u all are not referring to those UV light bulb to shine over the tank). For ozoniser, it help to clear and clean up the water faster. Medication and hypo treatment do receive good feedback but depending on yr tank setup, if fish one, it should be troublesome. If got coral,need to catch the fish out. Prevention is better than cure. For me, no luck and usually fish fails on me when i do more things. So now, ensure proper aclimatisation and reduce stress level for newly introduced fishes. Since it happened to your tank, i think you should decide to go for medication dose or hypo or just hope it will recover by feeding with garlic added food.

just my personal experience. Good Luck..

Halo, not bro is sis lah. :lol::lol::lol:

Like Bro Solo said, food soaked with garlic will help the fish to resist parasite. For UV, get 1 which fit your tank volume not don't oversize too much, else it will kill no only the bad ones but the good ones too. So moderate on the size and you can turn it off if no more problem in the tank.. Safe money and bulb life too. :)

Tom

hehe....thanks for the correct. Bro Thomas, your sps cutter, i found it. Will pass to you when we meet next time. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks for all the advice..U know wat the med that henry prescribe me really works..but i must top up buffer...straight 5 days..every tomorow look better then yesterday..hahaha..Thanks for all your advice..N also thanks to Henry....

• Sponsor
Thanks for all the advice..U know wat the med that henry prescribe me really works..but i must top up buffer...straight 5 days..every tomorow look better then yesterday..hahaha..Thanks for all your advice..N also thanks to Henry....

Hi Sis RevellClownFish :)

Very happy for you that all is well.

Yes, the treatment is costly and you have your very caring hubby to thank too :lol:

For now, be careful when adding new livestocks.

Continue working on the system's biological & ionic stability.

Happy Fish :)

SIGNATURE-Asta120SpirulinaGarlicReefMedi

Join us on Facebook! 

henry'sreefgourmet - your fish, corals and critters will love it!

Goodbye!PO4 - your simple, highly effective and low cost method to phosphate control

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Tel : 6777 4047
Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:
Mondays : 3pm - 8pm
Tues - Sat : 12.30pm - 8pm

Sundays : Closed

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas