• SRC Member

Have anyone been to a reef shop at west coast( ayer rajah market).I saw alot of red prata, bubbles, red gonia and many others. But can see but cannot buy. It is the most expensive shop in Singapore! Selling red prata (not very nice one) at $150, bubble $100, red gonia $50-$300. Anyone buy from this shop before? Shop owner also very stuck up ...........!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Have anyone been to a reef shop at west coast( ayer rajah market).I saw alot of red prata, bubbles, red gonia and many others. But can see but cannot buy. It is the most expensive shop in Singapore! Selling red prata (not very nice one) at $150, bubble $100, red gonia $50-$300. Anyone buy from this shop before? Shop owner also very stuck up ...........!

Is it the shop beside the closed coffee-shop... in the HDB block?

Or is it the stall in the wet market?

• Senior Reefer
tot they getting someone to take over the shop and going into import and export?

im not sure about that. but if threadstarter is reffering to a marine shop next to a coffeeshop, then should be jirhmarine? but the coffee shop close liao i think.

• SRC Member

Yes, it's JM! hahahaha...ya...their corals are ex ex ex :shock: normally if their prada is very nice and brilliant, they priced around 4 blue notes and above.

The bubble you see is not the normal green type..if i m not wrong is blue bali bubble...very rare...red gonia also not common.

I ever saw the super suns JM brought in last yr....big and shui...and you know how much?!....3 blue notes for avg 3-4 heads.

But sometimes if you are heng, you can grab their offer...usually the days following after their shipment arrived.

JM and GO are 2 LFS whereby their prices tend to be on the high side bcoz they usually bring in exotic LS.

At least you din buy anything...for me...i am usually too gong (drooling as i write) to leave a LFS empty handed....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
im not sure about that. but if threadstarter is reffering to a marine shop next to a coffeeshop, then should be jirhmarine? but the coffee shop close liao i think.

they was looking for someone to take over the shop at the other forum. they claimed business been good :rolleyes: maybe bro lemon wanna take over

• SRC Member

I've experienced the infamous "can see but cannot buy" situation, after this LFS putting thread of fabulous shipment enticing hobbyist to their shop.

Gave me the impression that I m visiting a public display aquarium instead! In addition, I stay damn far away from them.

Never did I ever visited them again.

Once bitten is enough, do not want to encounter "twice shy".

Thumbs down...

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
I've experienced the infamous "can see but cannot buy" situation, after this LFS putting thread of fabulous shipment enticing hobbyist to their shop.

Gave me the impression that I m visiting a public display aquarium instead! In addition, I stay damn far away from them.

Never did I ever visited them again.

Once bitten is enough, do not want to encounter "twice shy".

Thumbs down...

hahaha..i agree with you bro...prices too hard to swallow, my saliva gana stuck in the throat :pinch: ...usually see those deep pocket uncles / yuppies patronising their place.

l7304smr.jpg

I've been to the shop a couple of times and can only say that on rare occasions, they have some nice corals and livestocks but the prices seems more like daylight robbery. Normal days, it just normal corals claimed to be exotics. I was quoted $150 for elegance and I shit in my pants. :eyeblur: felt very insulted when quoted that kind of prices. I gladly buy from other LFS .

• SRC Member
I've been to the shop a couple of times and can only say that on rare occasions, they have some nice corals and livestocks but the prices seems more like daylight robbery. Normal days, it just normal corals claimed to be exotics. I was quoted $150 for elegance and I shit in my pants. :eyeblur: felt very insulted when quoted that kind of prices. I gladly buy from other LFS .

wahaha :ooh: ..this thread getting very interesting...

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

haha yes their stuff are really ex. coral wise is so, but for fish it depends. i bought my moorish idol (still alive for 1.5months and feeds on everything even my fingers) for only 1.5 red notes. and a pellet eating copperbands for 0.8 red note. so i think it is safe to say that certain things are not worth buying while others are. as for their corals, dunno, coz i not enuf money to buy bring home try XD.

let us not diverge into a LFS flaming scene shall we (: incase things get out of hands.

• SRC Member
haha yes their stuff are really ex. coral wise is so, but for fish it depends. i bought my moorish idol (still alive for 1.5months and feeds on everything even my fingers) for only 1.5 red notes. and a pellet eating copperbands for 0.8 red note. so i think it is safe to say that certain things are not worth buying while others are. as for their corals, dunno, coz i not enuf money to buy bring home try XD.

let us not diverge into a LFS flaming scene shall we (: incase things get out of hands.

fish wise is reasonable corals i never try. but i do encountered they as post on website say price can be discuss but when reached there its "fixed" no neg. <_<

• Senior Reefer
fish wise is reasonable corals i never try. but i do encountered they as post on website say price can be discuss but when reached there its "fixed" no neg. <_<

haha. ya ya. the boss also abit haolian...ok very haolian...but he is seldom there.

ok enuf. im not going to say anymore. LA LA LA LA im going to ignore this thread. dun wan get into toruble =x

anyone know which the nearest MRT to sealife? any new stuffs there?

novena mrt...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
Just down the road from JM is ML... so can hop over anytime to ML :eyebrow:

But ML the corals are in the tub...cannot see properly leh...lol...nothing much also leh. (ML fans dun bomb me hor...just speaking from my opinion)

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
hahaha..i agree with you bro...prices too hard to swallow, my saliva gana stuck in the throat :pinch: ...usually see those deep pocket uncles / yuppies patronising their place.

Price is not a prob as long as you feel that its worth it, happy buyer happy seller policy. However, worse off.... they gime an idiotic reason... Corals are under quarantine, not for sale. Why post online the available lifestocks/shipment if its not ready for sale??

Makes no diff of telling me: "Hey, go fly kite... I choose the customer and I am not selling you these"

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Price is not a prob as long as you feel that its worth it, happy buyer happy seller policy. However, worse off.... they gime an idiotic reason... Corals are under quarantine, not for sale. Why post online the available lifestocks/shipment if its not ready for sale??

Makes no diff of telling me: "Hey, go fly kite... I choose the customer and I am not selling you these"

i hope you're not refering to ML's tub , cause apparently got people's tank rescaping so he's helping to house the corals. more so , if you're refering to henry as that kinda person , i think you gonna get bombed by all the ml fans (including me) cause henry's seriously one of the better / cheerful / helpful store owners around. yupz i suppose good service counts too , cause it aint always about the livestock :)

• SRC Member

Huh?!! lolx...you mean those in the tanks outside...i know their service level and attitude...anyway their shop asst jimmy no longer there liao...doubt i will go there anymore.

l7304smr.jpg

anyone know which the nearest MRT to sealife? any new stuffs there?

the nearest is toa payoh ( u can take 145) or opposite novena mrt

the place is at balestier

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member
i hope you're not refering to ML's tub , cause apparently got people's tank rescaping so he's helping to house the corals. more so , if you're refering to henry as that kinda person , i think you gonna get bombed by all the ml fans (including me) cause henry's seriously one of the better / cheerful / helpful store owners around. yupz i suppose good service counts too , cause it aint always about the livestock :)

huh?!...wat talking u...we r referring to JM leh.

l7304smr.jpg