My very first

Poison by my frd >.<

This is my very first tank.

Tank was given by my frd and that where my poison getting deeper haha.

Currently the tank still in cycle and I know nothing about reef or any short term you guys are using.. But I will get to know soon.

Here is the set up.

uqady4up.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, keep the pics coming. Btw what's the white thing in the middle lying on the sandbed?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice, keep the pics coming. Btw what's the white thing in the middle lying on the sandbed?

It is a dead coral stone from okinawa ^^ collected it when i was walking on the beach there.

Will take picture tonight ^^ NPNT right? haha

• SRC Member

No picture no talk lol.

We are different here not so hostile in comparison, anyway looking good very soon you will surely upgrade haha.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Yeah use to read edmw, but now no more..

Have tested on my ammonia it reaches to the max color and now waiting for it to drop to 0.

zy2etuve.jpg

Have also bought this table for the tank =)

urehuzy3.jpg

Yeah use to read edmw, but now no more..

Have tested on my ammonia it reaches to the max color and now waiting for it to drop to 0.

zy2etuve.jpg

urehuzy3.jpg

Hi bro, dun think this table strong enough to withstand the weight of marine fish tank, u might want to consider first

urehuzy3.jpg

Nice...what is the dimension and the damage ($)?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I think this cupboard should be okie.. Total weight of this table is 14.2kg @.@ got weight.. Maybe I will put two L bracket to secure just in case. It not shakie and it heavy.

yju4udu7.jpg

Here is the whole tank and the table.

4aje5u8u.jpg

I have readjust the stone again.. Notice that some part of the stone having black algae.. Dun know if it harmful..

Here is the picture of the stone from day 1.

e6e2u6e4.jpg

qypy3e6y.jpg

se8eju9y.jpg

Can I buy a snail or shrimp to put in first haha.. So empty the tank >. <

Nitrite was 5ppm... Tested and scare.. But did a change of 40% of the water. On Monday bought a bluespotted watchman, 2 nassRius snails, 1 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp and a white coco worms. Falling in love with the coco worms!!

Oh yes on monday the tank went up to 31% @.@ update: the shrimp change the shell was shock when I wake up and my sis say the shrimp is dead–. –!! The two snail is no where to be seen must be hiding under the sand. The watchman is still hiding in the stone I can only see the tails... The worm is opening up and a few time it got scare it shrink in and lost a few feathers... So far that all.. Maybe will get a ice probe =)

Hi hi. I think my prawn die bcos I didn't do enough water acclimation.. My the rest of the ls still okie... Recently my yellow clown goby commit suicide by jumping out of the tank... Bro at first I thought was the water.. But I check on no3 is 0, nitrite was 0.25, ph at 7.7(put in solution to pump up the solution) check on nitrate at 20. It should be okie right?

Current look of the tank

Posted Image

Fish I have:

1 yellow prawn goby

1 spotted mandarin

1 pair of ocellaris clownfish

Invertebrates I have:

1 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp

1 Blood red fire shrimp

1 bumble bee snail

1 spiny star astraea snail

2 super Tongan nassarius snail

1 turbo snail

• SRC Member

Mandarin is hard to keep, it feeds on pods and I don't think your tank has any. Unless u are lucky to have acquired a pellet eating one.

Also the bumblebee snail is challenging to keep as it is carnivorous and might turn on the other snails as food source.

New as you may be, there are tons of info on the Internet. I suggest you read up before subjecting live animals to unfavorable and potentially fatal conditions.

Peace out

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

So far my mandarin has been roaming around to eat the pods in the tank. I did see some but not sure it Alot. It has been we mi for a week, I do see him eat and spill out the pellet.. Not sure if it eating. Will monitor bumblebee more closely.

So far my mandarin has been roaming around to eat the pods in the tank. I did see some but not sure it Alot. It has been we mi for a week, I do see him eat and spill out the pellet.. Not sure if it eating. Will monitor bumblebee more closely. Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
At the start, probably there's still some pods.. But your mandarin may not last long as there's not enuff live rocks to breed enuff pods. Pellets eating mandarins are hard to train. You can try blood worms, I did manage to train mine to eat them until it decided to jump

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

Thats alot of ls u are keeping in that small tank. I have that same skimmer i used before, its good but personally,..for nano tank just stick to frequent water changes. might want to also consider a nano chiller for your shrimps, they can't survive in a small space in a warm environment. Unless your room is 24/7 aircon there is very high chance of stress for all the ls.

i hope your nano tank success, i gave up on mine 6 months down and upgraded, less time spent on almost

Thanks for the feedback. Will buy pods for the mandarins to eat.. Dun know why he is always stomach big big.. Always swim here and there to eat.. One thing I notice my dottyback purple attack his tail.. Hmm not sure is it hungry or what.. Recent update is my my turbo snail is death and I went to buy another two it is also death... I m sure it not due to the bumble bee snail as he always on the top of the life stone. My water has change 3day to 1 week about 20% change. And from 1.025 salinity I have drop it to 1.023.. Also not working. Both my nassarius and bumble bee is still doing very well..

I also notice that my prawn goby have injury or infection dun know what it is..

Posted Image

Ammonia is at 0. Nitrite is at 0.25 ph is at 8. The rest I Dun have the test kits..