20/9/2010 - 26/9/2010

• SRC Member

realize i have got some more of WI, they like to stick together. they school in the wild.

DSC_0947.JPG

hope you guys can manage to see the pellets. feeding.

DSC_0956.JPG

DSC_0952.JPG

snatching for pellets.

DSC_0957.JPG

For Solo Fredd,

DSC_0012.JPG

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requested by Sonny:

There was really moon cakes with drinks for us.

DSC_0061.JPG

Some pinch of spices in this thread:

no Chang-er to accompany us, however..

Accompanied by beautiful kids(unlike the father), I couldnt help it but take some pictures of these beautiful "livestocks".

To the owner of these kids, are these "livestocks" for sale?

handsome kid with big bright eyes

DSC_0075.JPG

A pretty girl texting her mum on how much money her father spent that day. She looked dead serious! :lol:

DSC_0080.JPG

Day ended well with nice moon cakes.

DSC_0066.JPG

Your photo taking is "no horse runs". Keep it up. Send me the photo of my kids. Thanks

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

gorgeous photos law!

was really fun and the moon cakes lol!

send me the one of me holding the eel and the butterfly! but don't post here!

just a summary of the shipment

the wrought irons were extremely healthy and very very nicely priced. 100 red notes for the medium sized ones and 130 red notes for the small one is unheard of! truly spectacular and the next shipment i will be ready for them. Steven is really the person to look for for rare fishes.

the small one went to digiman and i'm sure will be under fantastic care. the other 2 dunno who got them but wish them all the best!

the tiny baby dragon moray is extremely rare. almost never are they found in such sizes and it's truly fortunate to be able to see one. to the buyer who wishes to remain anonymous, enjoy your little eel and hope it grows into a magnificent beast! the eel was priced also very attractively and even more worth it than the WI butterflies.

Doubt the secret can hold for long, lol.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Anyway, the 4 livestocks all under experienced masters. All the best to them and make Singaporean proud. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

bali soft corals and fish @ iwarna this friday. subjected to changes

Not forgetting captive-bred Atlantic tiger gobies (Elacatinus macrodon). These gobies are quite uncommon in the trade, not much information can be found on the internet. Even in U.S they easily command up to USD $30 per fish. Limited pieces only. I probably will not be raising these for a long time, as I will be focusing my efforts on other fish.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

very quiet midweek at pasir ris...

shop in front of ah beng has some nice bubble...

IMO very hard to find LFS that sells nice looking bubble that opens up fully nowadays..

ahbeng as usual came in truck loads of boxes,

they were so busy filling their tanks up,

didnt stay to see if they have anything special..

nothing much at iwarna, nothing much at pinnacle...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

pasir ris tends to be more "re-nao" during the end of the week.

thursday - ah beng will have philippine shipment. the usual philippine fish, but will sometimes come interesting fishes like Liopropoma basslets, Genicanthus angels, very unique and rare Cirrhilabrus fairy wrasse and other seldom seen wrasses. you need a good eye and must be able to identify which are the gems amongst the common stuff. most of the time, rare fairy wrasses can be found, but they are usually in juvenile or female colouration and you must know how to differentiate them.

i've found female melanomarginatus fairy wrasses before, as well as filament x flavianalis flasher wrasse hybrids. since philippine shipments include fishes from Cebu, one can find, if they are extremely lucky, the very rare pintail fairy wrasse, rusty x flame hybrid angelfish, yellow mask swallowtail angelfish, roseafascia fairy etc. rare fishes sometimes get shipped along by mistake and usually females appear only, since females look so similar to other more common fish.

philippine shipments are common but extremely over looked. so if you pay attention to details, you will be heavily rewarded. and that's why i love to chiong philippine shipments.

friday iwarna also will have philippine shipment. although they don't carry liopropoma basslets and rare fairy wrasse, they often carry uncommon fishes like venustus and multibar angels in small sizes like 2 inch. colinis are a rare find but sometimes available. sought after fishes lik flavoguttatus anthias, uncommon fairy wrasses from cebu and other weird gobies and dartfishes are the cool kids at the party!

so philippine shipments can be a riot if you know what to look out for and can be even more exciting than hawaii shipments and the like!

• SRC Member

looking for Selcon, anyone knows where can i find it? tried AM but they dun carry it anymore..

looking for Selcon, anyone knows where can i find it? tried AM but they dun carry it anymore..

Fyi, :)

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/AddProduct.asp?ProdID=171

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/AddProduct.asp?ProdID=1025

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

hawaii shipent iwarna.

- Flavicauda angel

- Lemonpeel hybrids

- lemonpeel angel

- Goldflake angel

- Threadfin butterfly

- Declivis butterfly

- Achilles Tang

- Chevron tang

- Kole tang

- Flame wrasse

- Rhomboid wrasse

- Psych head wrasse

- Ventralis anthias

strange. no yellow tangs, flame angels and bartletts?