181010 - 241010

• Senior Reefer

Lotilia graciliosa?

amazing. the white cap shrimp goby finally arriving. is the natural choice of pistol, Alpheus rubromaculatus also arriving? L. graciliosa only pairs with A. rubromaculatus in the wild. Not sure if it will accept substitute pistol shrimps.

To Law, this goby is not very very extremely rare. Just rare. it's becoming increasingly common in the U.S and japan, and the price has also dropped temendously. Used to be about > $1k USD for one, but now price drop to less than half of that. But still very expensive for a goby. And yes, first time in Singapore.

It has a very large range from red sea, to Cebu, marshall islands, palau, japan and indo-pacific. Just rarely collected but now getting more popular already.

Best to keep in a dedicated tank of it's own...

already have interested buyer liao :) hope he is fast enough to get it haha

Edit*

Filament wrasse? As in Paracheilinus filamentosus? the filamented flasher wrasse. if it is, i hope it's the Solomon Island variant. gorgeous that one...

or could be other "filamented" wrasses.... tonozukai? :eyebrow: BELL'S FLASHER!?!?!?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lotilia graciliosa?

amazing. the white cap shrimp goby finally arriving. is the natural choice of pistol, Alpheus rubromaculatus also arriving? L. graciliosa only pairs with A. rubromaculatus in the wild. Not sure if it will accept substitute pistol shrimps.

To Law, this goby is not very very extremely rare. Just rare. it's becoming increasingly common in the U.S and japan, and the price has also dropped temendously. Used to be about > $1k USD for one, but now price drop to less than half of that. But still very expensive for a goby. And yes, first time in Singapore.

It has a very large range from red sea, to Cebu, marshall islands, palau, japan and indo-pacific. Just rarely collected but now getting more popular already.

The whitecap goby is no longer etremely rare. It's not even rare now, jux semi-rare. The price has dropped worldwide. In US now the most expensive is USD250, some places selling below USD200. Japan wise it's even cheaper now, around USD150.

It's a v small goby, and most will be surprised how small the goby is. Suitable only for nano tank unless u want the fish to go missing in the tank.

• Senior Reefer

The whitecap goby is no longer etremely rare. It's not even rare now, jux semi-rare. The price has dropped worldwide. In US now the most expensive is USD250, some places selling below USD200. Japan wise it's even cheaper now, around USD150.

It's a v small goby, and most will be surprised how small the goby is. Suitable only for nano tank unless u want the fish to go missing in the tank.

yah price drop alot already.

L. graciliosa is wide ranging, shallow water, locally not rare. there's no reason for the exorbitant prices. it's slowly losing it's novelty and the prices will drop sooner or later.

yah price drop alot already.

L. graciliosa is wide ranging, shallow water, locally not rare. there's no reason for the exorbitant prices. it's slowly losing it's novelty and the prices will drop sooner or later.

In this pic shows how small the fish is for those wondering wat fish it is:

IMG_1177.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Was tempted to buy L. graciliosa since it's something i've been waiting for since it appeared in the news.

But if price is too high i'll wait. Like i said, it's not rare. just uncollected due to unawareness. now it's getting very recognised so it wont be long until it comes.

but i'll still be there tomorrow to see this holy grail little goby and see if the price is good.

Was tempted to buy L. graciliosa since it's something i've been waiting for since it appeared in the news.

But if price is too high i'll wait. Like i said, it's not rare. just uncollected due to unawareness. now it's getting very recognised so it wont be long until it comes.

but i'll still be there tomorrow to see this holy grail little goby and see if the price is good.

Likely to come in a pair. So if lowest USD 150 x 2. Then you should know how much to bring. Hehehe... :yahoo:

• Senior Reefer

Wrasse aficionados, LCK has some very interesting wrasses installed. Cirrhilabrus beauperryi (beuaperryi fairy wrasse). Rare species from PNG. Also many filamented flasher Wrasses (PAracheilinus filamentosus). These are not from indonesia, but rather, from Solomon islands. A rare variant with bright yellow dorsal fin. Many rhomboid, mystery, condei, etc

• SRC Member

Wrasse aficionados, LCK has some very interesting wrasses installed. Cirrhilabrus beauperryi (beuaperryi fairy wrasse). Rare species from PNG. Also many filamented flasher Wrasses (PAracheilinus filamentosus). These are not from indonesia, but rather, from Solomon islands. A rare variant with bright yellow dorsal fin. Many rhomboid, mystery, condei, etc

What's the sizes n condition of the blue angels bro?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• Senior Reefer

CF came a pair of Cirrhilabrus johnsoni.

The recent star of all fairy wrasses, Johnson's fairy wrasse.

This fairy wrasse has not been in the market for almost a decade already. Emerging after it's long hiatus, is due to the fact that the sole collector, Brian Greene, is back in business. It is endemic to Marshall Islands, but is found most commonly in only one atoll in the islands, known as Kwajalein atoll.

Priced very steeply at 1.6k a pair.

It's about time that they came in to out little red dot's shores but the price will start dropping eventually since they are being collected now.

Plus Heifrich and Multicolor. All at very attractive price. Better be fast else they will be exported to other place soon.

Left 1 more white cap goby.

• Senior Reefer

The Johnson's fairy at CF is small.

when fully grown, it should look like this. Very beautiful and unique species.

It's one of the only 2 wrasses to have a deeply lunated tail. the other being Cirrhilabrus lunatus.

Johnson's fairy is endemic only to Marshall Islands. To make it even rarer, specifically only one atoll is the entire chain of islands. The Kwajalein atoll.

post-15755-064665400 1287835681.txt

• SRC Member

actually dun know

so many ppl crazy over wrasses

but actually wrasses very common

in most of the seas

just dive into malaysia, asia water

and u get to see plenty of them

some native even fish them from the water

and just dump aside..

• Senior Reefer

actually dun know

so many ppl crazy over wrasses

but actually wrasses very common

in most of the seas

just dive into malaysia, asia water

and u get to see plenty of them

some native even fish them from the water

and just dump aside..

oh there are so many different kids of wrasses -.-

how can you assume all are cheap and worthless that people dump aside?

there are 57 species of fairy wrasses.

at least half of them are so rare that they are only found in isolated parts of the world.

many are endemic, meaning they are only found in one tiny part of the world and nowhere else.

for example,

Cirrhilabrus jordani. flame wrasse is endemic to hawaii.

Cirrhilabrus johnsoni. Johnson's fairy wrasse is endemic to marshall islands.

Cirrhilabrus blatteus. The Red Sea fairy wrasse is well, as the name suggest, endemic to Red Sea.

some are very deepwater and are extremely difficult to collect. for example,

Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis

Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus. The rhomboid fairy wrasse and the hooded fairy wrasse.

The rarest fairy wrasse in the world is Cirrhilabrus claire, The claire's fairy wrasse. It is not only rare, it's found ONLY in cook islands. till date there's only ONE photo of a dead specimen available.

How then can you say that all are cheap and abundant?

Each species has it's own unique story, how it's founded, it's biology, it's nature etc.

It is very interesting to study each species in depth and that's why i'm so passionate about fish.

it's not just fish. it's history. it's biology. it's psychology! it's everything!

There will always be a handful of people, like you, who will never understand the level of "passion" people like me have.

that's why we have 2 kinds of passionate reefers. One who enjoy the hobby so much and enjoy looking at fishes, keeping them, and the other who loves them so much that they study and read so much into everything.

so yes i'm wrasse crazy, and there are many other people who are wrasse crazy!

hope you understand now :)

• SRC Member

oh there are so many different kids of wrasses -.-

how can you assume all are cheap and worthless that people dump aside?

there are 57 species of fairy wrasses.

at least half of them are so rare that they are only found in isolated parts of the world.

many are endemic, meaning they are only found in one tiny part of the world and nowhere else.

for example,

Cirrhilabrus jordani. flame wrasse is endemic to hawaii.

Cirrhilabrus johnsoni. Johnson's fairy wrasse is endemic to marshall islands.

Cirrhilabrus blatteus. The Red Sea fairy wrasse is well, as the name suggest, endemic to Red Sea.

some are very deepwater and are extremely difficult to collect. for example,

Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis

Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus. The rhomboid fairy wrasse and the hooded fairy wrasse.

The rarest fairy wrasse in the world is Cirrhilabrus claire, The claire's fairy wrasse. It is not only rare, it's found ONLY in cook islands. till date there's only ONE photo of a dead specimen available.

How then can you say that all are cheap and abundant?

Each species has it's own unique story, how it's founded, it's biology, it's nature etc.

It is very interesting to study each species in depth and that's why i'm so passionate about fish.

it's not just fish. it's history. it's biology. it's psychology! it's everything!

There will always be a handful of people, like you, who will never understand the level of "passion" people like me have.

that's why we have 2 kinds of passionate reefers. One who enjoy the hobby so much and enjoy looking at fishes, keeping them, and the other who loves them so much that they study and read so much into everything.

i'm in the 2nd group and i don't expect anyone to follow, but it's just different.

so yes i'm wrasse crazy, and there are many other people who are wrasse crazy!

hope you understand now :)

O dun get me wrong

I dun assume that all are cheap are worthless

that being dumped by them

I saw some very attractive ones, I was being told

that they live near the sea, get to c it everday

How I wish they can just give to me rather then dump it

and let it dry and up lorry

I also love wrasse but bo bian tank too small

only can squeeze one six line wrasses

• Senior Reefer

O dun get me wrong

I dun assume that all are cheap are worthless

that being dumped by them

I saw some very attractive ones, I was being told

that they live near the sea, get to c it everday

How I wish they can just give to me rather then dump it

and let it dry and up lorry

I also love wrasse but bo bian tank too small

only can squeeze one six line wrasses

the family of wrasses is one of the biggest family in the marine fish kingdom.

i'm sure the ones being caught and dumped are larger edible ones like parrotfishes and other larger wrasses.

although there are plenty plenty of colourful fairy and flasher wrasses from indonesia and malaysia.

A HUGE bulk of the popular wrasses in the marine hobby comes out of Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines.

but a good bulk of them also come from other exotic locales.

Anyway don't dilute this thread anymore. Any more questions u can PM me.

• SRC Member

Lotilia graciliosa?

already have interested buyer liao :) hope he is fast enough to get it haha

Edit*

Filament wrasse? As in Paracheilinus filamentosus? the filamented flasher wrasse. if it is, i hope it's the Solomon Island variant. gorgeous that one...

or could be other "filamented" wrasses.... tonozukai? :eyebrow: BELL'S FLASHER!?!?!?

Can't be Bell's flasher la! I'll be very interested! Hahaha

• SRC Member

LCK USA Shipment updates: very good price from this shipment. I myself find it tempted to get a few of them.

Filament Flasher, might be from Solomon. much nicer than the Indo counter part for the body stripes and dorsal.

P1040130.jpg

Many Multi-color Angel

P1040147.jpg

Condei Wrasse

P1040153.jpg

Blue Angel

P1040150.jpg

P1040152.jpg

Many Helfichi Goby, lazy to net all.

P1040135.jpg

Rhomboid Wrasse x 10 of rather good size. Dun get fooled by the color without proper lighting. Many Mystery Wrasse and flasher. Didnt net all. Didn't net the beuberri as well.

P1040144.jpg

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||