Weekly LFS & Shipment Updates - 31th Oct to 6th Nov 2011

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

CF Special:

14 x Joculators (some due for export tomorrow)

3 x Special Lemonpeel Angel without the blue ring round the eyes

1 x Mini Chevron

2 x AT

LCK

Lots of small Flame Hawk

2 x Small AT

Ahh!!

The lemonpeel angel from Indian ocean!

This rare species has no blue eye ring, but instead, a blue iris!

Very nice. Do you know the size?

• Senior Reefer

Yes their iris are blue and according to aunty they are from coco islands, probably together with the Jocs.

There's one about 2"+ and another two slightly bigger

Yes.

It's an exciting little dwarf angel that seldom gets put on sale. It's same species, a lemonpeel, from it's commoner pacific counterparts but the difference is in the eye.

Probably a geographical variation or a new species evolved from the regular lemonpeel through speciation. This one is found in cocos island with Joculators and is an Indian ocean species. Not pacific.

Do you hve any idea on the price?

Yes.

It's an exciting little dwarf angel that seldom gets put on sale. It's same species, a lemonpeel, from it's commoner pacific counterparts but the difference is in the eye.

Probably a geographical variation or a new species evolved from the regular lemonpeel through speciation. This one is found in cocos island with Joculators and is an Indian ocean species. Not pacific.

Do you hve any idea on the price?

Sounds interesting. Would anyone happen to have a picture too. Cos I've a feeling that the price is way above what I'm able to afford. :(

• Senior Reefer

Sounds interesting. Would anyone happen to have a picture too. Cos I've a feeling that the price is way above what I'm able to afford. :(

don't be too excited because the difference is not much from the normal lemonpeel.

here are some photos of it in captivity and in the wild.

look at the eye. it is missing the blue ring but instead, the iris of the eye is blue.

i like this alot and find it very interesting.

but not many people would pay many times more for a lemonpeel that looks hardly different from the norm.

post-15755-0-64486900-1320055035_thumb.j

post-15755-0-00899200-1320055044_thumb.j

post-15755-0-74545500-1320055049_thumb.j

don't be too excited because the difference is not much from the normal lemonpeel.

here are some photos of it in captivity and in the wild.

look at the eye. it is missing the blue ring but instead, the iris of the eye is blue.

i like this alot and find it very interesting.

but not many people would pay many times more for a lemonpeel that looks hardly different from the norm.

Actually, I like this variation of lemonpeel as compared to the normal one. If only I have the $$$. Sigh.

• SRC Member

What's the smallest sized Joc in this shipment?

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Still looking for Bamboo Cat shark. Anyone spotted in the east? I know CF has one but its too far for me. Thnx :ThanxSmiley:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

Try asking Iwarna. Iwarna has peppermint hog, hybrid lemon peel, flame angel, coral beauty, gobies, pistol shrimps, blue tang, multi line basslets, etc.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Still looking for Bamboo Cat shark. Anyone spotted in the east? I know CF has one but its too far for me. Thnx :ThanxSmiley:

i think i saw them at Sea Life in Balestier... only two left. dunno if this is still far for you...

Looks very healthy, good luck

i think i saw them at Sea Life in Balestier... only two left. dunno if this is still far for you...

Looks very healthy, good luck

Balestier ok. will have a look. thnx!

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

Balestier ok. will have a look. thnx!

you could call them first to confirm.... they are closed on Monday and Wednesday. Open other days from 1pm-7pm....

anyone knows where can i get paired clowns and cleaner shrimps other than in Iwarna?cause iwarna very far fron my house. :ThanxSmiley:

Check SeaLife in Balestier as they just had a shipment of clownfish last week or so i think. I remember seeing lots of clownfish in their shop last week. so maybe worth to call them first.